NEW MFW-15 amps (May 2010) *pics* - Page 91 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #2701 of 2705 Unread 01-11-2015, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
NO!

I think they were last sold new in 2012. Search this thread and you will find out the exact date.

1) There are no V3 amps
2) No other plate amp will fit in the subs amp cutout.

That's why some of us are trying out pro audio amps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2705 Unread 01-13-2015, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceblrc View Post
NO!

I think they were last sold new in 2012. Search this thread and you will find out the exact date.

1) There are no V3 amps
2) No other plate amp will fit in the subs amp cutout.

That's why some of us are trying out pro audio amps.
lol, i figured as much, just checking - thanks. good luck with your mod!
post #2703 of 2705 Unread 01-14-2015, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am looking to fix up a MFW-15 subwoofer that has a dead amp. I would like the sub box to be in good shape and the driver to be working. I am planning to use a pro audio amp to run it.

I assume at this point everyone who bought these subs and has a dead amplifier has either spend time and money trying to fix it or has given up and the sub has been collecting dust for a long time.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and I would need to pick it up locally. Shipping this sub would be too costly for a non-working sub.

Obviously I don't want to pay a lot for a dead sub. I am looking for someone who is wanting to get rid of it. Based on these forums there are lots of people with these dead subs. Watching movies without bass sucks!
If you haven't fixed it yet you are probably never going to. So, just get a buy a new or used sub and enjoy watching movies again So I then can have your old sub

Last edited by juiceblrc; 01-14-2015 at 11:50 AM.
post #2704 of 2705 Unread 01-16-2015, 08:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceblrc View Post
I am looking to fix up a MFW-15 subwoofer that has a dead amp. I would like the sub box to be in good shape and the driver to be working. I am planning to use a pro audio amp to run it.

I assume at this point everyone who bought these subs and has a dead amplifier has either spend time and money trying to fix it or has given up and the sub has been collecting dust for a long time.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and I would need to pick it up locally. Shipping this sub would be too costly for a non-working sub.

Obviously I don't want to pay a lot for a dead sub. I am looking for someone who is wanting to get rid of it. Based on these forums there are lots of people with these dead subs. Watching movies without bass sucks!
If you haven't fixed it yet you are probably never going to. So, just get a buy a new or used sub and enjoy watching movies again So I then can have your old sub
Lol! I've another MFW-15 in working condition (don't know for how long!) so I'm not buying yet. I'm in houston, so it will be a long drive for you
post #2705 of 2705 Unread Today, 04:52 PM

Liked: 14
Question

Has anyone been successful setting up a Behringer iNuke NU1000DSP with these AV123 MFW-15 sub woofers?

I did a decent hack job on the amp plate, removed most of the old amp guts, installed a Speakon connector, connected it to the driver lead, etc. I have two AV123 MFW-15 sub's I refuse to let die - lol.

Current connection flow:

PC Asus Phoebus Xonar Sound card via optical > Yamaha RX-V567BL > LFE RCA cable > Talent Unbalanced/Balanced Converter > XLR Cables > Behringer iNuke NU1000DSP > Speakon Cables > AV123 MFW-15 Sub's

So, with the external amp hooked up, I am getting decent thump from them, but I know they should be able to do better.

I was just checking to see if anyone has had any better settings or suggestions based on what I am uploading. I know of course it probably would take a calibration mic to get them really dialed in, but thats not in the budget at this time, so I have to make due until I add that to my arsenal of tools. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Amplifier Speaker