Official JTR Orbit Shifter Subwoofer Thread - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes
post #1351 of 1352 Unread Today, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
@yosh7 ....now that you've sold your subM's....did you end up getting dual OS's?
Man, it was close! I had emailed and called Jeff and he completely lived up to his excellent reputation. I had a list of questions and concerns and he addressed them very patiently. It ultimately came down to aesthetics and also the worry and conquest of missing out on <20HZ material.

I ended up going with three custom dual opposed 18" sealed subs (6 total 18" drivers) that are being made by Jeremy with Reaction Audio. I am hoping they give me the output above 20HZ (the nice tactile chest thump) along with the ULF that I just didn't want to give up on. I realize that Cap S2's were also an option and they too were on my short list of: 1. Orbit shifter lfu's 2. Custom Reaction Audio dual opposed sealed 3. Cap S2 4. DIY. 5. Waiting for the Submersive XL's to become a reality. Being very familiar with the sound of the sealed, dual opposed design of the SubM's that I sold, I felt it was a logical evolution to go with a similar design with larger drivers, more drivers, and more output.

Thanks to all of the advice of the JTR experts on this thread!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1352 Unread Today, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Congrats on your purchase. I actually came across this while looking in the reaction audio sub thread.

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Jtr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page