post #61 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

I have to ask does anyone have a picture of these subs that shows them to look better then a second rate DIY build??

I would love to see a picture where this sub remotely comes close in finish to any other ID sub in its class.

Yeah.. their products (aside from the WAF1 and Gizmo) always looked a little "home made" to me. Don't mean to pile on here.. and maybe I'm just to picky with the way my stuff looks. I dunno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Gentlemen, as with all issues in life, there are two sides to every story. To date, we have delivered over 200 subwoofers, and have had one customer with a complaint of this nature.

There are so many statements made by Josh that are not true that it really is sad.

1. I don't have a "block" on my number, as he claims. I don't have one on my cell, nor my office number.

2. The subwoofer is designed to be used as a down firing subwoofer. Josh complained that it cannot be used as a front firing subwoofer without the feet being attached. It can be used as a front firing subwoofer with the feet attached, but it will look rather odd.

I asked Josh why he wanted to use the subwoofers as a front firing sub when they are designed to be down firing, and his response was that they need to be stacked. After further conversation, I suggested he should have ordered a CS-18.2 if his intent was to co-locate the units. I then offered to replace both units with a new CS-18.2, with us paying all freight costs.

He responded that he needed two separate enclosures because he might move someday and wanted the option to separate the subwoofers at that time. Josh refused the offer of a CS-18.2

I offered to send Josh the appropriate screws to place in the feet, along with a custom grill for each unit to give them a more complete look as a front firing subwoofer. Josh also refused this offer.

I offered to send to Josh a new CS-18.1 enclosure, again at our cost. He refused to consider this option.

3. We have both subwoofers back in our possession. It was pretty clear that the one subwoofer was dropped while out of our possession. We, as do all companies, have the occasional shipping damage.

This was not shipping damage. In our opinion, the subwoofer was damaged by the purchaser. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have family obligations. I will be driving to the factory to retrieve both subwoofers returned by Josh in order to take normal pictures of the subwoofers as they were returned.

4. By his own admission, Josh never even hooked up the subwoofers, nor did he make any attempt to use them in the manner in which they were designed. He turned down each and every attempt to have a civil conversation about the product.

We have tried at every turn to work with Josh. Every possible attempt was made to satisfy him.

As it stands, Chase Home Theater now has a subwoofer which was returned to us damaged. We refunded the customer what he paid, less the shipping costs. That is our company policy.
post #63 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like the cat's out of the bag..... I warned Craig that his poor business practice would come back to bite him on the ***.

I feel for you JoshKo, I really do. I'm just glad I saw CHT's true colors before handing over my money. I hope Craig finally man's up and gives you back your 400.
post #64 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

I pasted this thread over in the Chase forum as a heads up. Maybe Craig will address this issue for the OP once he's aware of this.

Edit: Someone must have read my post over there, because it's now gone!

I removed it, as I am addressing the issue here.
post #65 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm a bit confused here, are you saying the customer damaged the subs? That he refused to let you replace them and pick up all shipping charges for him? That he would rather have no subs and be out $400? Hmm, time for a rebuttle OP................
post #66 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshKo View Post

As soon as they were visible, there were problems:

Cabinet scratches
Discoloring of the finish
Textured and non-textured areas
Corners not built up
Peaks and valleys on the cabinet
All nail holes visible
Feet didn't fit flush to the cabinet
Feet on both subs leaked air
The center cap on one woofer was leaking air
Washers holding in the woofer had spots cut-off
T-nuts to hold on the feet should have been applied on the inside, not on the outside where a nudge will pull them out and potentially break the leg bolts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

This was not shipping damage. In our opinion, the subwoofer was damaged by the purchaser.

What was caused by the purchaser?

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #67 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Gentlemen, as with all issues in life, there are two sides to every story. To date, we have delivered over 200 subwoofers, and have had one customer with a complaint of this nature.

There are so many statements made by Josh that are not true that it really is sad.

1. I don't have a "block" on my number, as he claims. I don't have one on my cell, nor my office number.

2. The subwoofer is designed to be used as a down firing subwoofer. Josh complained that it cannot be used as a front firing subwoofer without the feet being attached. It can be used as a front firing subwoofer with the feet attached, but it will look rather odd.

I asked Josh why he wanted to use the subwoofers as a front firing sub when they are designed to be down firing, and his response was that they need to be stacked. After further conversation, I suggested he should have ordered a CS-18.2 if his intent was to co-locate the units. I then offered to replace both units with a new CS-18.2, with us paying all freight costs.

