NEW MFW-15 amps (May 2010) *pics* - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2611 of 2621 Old 07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My MFW-15 just started the hum, I don't really have the money to sink into a new amp so if anyone in the Detroit area has any interest in this sub, just make an offer.

Thanks
Merlin803 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2612 of 2621 Old 07-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
murrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
My MFW-15 just started the hum, I don't really have the money to sink into a new amp so if anyone in the Detroit area has any interest in this sub, just make an offer.

Thanks
No new amps are available for the MFW15. I have not had them in almost two years now. You can find the "Hum Fix" a few pages back in this thread it is very easy and inexpensive to do. Less than ten dollars in parts and usually less than fifty dollars even if someone else does the soldering! No need to sell or get rid of your sub.

Murrel J Gray
 

murrel is offline  
post #2613 of 2621 Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
sandbagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Merlin

I can solder in the caps for you and we can give that a try if you want, I am on the west side of detroit. I will have to check but I should have them in stock.

Plus you can hear what the Turbo can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
My MFW-15 just started the hum, I don't really have the money to sink into a new amp so if anyone in the Detroit area has any interest in this sub, just make an offer.

Thanks
murrel likes this.

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Onix and Melody Valve Hi Fi Audio Dealer serving the Midwest and Canada
sandbagger is offline  
post #2614 of 2621 Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
Merlin

I can solder in the caps for you and we can give that a try if you want, I am on the west side of detroit. I will have to check but I should have them in stock.

Plus you can hear what the Turbo can do
Hey, if you think that you could solder the caps for me and it would salvage the sub then just let me know what you need from me. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Dayton Audio SUB-1500 but if the fix wouldn't cost much then I could hold off.

(I could just imagine what the Turbo could do...)

Thanks

Last edited by Merlin803; 07-03-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Merlin803 is offline  
post #2615 of 2621 Old 07-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
sandbagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
Hey, if you think that you could solder the caps for me and it would salvage the sub then just let me know what you need from me. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Dayton Audio SUB-1500 but if the fix wouldn't cost much then I could hold off.

(I could just imagine what the Turbo could do...)

Thanks

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Onix and Melody Valve Hi Fi Audio Dealer serving the Midwest and Canada
sandbagger is offline  
post #2616 of 2621 Old 07-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
PM sent
She is back up and running, thanks for replacing the caps Kevin!
sandbagger, nube and murrel like this.
Merlin803 is offline  
post #2617 of 2621 Old 07-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
sandbagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Glad I could help and it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
She is back up and running, thanks for replacing the caps Kevin!
Chu Gai and nube like this.

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Onix and Melody Valve Hi Fi Audio Dealer serving the Midwest and Canada
sandbagger is offline  
post #2618 of 2621 Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mak99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: seattle/renton, wa
Posts: 1,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^^ awesome, Kevin!

I'm still enjoying my 3+ year-old v1 Turbo. Watched "World War Z" this past weekend, and some of the LFE was absolutely ridiculous...to the point where I was worried about my house structure... If you're ever traveling in the Seattle area, you'll have to come by for some local brews and media room demo's...
sandbagger and blake18 like this.

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
mak99 is online now  
post #2619 of 2621 Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Member
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Kansas
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just want to send a really big THANK YOU for the info to fix the hum on this sub. One of my two started humming out of the blue last week and I really didn't want to buy a new sub right now. It was actually by chance that I found this thread. I received the recommended parts today and the sub is back up and running. Already watched a movie on it (The Lego Movie ). I also bought extra parts in case the other one decides it wants to go bad.

Thank you again!!!
Anubis is offline  
post #2620 of 2621 Old Today, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
blake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post
^^ awesome, Kevin!

I'm still enjoying my 3+ year-old v1 Turbo. Watched "World War Z" this past weekend, and some of the LFE was absolutely ridiculous...to the point where I was worried about my house structure... If you're ever traveling in the Seattle area, you'll have to come by for some local brews and media room demo's...
I'm in the Seattle area. I have two MFW-15's that I am looking to Turbo upgrade this summer. I'd LOVE to come by to hear yours.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
blake18 is offline  
post #2621 of 2621 Old Today, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mak99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: seattle/renton, wa
Posts: 1,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
I'm in the Seattle area. I have two MFW-15's that I am looking to Turbo upgrade this summer. I'd LOVE to come by to hear yours.
We could probably figure something out...glad to host a fellow AVS'er!

Though from some of your recent postings here and here, it made it sound like you already had a Turbo kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
The Turbo kit would have any of those options for lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
Go with the Turbo, all the way. It will stomp the PSA. I do believe the Turbo upgrade is back in stock now.

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
mak99 is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Amplifier Speaker

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off