SSW-10 Infinity - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have an old SSW-10 subwoofer without the woofer. Could someone help me find a replacement woofer for it. I am clueless what to get.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Do you know whether the amplifier SSW-10 still works? If so, then you might consider another 10" driver.

You could contact Infinity about whether they sell a new driver or recommend a third-party driver. If Infinity (or someone else) could give you the Thiele/Small (T/S) parameters, then you might go to Parts Express (or some other reputable company) to find a 10" driver with very similar T/S parameters as a replacement.

The service manuals for JBL/Infinity subwoofers typically do not give the T/S parameters. They only give the recommended driver.

If this seems like too much of a hassle, then you might consider one of the 12" recommended subs in the ~$200 range such as BIC F12 or Premier Acoustic PA-120.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How to check if the amplifier still working? I used a volt-meter but it didn't detect anything.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
You could connect a speaker to the amp. You would also need a signal source (say from an Ipod or cd player connected into the rca input).

With just the signal source, your volt/ohm meter should give you some indication of output. If it does not, then it seems likely that the amp is dead.