Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I got a Canton AS-85 SC powered sub.

I was gaming on my HTPC the other night. All of a sudden a really loud rumble starts. First thought was earthquake, then I hit the power switch on my loudspeaker really quick because the sound was REALLY loud. No change. I realize it's my subwoofer acting up, so I run over and rip out the signal cable, no change still! I finally hit the power switch on the thing and it goes silent.

As soon as I turn it back on, it starts rumbling and goes really loud really fast again. What happened? Did it break just like that? I wasn't even stressing it. And what's the sound? Is it electricity I listen to or what?!

This sucks, it's only 1,5 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Bah, I just can't figure this out!

Today, just now, I plugged the signal cable back in and put the subwoofer on Auto-low (turns on when receiving signal) and it starts playing somewhat normal. But not quite. Everything I play has way too much bass. No matter what settings I change it doesn't seem to help. I got the volume turned all the way down, and it's still way too loud.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortex View Post

Bah, I just can't figure this out!

Today, just now, I plugged the signal cable back in and put the subwoofer on Auto-low (turns on when receiving signal) and it starts playing somewhat normal. But not quite. Everything I play has way too much bass. No matter what settings I change it doesn't seem to help. I got the volume turned all the way down, and it's still way too loud.

Hi,

I got the same problem, mine plays by itself too, quite anoying, did you found any way to fix it?

/Manu.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page