Official JTR Orbit Shifter Subwoofer Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official JTR Orbit Shifter Subwoofer Thread
allredp's Avatar allredp 11:20 AM 08-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

They are all that. I thought my dual Captivators and dual Danley TH-SPUDS was the ultimate bass experience but the OS's take it to another level.

I watched Kick Ass last night and the OS's definitely Kicked Ass. Demo quality DTS HD/MA 7.1 audio and a fun rental.

Hey RMK - just trying to remember if you are also a music guy. How do the OS's hang with music? That's one area that has blown my mind with Seaton's sealed SubM. Thanks...

RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 11:32 AM 08-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by allredp View Post

Hey RMK - just trying to remember if you are also a music guy. How do the OS's hang with music? That's one area that has blown my mind with Seaton's sealed SubM. Thanks...

They are as good as I have heard for both HT and music. The Orbit Shifter renders the most realistic kick drum I have ever heard. Of course, your Submersive excels in both as well.
allredp's Avatar allredp 12:35 PM 08-09-2010
Quote:

They are as good as I have heard for both HT and music. The Orbit Shifter renders the most realistic kick drum I have ever heard. Of course, your Submersive excels in both as well.

Thanks RMK - I do love my SubMersive - but am thrilled you've found your ultimate setup! Sometime I'd like to get out your way and enjoy your amazing system.

At some point I'm thinking I'd like to ditch my name-brand L/C/R and get Seaton or JTR active speakers. That's some $$, however, and I know the market for mine is too low currently. One day...

Enjoy in the meantime and thanks for sharing.
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 12:46 PM 08-09-2010
Thanks and if you ever get to Northern California let me know and we'll let the OS's give you a pummeling.

I'm sure there are better sounding systems out there (Fugueness's all Seaton system sounds amazing) but I am very happy with the audio and video now. For the first time in years I have no desire to upgrade anything. Guess it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allredp View Post

Thanks RMK - I do love my SubMersive - but am thrilled you've found your ultimate setup! Sometime I'd like to get out your way and enjoy your amazing system.

At some point I'm thinking I'd like to ditch my name-brand L/C/R and get Seaton or JTR active speakers. That's some $$, however, and I know the market for mine is too low currently. One day...

Enjoy in the meantime and thanks for sharing.

allredp's Avatar allredp 01:09 PM 08-09-2010
Quote:

Thanks,

I'm sure there are better sounding systems out there (Fugueness's all Seaton system sounds amazing) but I am very happy with the audio and video now. For the first time in years, I have no desire to upgrade anything. Guess it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Well-earned, I'd say! It has been fun following along your odyssey. Thanks for the insights and advice along the way.

Fun to hear Fugueness's system rocks - I would have guessed with that outfit! I'm sure yours is insane as well. I'd love to hear/feel what those OS's put out! Enjoy...
bodhisafa's Avatar bodhisafa 06:04 PM 08-10-2010
Has the stack of four orbit shifters been shipped or are they still undergoing testing?
Jeff Permanian's Avatar Jeff Permanian 11:19 PM 08-10-2010
Finishing up final tweaks to the amplifier's DSP. All Orbit Shifters should ship tomorrow. I'll email everyone tracking numbers. Thanks.
Jeff Permanian's Avatar Jeff Permanian 12:25 AM 08-12-2010
Got the response to +/-1db from 25-110hz outdoors, half space.

Orbit Shifters are ready to ship and a truck is scheduled to pick them up.

fight4yu's Avatar fight4yu 01:40 AM 08-12-2010
and this is 100dB +/-1 from 25-110Hz outdoor...
and from the graph, that's still about 90dB at 12Hz??
Man...if my room can just handle the size...
Fantastic!! Jeff.. now please make a smaller version so more of us can buy more...
Tom Bley's Avatar Tom Bley 06:11 AM 08-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

and this is 100dB +/-1 from 25-110Hz outdoor...
and from the graph, that's still about 90dB at 12Hz??
Man...if my room can just handle the size...
Fantastic!! Jeff.. now please make a smaller version so more of us can buy more...

If you want smaller go with the Growler Duo.

Nice job, Jeff. I love the efficiency of these horn loaded subs.
fight4yu's Avatar fight4yu 10:25 AM 08-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post

If you want smaller go with the Growler Duo.

Nice job, Jeff. I love the efficiency of these horn loaded subs.

Yeah, almost forget about the Growler Duo
fight4yu's Avatar fight4yu 10:25 AM 08-12-2010
Jeff, any chance you post some graph for the growler Duo for us to compare?
Tom Bley's Avatar Tom Bley 11:09 AM 08-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Jeff, any chance you post some graph for the growler Duo for us to compare?

In the low tune mode.
bodhisafa's Avatar bodhisafa 09:06 PM 08-12-2010
Jeff, thanks for the pictures and graph.

You mention on top of the graph the measurement was taken outdoors, so in a room those numbers would be higher to a certain extend keeping in mind room interaction, is this correct?

I see you usually post early in the morning, thank you for all your hard work.
vraxoin's Avatar vraxoin 10:51 PM 08-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisafa View Post

You mention on top of the graph the measurement was taken outdoors, so in a room those numbers would be higher to a certain extend keeping in mind room interaction, is this correct?

