Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixMan View Post

GD,

Thanks for posting this.

I rarely post here due to the ongoing arguments among adults.

I've been a member of this forum under another name (Lipoman) for a very long time and this forum was the first one I discovered when I started looking into getting something more decent than my Sony rack system.

Not to point my fingers at anyone in particular but I had personally witnessed such less than adult behaviors previously with other companies and it's not pretty at all.

I guess it's very easy to react once we saw something not to our liking and so we just let our fingers do the talking without thinking about our words could hurt others' feelings.

After all, this is supposed to be fun and it's not a matter of life or death so there is no need to get all upset.

Anyway, I got nothing but time today so I thought I chimed in a little.

Hope you won't mind Doc.

Thanks,

Not only I don't mind, but thanks. I just had to step back and reevaluate this whole situation. Sometimes tunnel vision creeps in and you don't even realize it.

This forum is what we make it. It isn't a fun, informative place if we don't put in an effort to make it that way. The past few weeks has taught me a lesson on decorum, and I'm as guilty as anyone. But I have decided to change how I react around here so I can return to enjoying the interactions on this forum. Sometimes a white flag is necessary to start the process. Hence my post.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 630 Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

wow this thread is still going on? Alright everyone....including OP, Craig and everyone who posted, my house on New Years Eve for a great party and "special made Brownies" plus beer...all free of course for a small donation.

I was going to stay clear of this thread, but you said the invite is for people who posted in this thread. Special made brownies for a nominal fee will make one do that.
post #603 of 630 Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

Were you the guy that sold me those Brownies that last Dead show I went to???
Well, if you were.......THANKS MAN!

It was reefer and a potpouri of psychadelics back when I used to go see the Dead.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #604 of 630 Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

It was reefer and a potpouri of psychadelics back when I used to go see the Dead.

Ah, those were the days...twirling barefoot deadhead chicks. I'll never forget waking up in a van with the bare feet of one of those twirling deadheads right at my nose.

I don't believe the memory of that odor will ever leave me.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
post #605 of 630 Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Maybe that's how Rex Ryan got his foot fetish.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #606 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Well since the other thread was locked and I had a whole post typed up... I think there's still quite a bit of clearing up to do with the current products and b-stock sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddelts View Post

My snobby brand name or die brother ... This is something the haters will not be able to comment on until they actually hear one for themselves.

Cool story bro. Here's another story, long story short:

Someone purchased a sub and when he got the sub noticed that the sub had:

•Cabinet scratches
•Discoloring of the finish
•Textured and non-textured areas
•Corners not built up
•Peaks and valleys on the cabinet
•All nail holes visible
•Feet didn’t fit flush to the cabinet
•Feet on both subs leaked air
•The center cap on one woofer was leaking air
•Washers holding in the woofer had spots cut-off
•T-nuts to hold on the feet should have been applied on the inside, not on the outside where a nudge will pull them out and potentially break the leg bolts off.

So disappointed at getting such a low quality product, he contacted the seller to get refunded, the seller refused to issue a refund for the 400$ of shipping until the buyer posted his experience on 'teh interwebs' and the pressure from the outburst of the AVS community forced him to issue a refund for the shipping. Also, he acknowledged that there was issues with his products, and claims were made that in 2011 there would be "some changes" and I don't know what.

Until 2011 comes, and that same seller issues a "Stimulus sale" to "clear inventory" where he will be selling all his current inventory as B-Stock, but all sales will be final and the in home trial will not apply, and absolutely NOTHING to warn any potential buyer at the poor condition of those products...

Do you not see the issue here? Was this not posted here, imagine you're looking for a sub, you find a good review, find nothing but praise on the CHT forum (because ironically the threads about issues were deleted by the mods there lol), and so orders a sub! But imagine the disappointment when the sub arrives, and you notice any or all of:

•Cabinet scratches
•Corners not built up
•All nail holes visible
•T-nuts to hold on the feet should have been applied on the inside, not on the outside where a nudge will pull them out and potentially break the leg bolts off.

