Best way to checkout a used Sub before buying? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-18-2010, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the opportunity to pick up a used (3 years) Definitive Technology Super Cube Reference sub for about 50% off MSRP. I figure it could be a lot of low frequency sound for little money but of course I'm leery of buying used. I'm also afraid this may just be more sub than I need or want, though I do have a very sensitive ear and I'm currently missing out on the sub 30hz frequencies.

Any suggestions for the best way to sound test before purchase? I guess take a reference CD and DVD and play it. Of course I noticed the warranty on these is 5 years, 3 years for the amp though I would think it would be readily apparent if the amp had issues.

I don't actually need this large of a sub, but it's very tempting to pick one up for the cost of a new SC II. I don't have a sub now. I'm using a pair of Def Tech BP7004's for fronts and a ProCenter 2000. I've got the fronts wired with the LFE inputs and crossed over at 150hz in the Onkyo 808. The cross overs were calculated by Audyssey.

Anyone care to share some thoughts on whether this would be worth purchasing? Experience with Def Tech in repairs? Thoughts on testing prior to purchase?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page