Exactly. With room lift, the response should essentially be flat to 20Hz with very significant output down to around the 10Hz range. As stated on the first page:

Quote:

Output Capablility: (calculated from 4000w, not 7200w peak)

133db average above 25hz, outdoors, ground plane, 1 meter

120db at 20hz, outdoors, ground plane, 1 meter

103db at 10hz, outdoors, ground plane, 1 meter

145db average above 25hz, eighth space (corner loaded), 1 meter

132db at 20hz, outdoors, eighth space (corner loaded), 1 meter

115db at 10hz, outdoors, eighth space (corner loaded), 1 meter

In room numbers will be even higher than the eighth space (corner loaded) calculations.

Jeff Permanian's Avatar Jeff Permanian 02:39 PM 08-13-2010
Monday, Monday, Monday.

So, the first of the Orbit Shifters will make it to their distinations monday.

hehehehehehehehe

I'll take some comparison measurements and post them next week.
Jeff Permanian's Avatar Jeff Permanian 02:47 PM 08-13-2010
Looks like in RMK's room, that room gain started around 22hz. This will vary from room to room depending on volume, dimensions, structure and seal.

RMK's room (unknown level)-

Outdoors-

bodhisafa's Avatar bodhisafa 08:29 AM 08-14-2010
Jeff,

When you have some time this weekend could you post some general guidelines on how to place these in a room.

Mouth facing wall? How Far?
Mout facing listening position?
Placing in a corner?

You know some do's and donts
fight4yu's Avatar fight4yu 03:25 AM 08-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post

Looks like in RMK's room, that room gain started around 22hz. This will vary from room to room depending on volume, dimensions, structure and seal.

RMK's room (unknown level)-

Outdoors-

RMK room response is pretty flat all the way down to 10Hz, but Jeff graph shows the slope at around 18Hz.. Is this all the room dependencies that makes RMK graph so flat to 10Hz? Can I expect mine to behave like this?
bodhisafa's Avatar bodhisafa 01:51 PM 08-15-2010
Are there any extra cables or adapters needed to connect the orbit shifter to the an a/v receiver
vraxoin's Avatar vraxoin 02:14 PM 08-15-2010
Quote:

Are there any extra cables or adapters needed to connect the orbit shifter to the an a/v receiver

Unless your receiver has a balanced XLR subwoofer out, which is doubtful, I'd get something like THIS for a nice clean connection.
kmenon's Avatar kmenon 06:26 PM 08-16-2010
Okay it is Monday and no OS spoke with ups and they had wrong phone number so could not contact me.

Wife took they day off, now she is mad guess few more days of OS blues
haskin1234's Avatar haskin1234 06:56 PM 08-16-2010
Mine should be here Wed. My wife has apt in the morning then shoud be home until i get there.
bodhisafa's Avatar bodhisafa 09:20 PM 08-16-2010
Well.....

Good news....my Orbit Shifter came in today

Bad news....It just came with a power cord

I need a XLR male to RCA male cable as mentioned above^^^^^correct?

Its huge, and weighs as much as a fat hyena!

Pisctures and review coming as soon as everything is dialed in

Seriously it looks sick, thanks Jeff
vraxoin's Avatar vraxoin 09:27 PM 08-16-2010
Quote:

I need a XLR male to RCA male cable as mentioned above^^^^^correct?

That's it. Choose your length and order NOW! Tell them it's urgent and to beam it to you.
haskin1234's Avatar haskin1234 06:27 PM 08-17-2010
Well, UPS couldn't deliver my OS tomorrow...... so they are delivering it today....
Just sitting here waiting for the delivery truck to pull up. I have everything I need to here some OS bass tonight.
vraxoin's Avatar vraxoin 06:39 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by haskin1234 View Post

Well, UPS couldn't deliver my OS tomorrow...... so they are delivering it today....
Just sitting here waiting for the delivery truck to pull up. I have everything I need to here some OS bass tonight.

Bucket of drywall patching compound?
allredp's Avatar allredp 06:53 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:

How close are you to the fault?!?!

Looking forward to your report! Enjoy...
haskin1234's Avatar haskin1234 09:50 PM 08-17-2010
OK, still haven't found the right place for it yet.......is it big? YES is it huge? YES YES!! How does it sound? Awesome, still allot of tweaking and moving to do. It is so big that it wouldn't fit in the place I had hoped to put it. How does it compare to the Danley spuds? well, I have no room treatments yet but I can bottom out the Spuds on Flight of The Phoenix where the plane spins and the OS just keeps on cruising along. Major tweaking to do on Thursday and I am sorry to say I have no equipment to do graphs to post for you.
Duffinator's Avatar Duffinator 09:52 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:

OK, still haven't found the right place for it yet.......is it big? YES is it huge? YES YES!! How does it sound? Awesome, still allot of tweaking and moving to do. It is so big that it wouldn't fit in the place I had hoped to put it. How does it compare to the Danley spuds? well, I have no room treatments yet but I can bottom out the Spuds on Flight of The Phoenix where the plane spins and the OS just keeps on cruising along. Major tweaking to do on Thursday and I am sorry to say I have no equipment to do graphs to post for you.

We need photos.
Tags: Jtr
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop