Sub: Order/ Build/Delivery - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know that in the end, if you decide upon a particular piece of audio equipment as optimal for your setup, you should not let the build to order through delivery gap influence your decision (i.e. if it takes two weeks or two months it really shouldn't matter.)

However, I think a lot of these manufacturers offer quality products with offerings at similar price points, so if all subs were listed as currently shipping and all things are equal I might be swayed to order the one I thought would arrive the quickest.

I'm looking at subs from HSU, Elemental Designs, Epik, SVS and Outlaw. Is there a general guideline as to which of these manufacturers get their products to the end user in the most efficient manner?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, Here is the thing, Its hard to compare the sub with the price of shipping to a sub that has shipping included. I ordered the eD a5-350 sheerly because after shipping the svs NSD's and the Hsu's prices were higher than the eD, even though the output on the eD well out did those 2. Now I did order on August 10th, but my product should be shipping early next week. The Outlaw is basically a Hsu rebranded, and EpiK was not available when I placed my order, looks like an impressive unit though, and looks like it would ship immideately. I also am a fan of big subs, I like the fact that the eD is the size of a side table and weighs over 100lbs, in my opinion thats what a sub should be!!!

Daniel

post #3 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3driver View Post

I also am a fan of big subs, I like the fact that the eD is the size of a side table and weighs over 100lbs, in my opinion thats what a sub should be!!!

EPIK EMPIRE:

120 LBS.

Makes a nice set of end tables

Delivery was fast, I drove over and picked them up.

Sec 42-30
It is unlawful to make any loud music, in a manner that the same is heard on the public streets or sidewalks to the annoyance of persons or cause a disturbance of the peace. Pfft- whatever!
post #4 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

I own a couple of eD subs, an A7-450 and A7-350...depends on what model you are looking for, but the wait can be 5-7 weeks. At times, the A7s-450 and A5-350 will be in stock and available for immediate delivery, but typical wait times are 5 - 6 weeks. At this price level, eD, Epik and TCA are all fine choices.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
Have 4 Empires and they ship next day.

Dual Submersive HP's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New HT Room -  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3driver View Post

Well, Here is the thing, Its hard to compare the sub with the price of shipping to a sub that has shipping included. I ordered the eD a5-350 sheerly because after shipping the svs NSD's and the Hsu's prices were higher than the eD, even though the output on the eD well out did those 2. Now I did order on August 10th, but my product should be shipping early next week. The Outlaw is basically a Hsu rebranded, and EpiK was not available when I placed my order, looks like an impressive unit though, and looks like it would ship immideately. I also am a fan of big subs, I like the fact that the eD is the size of a side table and weighs over 100lbs, in my opinion thats what a sub should be!!!

Outlaw subs ARE NOT REBRANDED Hsu's. Dr Hsu did the design for the Outlaw subs.

Dual Submersive HP's

New HT Room -  

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page