Official JTR Orbit Shifter Subwoofer Thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 197Likes

post #1621 of 1628 Old 04-01-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Anyone know if I an use my Orbit Shifter's built in amp to power another slave subwoofer? I noticed that it has an 'out'. Not sure if it's a powered out or just a signal out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1628 Old 04-01-2016, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
Anyone know if I an use my Orbit Shifter's built in amp to power another slave subwoofer? I noticed that it has an 'out'. Not sure if it's a powered out or just a signal out.

You can't hook up additional subwoofers to it. The driver and amplifier have been very carefully optimized to each other.
post #1623 of 1628 Old 04-01-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
You can't hook up additional subwoofers to it. The driver and amplifier have been very carefully optimized to each other.
Thanks Jeff. Noted! And makes sense.
post #1624 of 1628 Old 04-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I purchased two OS LFs from a fellow forum member a few months ago. I have not yet even hooked them up as my room (dedicated 3000 cubic feet - 100% movies - subs will be near field co-located) is still being constructed. I doubt that I will even run them more than 20% of their ability as my theater shares a wall with my kitchen and we also have young kids.

I have been giving the matter some thought and maybe I should trade output for extension and just go with one JTR S2. Has anyone gone from OS to an S2 and, if so, what was your opinion of the change? Smart move? Lateral move so not worth it? Anything else?

Thanks for any opinions or experiences.
post #1625 of 1628 Old 04-09-2016, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecraze View Post
I purchased two OS LFs from a fellow forum member a few months ago. I have not yet even hooked them up as my room (dedicated 3000 cubic feet - 100% movies - subs will be near field co-located) is still being constructed. I doubt that I will even run them more than 20% of their ability as my theater shares a wall with my kitchen and we also have young kids.

I have been giving the matter some thought and maybe I should trade output for extension and just go with one JTR S2. Has anyone gone from OS to an S2 and, if so, what was your opinion of the change? Smart move? Lateral move so not worth it? Anything else?

Thanks for any opinions or experiences.
Just wait until you fire those things up for the first time...
post #1626 of 1628 Old 04-10-2016, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Orbit Shifter or Cap S2 demo NJ

I would like to know if there was anybody local to me that would be willing to let me demo an Orbit Shifter. Duals would be nice but I'm not pushing my luck. The captivator S2 is also on short list. I think I have my mind made up on the orbit shifter but If the Cap S2 did for me I would love to have that low end. I am in Central NJ Belmar to be exact. I work in Philadelphia. Wouldn't mind traveling to NY or eastern PA. Thanks
post #1627 of 1628 Old 04-22-2016, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Another forum member gave me an awsome demo of dual S2's they were impressive but ultimatly i couldnt pass up the OS LFU. There's just something about owning one of if not the most powerful sub money can buy. I am a basshead to the core. Question is when will be ordering the second one?
Jeff Permanian and DotJun like this.
post #1628 of 1628 Old 08-19-2016, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Talking Jeff Permanian

Jeff is a prince, an absolute Prince, I bought an OS from a forum member who bought it from another forum member who bought it from JTR. Right after I hooked up the OS the Prot red light began flashing 4 times then repeating the 4 blink series. I called Speaker Power to find out what the 4 flashes meant and was told I would have to send it in. I called JTR and Jeff picked up the phone, what a treat, seriously, how often do you call the factory and the Man picks up the phone. Jeff said send it to SP, I did, SP fixed it and JTR picked up the tab, including return shipping to me, very impressed. Oh, and by the way, the OS is awesome, very impressed. Life is good with really good base.
chucky7, carp, fatsow and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Jtr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page