Official JTR Orbit Shifter Subwoofer Thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 212Likes

post #1651 of 1653 Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1516
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
In hind sight I think it was something faulty according to Jeff the Orbit Shifter LFU is designed not to be able be over driven so that should not have happened. In all fairness I was testing it's limits as well so who really knows. I just know Jeff took care of it and I am back in action and have had no issues since. I don't wish the job of changing that driver on anyone. I'm a big guy and that driver is monstrous. Took me the better part of a day and busted knuckle to get in there and screw holes lined up.
Zip ties. You're welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1653 Old 02-19-2017, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Cool, can't wait to hear your impressions.

BTW, I sold mine to a friend who has Wilson ($$$$$) speakers so they appeal to more than just SPL drag racers.
Well, I bought them from the guy you sold them to. I own a single LFU and wanted to try duals and picked up dual LF's. We installed them Friday. Quick calibration by desertdome Saturday morning and then had about 50 people go through the theater for the KC Theater Crawl.

Lots of compliments on the subs. The tour featured some of the most powerful systems around. Still I had countless people tell the the Orbit Shifters were their favorite of the day.

Some quotes from the day.

"I have never experienced bass as tight as what these subs produced". (I heard this over and over all day long)

"What kind of transducers do you have running?" (Well, I don't own any transducers. So this is a testament to the tactile feel.)

I think we can play with placement and tweak some things. I may want to try flipping them so the horn faces the wall.

I could sell the LF's and buy another LFU. But, I might end up selling the LFU and keeping the dual LF's. The LFU is an improved design but I'm not sure I could tell the difference.
cannga, RMK! and Jimichanga like this.
post #1653 of 1653 Old 02-19-2017, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1698 Post(s)
Liked: 1630
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtrucking View Post
Wow, Jeff delivered em? That's pretty cool. You live really close to him or something, how'd that work out?
Jeff is a real road warrior. He drove them from Chicago to my California home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post
Well, I bought them from the guy you sold them to. I own a single LFU and wanted to try duals and picked up dual LF's. We installed them Friday. Quick calibration by desertdome Saturday morning and then had about 50 people go through the theater for the KC Theater Crawl.

Lots of compliments on the subs. The tour featured some of the most powerful systems around. Still I had countless people tell the the Orbit Shifters were their favorite of the day.

Some quotes from the day.

"I have never experienced bass as tight as what these subs produced". (I heard this over and over all day long)

"What kind of transducers do you have running?" (Well, I don't own any transducers. So this is a testament to the tactile feel.)

I think we can play with placement and tweak some things. I may want to try flipping them so the horn faces the wall.

I could sell the LF's and buy another LFU. But, I might end up selling the LFU and keeping the dual LF's. The LFU is an improved design but I'm not sure I could tell the difference.
That's cool, I'm glad they ended up with someone who appreciates what great subs they are. Still my favorite in terms of sound quality and they can rock your world with output.

Sorry I missed the KC meetup. Would have been fun to see some of the fellas who's names I know but have never met you included Grant.

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Jtr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page