And imagine if after contacting the seller, you're made aware that there's no refund and no home trials, that this sale was for a b-stock product and final... Seriously, what then? You're just screwed?

Now, at least the ridiculous "no refunds, sales are final" and all have been removed, because, let me guess, of this thread (well locked thread) right here maybe? Yet, there's still no warning about the possible pitiful/defective state of sold products... So the whole Josh issue could easily reoccur...

So this is the issue here. Performance of the sub is largely irrelevant to the issue raised by the original poster... Issue here is the state of said so 'A-stock' and 'B-Stock' items. There's still no mention of the defects deemed acceptable by the craig chase home theater/CHT. So by my estimation, any item you purchase as 'A-Stock' or 'B-stock', could be not anywhere near the quality of 'B-stock' items from other companies, and might include some or all of the following:

•Cabinet scratches
•Corners not built up
•All nail holes visible

So again, that's the issue... If some or all of those risk to appear on new purchased B-stock items, and refund will not be issued, then it should be stated clearly by the seller. Not to do so is misleading and deceitful. This is the issue...

So question like that, what's ok and what's not ok to receive from CHT, as A-Stock and B-stock? And if you receive something which you don't think is acceptable, what happens? You're out of shipping? Or you get a 2nd try and get a less-bad, free sub replacement from CHT? Or full refund plus shipping refunded?

Don't think we've ever gotten an answer on what's 'normal' on CHT products... People will say that they're all about performance, but are kinda industrious or I don't know what... So what should a buyer actually expect from an actual product, and what's covered by warranty for repairs/replacements/refunds? Just asking in case I decide to replace my sub or someone I know is looking for one...
post #607 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Unless they've changed it once again, Grandarf, the Stimulus Sale of product at B-Stock prices does allow the purchaser to return the product for full refund minus the s/h charges.

post #608 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Liked: 11
I would just like to know if this is standard business practice in the ID speaker/sub world??

http://www.chasehometheater.com/inde...d=87&Itemid=96

At our option, we will either (a) repair the hardware defect at no charge using new, refurbished or used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (b) exchange the defective Product with a Product that is new or refurbished that is equivalent to new in performance and reliability and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product or (c) refund the purchase price less the original shipping charge.

Chase HT may request that you replace defective parts with user-installable new or refurbished parts that Chase HT provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligations.

I mean - if I take my car in for repair under warranty to the dealer I would like a new part put in not used or refurbised parts

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Aldous Huxley
post #609 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM

I had one typed for the other thread too...
Anyway, here it goes again.

I have read all of these threads to do with CHT. I have to say a ton of good points were brought up. The performance of the products seems to be quite good, but at this point is really still subjective. I see the other side wanting some reviews, some reference. All these people jumping in here saying they are great is fine (after all, being happy is the final goal with any purchase), but what have you owned, or listened to at length for comparison? It's like the kid down the street who thinks his bird's nest welds are strong enough to go bogging with. Maybe, but he has no reference, I do. I say his welds are crap.
Some people are fine paying for this..

Others won't pay unless they can get this...

I guess I'm just confused by the tone most use on both sides of the debate. The guys with a calm demeanor seem to look at the issue objectively for what it is. A lower-quality product at a discounted rate.
Some are fine paying for a regular looking box...

Some want more...

