NEW MFW-15 amps (May 2010) *pics* - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #2731 of 2733 Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaniac View Post
Ok, finally got a chance to work on this and of course I'm having a problem on a relatively easy procedure. Can someone tell me how to take the big clips off the board? I got the two small clips easily but I can't seem to get the two bigger clips to cooperate. Also, I'm assuming the board should be removed from the panel correct? Any other tips would be appreciated as I'm a novice for the most part at this.

I used a third hand to hold the board vertically. I melted the solder and used a solder sucker to get what I could on both legs, then would melt one side and carefully pull one out as far as it would go, then go to the other leg, until it was out. Used the same method for replacing the cap...long leg first, then short...back and forth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2733 Old 06-20-2016, 08:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Glad to see this thread still breathing some life! I'm still enjoying my v1 Turbo Kit that I got back in Mar 2011. My friends are constantly amazed at how much their seats vibrate during some good LFE scenes. This past weekend saw a double-feature of Deadpool and Pacific Rim...yep, the house was definitely rockin'!

Kevin, I might have to peruse the Seaton website about adding a second MFW to my system...
sandbagger likes this.

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #2733 of 2733 Old Today, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Friday we finally got my Theater back up and running. I upgraded both of my MFW-15's using Mark Seaton's kits.

I am blown away. even at very low volumes you feel the rumble. I am still working out how to use REW to measure my room but I am very confident that I have lows well below 20hz.

The subs are also very musical. When I did the upgrades I plugged an ipod into them to make sure they were working and you could hear decent rhythm.

At about $800 each including shipping this was one of the best values of my room upgrades. Mark claimed a 50% increase (as I recall) in performance. I won't lie, I was skeptical. You can believe it. I think the performance upgrade is closer to 100%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Amplifier Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page