Harmon Kardon HKTS-18 Subwoofer Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for some help from someone more technically inclined than I am. I have a Harmon Kardon HKTS-18 and I'm having problems with my subwoofer (SUB-TS18).

I'm not sure what exactly the problem is but I'll do my best to describe the problem. When it is on, the blue light is lit up on the sub and when it is off, it is orange. Lately, the sub is constantly turning off on me. It used to happen occasionally when there are loud explosions in movies, but now it is happening more frequently and sometimes even when there is no sound at all.

When it happens, I would turn the sub off and then on again or reset the T3.15AL/250V switch at the back and then it usually fires back up again and sounds fine. I've tried expensive subwoofer cables and subwoofer specific surge protectors and it hasn't fixed the problem. What could be the problem? Do I need to replace the fuse? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-29-2010, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
A number of people with different types of subs have the auto-sensing circuit go bad after awhile. Do you have the option of off-auto-on? I suggest having the subwoofer set to on only when you are using it and turn off the rest of the time.
Also, you may be able to raise the level of signal sent from your receiver to the subwoofer. With the higher level, the auto-sense circuit may work.
You could also replace the subwoofer cable and see if that helps.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 AM

I too am having a similar issue where this same woofer sometimes will not turn on. the only way to get it on now is to nudge the audio cable leading to the woofer.

At times mine would turn off also.

I will try to increase the signal from teh receiver to the woofer and report back on what that does.

Thank you to wwinkler that posted that tip.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 06:07 PM

I had the same problem. I noticed it turning off on loud parts of my music and then turning back on again. I got worse pretty quickly until it didn't turn blue at all. I left it off for awhile, changed outlets.. nothing. Then I turned the auto power switch to "on" instead of "auto" and the blue light came right back and steady.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page