A magazine review, or even somebody with JL subs that has decided to add or replace with CHT stuff,etc. Reference.
I had a close friend wh had a 15" sub built for him by a pro-audio guy. It rocked. It sounded to me, as good as some of the best subs I had heard at the time (Paradigm servo 15,pw 2200, polk 650, eathquake supernova,etc)
It had good slam, and sounded quite musical. It was quite large, sealed, and quite ugly. He said it didn't matter to him. Fair enough. he was single, living in his sister's basement. My wife saw it at a GTG at his place, and said it was the ugliest speaker she had seen. I knew then that I wold have to set aside some of my hard-earned money for aesthetics when buying audio stuff.
She was easy to sell on the mirage piano gloss topped subs. To each their own. Personal preference and WAF are going to vary huge. I like to show off my stuff, so having it nice, is nice.
My problem with the 2 camps arguing about aesthetics is that one feels there is no way they can sound good while looking bad, and the other feels that anybody who bought a nice looking sub spent too much money, and a CHT product would likely sound better for less.
Now, I'm a proud Canadian, and in general, I think that anybody who wants to make something good, would care about how it looks. Quality is suppose to be a blanket term. That said, I knew guys who could pass a tough weld cert with what must have been the ugliest weld allowed past the visual stage.
I was taught pride in workmanship. Whatever. Everybody is different. I will not be buying any CHT stuff until I see what I want in terms of quality overall.
Get over it already.
Let the guys who put their idea of performance before their idea of quality buy what they want. Let the guys who want it all spend whatever they want to get it.

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price subsides"
post #610 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvictorg View Post

I would just like to know if this is standard business practice in the ID speaker/sub world??

At our option, we will either (a) repair the hardware defect at no charge using new, refurbished or used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (b) exchange the defective Product with a Product that is new or refurbished that is equivalent to new in performance and reliability and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product or (c) refund the purchase price less the original shipping charge.

Chase HT may request that you replace defective parts with user-installable new or refurbished parts that Chase HT provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligations.

I mean - if I take my car in for repair under warranty to the dealer I would like a new part put in not used or refurbised parts

It's not unusual to see a statement like that. I kind of doubt CHT does any refurbishing.

post #611 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Suddenly I'm unable to log onto the CHT forum...things that make you go hmm..........! I hope everything is all right over there?
post #612 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

What make you think you have the option to have new parts installed for auto warranty repairs? The fact is, you don't. I'll quote from my 2008 BMW new car warranty manual:

"The BMW center will, without charge for parts or labor, either repair or replace the defective part(s) using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said part(s) is solely the perogative of BMW NA."

You see, this sort of warranty coverage is pretty much standard fare.
post #613 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 403
post #614 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Unobtainium, from one guy with a manufacturing/fabrication background to another, that is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL weld in the second photo!

Thanks very much. I hold compliments from peers in high regard. That's a 4130 weld on roll cage work.

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price subsides"
post #615 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Unobtainium, from one guy with a manufacturing/fabrication background to another, that is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL weld in the second photo!

I agree totally. I have a friend that works at MIT teaching machine work and fabrication. He is the most gifted fabricator I have ever seen. Your work reminds of his. I did hand painted pinstriping and lettering for over 25 years. Some say that is an artform but so isn't welding of that quality. True art!

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #616 of 630 Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I manage a center with millions of dollars of high tech equipment under either warranty or service contracts. Refurbished replacement parts are used the vast majority of the time. Automobile service agreements seldom guarantee new replacements.
Frankly, it's pretty much a boiler plate warranty agreement.
post #617 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 AM

Like a good drama, I found myself half reading and half skimming through all 600 plus posts. But there's something that doesn't pass the smell test, so I have some hypothetical questions:

My first question: What if this was an eBay sale... the OP is the seller, and any one of us is the buyer. Lets even submit that all of the photographs showing cabinet condition were posted, since the seller really wants the buyer to know what he's getting.

Upon delivery, the shipping container does not show any apparent damage, but upon opening and inspecting the product, there is significant impact damage to one of the top corners of one of the cabinets. This damage causes further inspection of the shipping container, for which there is no apparent corresponding damage (i.e., we find damage on the inside, but not on the outside).

Next question: How would we... as a buyer of a private party product, respond in such a case?

