Lava subs - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice! Glad things are going great for you. Appreciate the update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 04:04 PM

Forgot to add last night: it's the perfect size, my wife said it was too big, but was not upset enough to ask to have it returned wink.gif.

Warranty -- I just talked to Dawn at Lava (she answered the phone Lava Subs), she said they were reconfiguring, not out of business or going BK. She said they are backing warranties on all Lava subs bought through authorized resellers and, of course, their own website. She said, I have to have to Ebay seller substantiate the warranty (that they are in fact an authorized dealer) to have a valid warranty, but in any event to call them if I have any issues and she'd do her best to help.

I queried the Ebay reseller about the warranty, will report back after they respond.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Curious about this "authorized reseller" thing because I thought they were only available from Lava before this.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:10 PM

I don't want to cast aspersions, the eBay reseller was on the spot, the sub works, and Dawn was very pleasant, but there is a serious lack of transparency going on, enough so that I think my original assumption of warranty risk and lack of replacement parts down the road is more than likely correct. If you look at the Truaudio website the subs are there with different product numbers and markings on the woofer, although it looks photoshopped. The true story??????? Honestly, I'm more interested in this as a business case than salvaging a warranty.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I'm almost positive it is Lava selling them on eBay themselves. No one else would have a large stock of brand new Lava subs. I don't know why they don't just say so. For the price, the warranty wouldn't be a huge factor if I was looking to buy one of these.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post

I'm almost positive it is Lava selling them on eBay themselves. No one else would have a large stock of brand new Lava subs. I don't know why they don't just say so. For the price, the warranty wouldn't be a huge factor if I was looking to buy one of these.

Perhaps they sold the Lava sub and their company to TruAudio. Or perhaps they no longer own the license (if TruAudio had it first) to distribute the sub underneath the Lava company name.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 AM

I ended up just getting a Dayton 1200. I'm probably missing out on better sound and at $139 shipped to your door, it's hard to go wrong. I just couldn't afford to go wrong, even at $139!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:54 PM

I'd guess the Dayton does not lag far behind if at all based on reviews.

The seller sent an invoice that is supposed to make the warranty good, I'm happy.

Now it's time to start saving for a quality sealed sub for the upstairs two channel system.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:51 PM

I received my LSP-12 last week and was able to get it set up and tuned with Audyssey over the weekend. This is the second LSP-12 for my setup.

I have them both positioned at the front of the room, equal distance on each side of my TV. I would have placed them opposite of each other in the room but my receiver (Denon AVR-2112CI) only has Audyssey MultEQ XT and therefore cannot tune two subs independently. So, it was therefore necessary to have them setup as I do in order for this version of Audyssey to do the best it can with them.

I haven't experimented too much yet with differing source material but just from some basic Netflix watching, it's already quite evident that the output is increased. Also, I often sit in my recliner in one corner of the room and from this spot (not at all directly in front of the TV), the sound is a LOT better. Smoother is the best word for it.

I started with one LSP-12 back during their first $170 sale (November 2013, iirc) and it was a step up from the Dayton SUB-1200. I was excited to add the second LSP-12 and I have no regrets so far and don't expect any either. I have a large open room and this is the first time that I've actually had enough bass in my movie viewing that I wasn't disappointed. It's not movie theater quality by a long shot but it's a step in the right direction. For a total of $340, I'm very satisfied.

Thank you to everyone here that has given their input and offered advice. It pays to ask questions, research, and read other's reviews.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpoke View Post

I'd guess the Dayton does not lag far behind if at all based on reviews.

The seller sent an invoice that is supposed to make the warranty good, I'm happy.

Now it's time to start saving for a quality sealed sub for the upstairs two channel system.

Did you ever get an invoice from the seller for warranty purposes?

I ended up winning the 10" model for $79 and should receive it tomorrow.
How do you like your 12" model?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Lava support has lived up to the reports for me. I had a problem with my LSP-12, and Dawn had a new one shipped out before I knew it. Great company that I look forward to supporting.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 AM

I did get the invoice.

It's frustrating, I have not had much time with the sub...only two new tidbits: the boominess went way once I turned the preout trim down to plus two from the plus 15 I had set for the 8 inch Mirage yikes and Netflix and OTA HDTV are much more engrossing, I even watched a whole episode of Criminal Minds with the rest of the family when Id usually spend the time reading and listening to music.

Tags
Lava Subs , Lava Subs 8 Inch 100 Watt Home Theater Powered Subwoofer , Lava Subs 12 250 Watt Home Theater Powered Subwoofer