Official Paradigm Seismic 110 thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 94 Old 12-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidingGod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtam2005 View Post
I'm trying to determine if I should just get a 110 or pony up for the Sub 1. Since the Sub 1 is so much more expensive, wondering if I should just go for the Seismic 110.
I'm saving up for a second 110 at some point. Love the one I have, both with music n movies. Like the idea of having two subs for better room response but also if one develops a fault at some point, for whatever reason, I would still be in business while its gone for repair.

I think a new SUB1 would cost about 3 or 4 times the price of a 110, no? I'd go for the 110
That's great you like your 110. What size is your room and what other speakers do you have? How do you plan to implement the other 110?

I'm torn on 2 110s vs 1 Sub 1. The Prestige subs seem overpriced as the specs are just marginally better than a 110 (150 W more amp and 2 Hz lower). I suspect the Seismic is more musical. I can get 2 110s for the price of a Prestige. The Sub 1 is a different animal, but you get what you pay for. If I spring for that, I would never justify another sub, that would be it.

With the seismic, I'd get 2, just struggling on how to set it up. PBK will optimize each sub for 'perfect' bass response assuming that is the only sub playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 12-02-2015, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
That's great you like your 110. What size is your room and what other speakers do you have? How do you plan to implement the other 110?

I'm torn on 2 110s vs 1 Sub 1. The Prestige subs seem overpriced as the specs are just marginally better than a 110 (150 W more amp and 2 Hz lower). I suspect the Seismic is more musical. I can get 2 110s for the price of a Prestige. The Sub 1 is a different animal, but you get what you pay for. If I spring for that, I would never justify another sub, that would be it.

With the seismic, I'd get 2, just struggling on how to set it up. PBK will optimize each sub for 'perfect' bass response assuming that is the only sub playing.
To be perfectly honest, I had thought that when I'd saved enough for a second one, I'd shoot an email to Paradigm and/or ask in the Paradigm forum here about PBK'ing two subs.

Wouldn't it be as simple as just running PBK on each sub, then setting crossover in AVR and running your AVR's EQ software? The PBK description says it can be used on upto 4 subs if needed.

Re the Prestige subs, they look decent enough, they have larger drivers and good reviews. And if you go with SUB1 you probably wouldn't need another sub anyway. If you can get a dealer/distributor discount on that, go for that and run PBK on it. Then sit back and enjoy.

My room size is about 18x15 ft or 2700-2800 cu.ft
post #93 of 94 Old 12-03-2015, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidingGod View Post
Quote:

To be perfectly honest, I had thought that when I'd saved enough for a second one, I'd shoot an email to Paradigm and/or ask in the Paradigm forum here about PBK'ing two subs.

Wouldn't it be as simple as just running PBK on each sub, then setting crossover in AVR and running your AVR's EQ software? The PBK description says it can be used on upto 4 subs if needed.

Re the Prestige subs, they look decent enough, they have larger drivers and good reviews. And if you go with SUB1 you probably wouldn't need another sub anyway. If you can get a dealer/distributor discount on that, go for that and run PBK on it. Then sit back and enjoy.

My room size is about 18x15 ft or 2700-2800 cu.ft
My room size is about the same. How did you find that 1 Seismic 110 works for that room? I'm sure it's fine for music. How is it for movies? Are your other speakers Paradigm?
post #94 of 94 Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
My room size is about the same. How did you find that 1 Seismic 110 works for that room? I'm sure it's fine for music. How is it for movies? Are your other speakers Paradigm?
My other speakers are Dali's...doesn't really matter which speakers are used, once the sub is properly dialed in.

Yea, with music it's pretty great. With movies as well, I feel the rumble and thumping in the chest. Its quite powerful for its little size. My seat is about 8ft from the front speakers and sub and the word I'd use to describe movie performance is 'satisfying'. I've heard deeper, more powerful subs before which were huge in size, and this isn't going to pressurize a large room like those but it does a fantastic job anyway.

Have you had a chance to audition it with some music/films you like? That would be best, if you could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page