Now, we have reasonable reactions (from buyers) and unreasonable reactions. I speculate that a reasonable reaction under such a scenario, is to suspect the private seller held something back in the description, and perhaps... just perhaps, is trying to pull a fast one. Ya know??? It's so easy to blame the shipper, right?

So, this made me think about human nature and motive. Suppose... (keep in mind we're speculating) that the purchaser of the product had an accident, and inadvertently damaged the product while un-crating it, while moving it, or perhaps setting it up. Speculating wildly, perhaps the purchaser was attempting to stack the subs, and slipped while placing one box on top of the other, thereby causing the significant impact damage to the top corner of the bottom box.

So, now, the purchaser has brand new equipment that's been damaged prior to even hooking it up. An expensive product. A product that the purchaser now wants to return. What would someone due in this case?

This is certainly motive for returning the product. Keep in mind that we're speculating about motive here. That said, also keep in mind that this is exactly what a prosecuting attorney does when trying to convict a criminal with nothing more than circumstantial evidence.

It is certainly within the realm of human nature for someone to buy something expensive, damage it the day they bought it, and immediately try to return it--hiding the fact of what they did (yea... let's blame it on the shipper). AKA failure to accept responsibility. Just like when someone dings a new car in a parking lot (causing several hundred dollars in damage to repair) and just drives off--breaking the law--but what to they care? It's not their car, and nobody saw what happened. No honesty or integrity; no accepting responsibility for what they did.

eBay works because most people are honest. But since not everyone is honest, eBay also has seller ratings; a means of recourse for buyers to punish sellers who are not honest. And then, PayPal also offers an added layer of protection; Paypal can reverse the payment transaction.

So, this is not really a good scenario, that is, comparing an eBay purchase to what happened here. As an eBay buyer, we have recourse. As a business accepting a return shipment that's found damaged after-the-fact, those avenues of recourse are much more limited. Don't forget, that when we buy something then want to return it, we are no longer the buyer--we are the seller. The business accepting the return is now the buyer of a private party product. The fledgling start-up manufacture became the buyer, for which there were conditions: returns must not be damaged.

The OP was able to leverage this forum to force concessions out of the manufacturer, who, in this case, is just a very small fledgling start-up. I must admit, that it really bothered me to see the level of intensity and vitriol toward the manufacturer. Studying what happened on this thread is a great study in human nature; akin to a lynching in the deep south, etc.

What if... just what if my wild speculation about what happened is true? What if the OP did, in fact, damage the product, and as a means of inventing justification, picked apart the cosmetics and came up with any other reason to return the productand in doing so, pulled a fast on on everyone here?

What if you were the owner of the small, fledgling start-up and this happened to you? What happened to the manufacturer is that he accepted the return of a damaged product, payed for shipping both ways, donated money for good will (that's not really a loss), and reclassified his remaining inventory as B-Stock... all because of this thread. How would you like that to happen to you?

Just a quick note about how I found this thread--not that it matters:

I found this tread after purchasing a single Epik Empire last week (due to be delivered next week). One day after buying it, I came across the 18.1 as another sub-woofer option. Found the review comparing 2 18.2s vs. 4 Epik Empires, for which the reviewer loves them both, will keep them both, but states the CHTs brought the experience to a whole new level (paraphrased). As such, I nearly canceled my Epik order, since I could save nearly $200.00 for something at least equivalent, or possibly better sound. I really didn't want to spend more than $500 for a sub, so buying the Epik is really pushing the budget.

Well, long story short, I did not cancel my order. Looking for justification for paying more, and prior to to finding this thread, I did find pictures of the 18.1, and did notice the appearance was rather rough compared to the Empire. That, and with supposedly less cabinet vibration due to the Epik dual opposed woofers, I justified the extra cost for the Empire. But for me, this is still a tough justification.

If I did not already own the Empire, I would likely purchase the 18.1. I'm sure either one would be equally acceptable in my humble setup.
post #618 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Liked: 26
Ahhhh....letting sleeping dogs lie is not very popular around here I see...

post #619 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Congratulations! You win the prize for longest "first post" from any AVS member!

What did you win you ask? Well, some handsomely made "Amish-like" feet are yours!!

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #620 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 PM

**** this thread.
post #621 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNet View Post

What if... just what if my wild speculation about what happened is true?

Cool story bro. "I don't know but I've been told, you'll never die and you'll never grow old!"

Quote:

•Cabinet scratches
•Corners not built up
•All nail holes visible

That wasn't shipping damage, that was just the poor quality of the product. That was the sub the customer got. Now imagine if you buy a new article, and it arrives to your home in that condition. Then when you ask to be refunded, you're told you'll lose 400$ of shipping...

The story about the 'damaged corner' was claimed by Chase but we don't know the veracity of that story. While you're quick to assume that the consumer damaged the sub and purposely sent it back for a refund, you could also assume that the damaged corner was just another attempt by Chase to try to discredit his customer. Hey, it's the same guy accused the original poster of doctoring pics and I don't know what else so I don't know what weight you can put on those claims. Seems more plausible to me than someone returning a sub because he damaged the corner... Did you not see the pics the customer posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchong View Post
Tough forum indeed. And there are certainly 2 sides to the story, especially about the customer service and what offers were made.

But do the pictures lie? If indeed the level of finishing is not up to expectation then at least this thread has shown to all potential customers what the finishing may be like. If craigsub finds that acceptable that's his prerogative. Similarly, those customers who find it unacceptable will simply choose not to buy.

Do pics lie?

Two looks for Ms.Cruz. Pics can do funny things.

When I post pics in normal lighting using a Canon Digital of the returned subs, will people look at these pics honestly?

This has haunted me and I'm not sure if it qualifies as false advertising. Imagine you go meet this hot girl who you've been chatting online, right pic, and when you get to the restaurant a 200lbs woman with scars and bad skin arrives and says she's sorry she got here late... "Who the hell are you!" "I'm Cruz! You saw my pic online!" "**** you're huge and you look nothing like the pic!" "Well wha'dya expect, can't all look like models all of the time!"

Again, as I've asked, what kind of product are you to expect? Everyone said that the subs are borderline crude or whatever, so exactly what should you expect? Which of the following are to be expected on the B-Stock and on the A-Stock? And if some of those creep up, that qualifies for a full refund including shipping? Nobody answered this question as of yet...

Quote:

•Cabinet scratches
•Corners not built up
•All nail holes visible

To me, it looks like the original poster expected to get a well finished sub (right pic of cruz), and instead got something which really didn't resemble what he got (Cruz on the left). Then somehow it was his fault, because with this product, nobody expects it to be "perfect". It's like everybody knew he was going on a first date with the ugliest girl in town, except him...

So again, why not make public knowledge of the product's the condition/quality? What defects are covered by the trial? For free exchanges? What defects are deemed acceptable by the seller, and which are not? And if a sub comes with defects, what happens? Full refund plus shipping expenses? Free replacement?

To me it just seems common sense to give customers a good idea of what they're buying. You see it all the time on ebay, audiogon, and all. Sellers give a rating depending on the condition. "500$ for Polks, bit of scratches on the left and some corner damage but that's about it." If you buy a new product, you usually expect to have a flawless product. But if this company sells products which are never flawless, what kind of defects should potential customers expect? I think that's a clear question which should definitely be answered... And customers should definitely be made aware of it. Not doing so is borderline fraudulent: Customer gets a product which looks like it was made by joe schmoe in his garage and then he has to decide whether he keeps the whatever X$ of subs or lose 400$ in shipping and have nothing...
post #622 of 630 Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Whatever happened to first posts that went something like this:

"Got an HTIB for Xmas and hoping to upgrade to a killer subwoofer to shake the foundation of my house! Budget is $200 tops!"
post #623 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
[quote=Grandarf;19872306]Cool story bro. "I don't know but I've been told, you'll never die and you'll never grow old!"]

Modest mouse huh?

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
My humble entertainment room
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417652/midwest...
post #624 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf View Post

Imagine you go meet this hot girl who you've been chatting online, right pic, and when you get to the restaurant a 200lbs woman with scars and bad skin arrives and says she's sorry she got here late... "Who the hell are you!" "I'm Cruz! You saw my pic online!" "**** you're huge and you look nothing like the pic!" "Well wha'dya expect, can't all look like models all of the time!"

Sounds like a couple of my eHarmony dates
post #625 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Every time I read about this situation I think of the huge customer service opportunity that this company missed.

Many years ago, I ordered two subs from SVS (B4 that they no longer make) that I wanted finished in high gloss black. Prior to that time, they had only delivered in finishes like Cherry, etc. When the subs showed up , the finish was far from my expectations. The specifics are not important but what SVS did was very important. They told me to send them back but since each of these monsters weighed about 52 bazillion pounds, I had no way to even get them upstairs. And here is where the customer service showed up. SVS put two employees in a truck, drove to Atlanta from Ohio, delivered me two new and properly finished subs, loaded up my old ones and drove back.

They never ever questioned about the finish or my level of satisfaction or anything else. I can't tell you the number of new customers they got from my referrals but I can assure you that it FAR outweighed their cost to make the exchange.

My guess would be that Craig has lost LOTS of potential buyers because of the way this was handled.

That said, he can earn his way back by going way over and beyond in product quality, delivery, meeting commitments, customer service, etc. It will just take him time.
post #626 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Every time I read about this situation I think of the huge customer service opportunity that this company missed.

Many years ago, I ordered two subs from SVS (B4 that they no longer make) that I wanted finished in high gloss black. Prior to that time, they had only delivered in finishes like Cherry, etc. When the subs showed up , the finish was far from my expectations. The specifics are not important but what SVS did was very important. They told me to send them back but since each of these monsters weighed about 52 bazillion pounds, I had no way to even get them upstairs. And here is where the customer service showed up. SVS put two employees in a truck, drove to Atlanta from Ohio, delivered me two new and properly finished subs, loaded up my old ones and drove back.

They never ever questioned about the finish or my level of satisfaction or anything else. I can't tell you the number of new customers they got from my referrals but I can assure you that it FAR outweighed their cost to make the exchange.

My guess would be that Craig has lost LOTS of potential buyers because of the way this was handled.

That said, he can earn his way back by going way over and beyond in product quality, delivery, meeting commitments, customer service, etc. It will just take him time.

Great story, thats how customer service should be!
post #627 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Great story, thats how customer service should be!

Agreed. Customer service isn't hard. It's about doing the right thing. It is amazing how companies like CHT can be ignorant to the benefits of great customer service when companies like Zappos.com are proving the business case for customer service.
post #628 of 630 Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrowe View Post
It is amazing how companies like CHT can be ignorant to the benefits of great customer service
I don't think that it is the case with Craigsub. He has to be aware of CS - after all he owns car dealerships. Plus, that incident may just be an isolated case.

My issue is the quality of the product. I still can't get over how those subs are put together. Those feet are the most hidius things I have ever seen offered. It actually makes me chuckle EVERY time I see a picture of it. Never would I pay for a "finished" product like that, no matter how good it suppose to sound. Looks like a homeless carpenter put it togerther to make a buck.
But people are buying them.

Would a brand new line of cars sell with 4 spare tires instead of regular size wheels? I think the answer is yes.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7&goto=newpost
post #629 of 630 Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

That is truly remarkable.

I like Ice Cream!
post #630 of 630 Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

WOW, the horse is dead, made into glue and then used to make more subs.

Let is go. Move on to a more productive use of your time.

T6

Clearwave 4TSE and 4CC build thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post19489740
Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page