He responded that he needed two separate enclosures because he might move someday and wanted the option to separate the subwoofers at that time. Josh refused the offer of a CS-18.2

I offered to send Josh the appropriate screws to place in the feet, along with a custom grill for each unit to give them a more complete look as a front firing subwoofer. Josh also refused this offer.

I offered to send to Josh a new CS-18.1 enclosure, again at our cost. He refused to consider this option.

3. We have both subwoofers back in our possession. It was pretty clear that the one subwoofer was dropped while out of our possession. We, as do all companies, have the occasional shipping damage.

This was not shipping damage. In our opinion, the subwoofer was damaged by the purchaser. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have family obligations. I will be driving to the factory to retrieve both subwoofers returned by Josh in order to take normal pictures of the subwoofers as they were returned.

4. By his own admission, Josh never even hooked up the subwoofers, nor did he make any attempt to use them in the manner in which they were designed. He turned down each and every attempt to have a civil conversation about the product.

We have tried at every turn to work with Josh. Every possible attempt was made to satisfy him.

As it stands, Chase Home Theater now has a subwoofer which was returned to us damaged. We refunded the customer what he paid, less the shipping costs. That is our company policy.

So let me get this straight - you're being a pissant for $400!! Pennywise and pound foolish to say the least - you will lose many many times the $400 in business because of this

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Aldous Huxley
post #68 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
The phone conversations I've had with Craig always have had the CHT number show up on caller ID.

I haven't purchased anything yet, but have gotten the vibe from the CHT forum, AVS reviews, and phone calls to them that CHT is fairly easy to work with.

2 Cents and Subscribing................
post #69 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

I don't get it...why would you offer to send a new cabinet if you believe he is the one that did the damage?
post #70 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM

I don't understand why the OP would damage his new subs and refuse to work with CHT for replacements, and then post everything here. It makes no sense to me, but maybe the OP will rejoin his thread and explain...?
post #71 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Inquiring minds would like to know?

Also from the CHT website there is this

The following are not eligible for the Trial and are considered final sales:

Any Products that are customized, including but not limited to, custom or premium finishes (i.e., finishes other than standard black), unfinished cabinets you ordered, customer-requested mods and any other non-standard Product configurations.

Any B-stock or Open Box Products

Packages / Systems

Any non-Chase HT brand product acquired through Chase Home Theater

Aldous Huxley
post #72 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

I removed it, as I am addressing the issue here.

You haven't addressed s**t...

Russ
post #73 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

By the looks of it, a torch, chain, screwdriver with hammer, chisel, an empty 16ga brad nailer, 80 coarse sandpaper, used paint roller had to be used to cause that damage. I know MDF, and no dropping can cause most of that damage. And why offer to replace the cabs if he was at fault. This line in the sand will cost much more than it was worth.
post #74 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:

Just the enclosure? There's no way a consumer should be asked to do something like that. He should have been sent a quality full replacement unit.

Quote:

In our opinion, the subwoofer was damaged by the purchaser.

Based on what?? Everything he described and showed in pictures looked like shoddy workmanship to me..

Quote:

4. By his own admission, Josh never even hooked up the subwoofers, nor did he make any attempt to use them in the manner in which they were designed.

And neither would I. If I opened my box and saw that turd, I couldn't get it taped back up fast enough.

Quote:

Chase Home Theater now has a subwoofer which was returned to us damaged. We refunded the customer what he paid, less the shipping costs. That is our company policy.

You're making him pay for shipping on a sub that looked like a pre-production reject. That's just wrong.
post #75 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepen View Post

By the looks of it, a torch, chain, screwdriver with hammer, chisel, an empty 16ga brad nailer, 80 coarse sandpaper, used paint roller had to be used to cause that damage. I know MDF, and no dropping can cause most of that damage. And why offer to replace the cabs if he was at fault. This line in the sand will cost much more than it was worth.

lmao

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #76 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeromaha View Post

the phone conversations i've had with craig always have had the cht number show up on caller id.

I haven't purchased anything yet, but have gotten the vibe from the cht forum, avs reviews, and phone calls to them that cht is fairly easy to work with.

2 cents and subscribing................

did u look at the pictures?
post #77 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 439
If both CC & JoshKo are accurately recounting the callerID not showing up then that may suggest that a phone call was made from a different phone which had such blocking or that JoshKo's phone service is whacked somehow.

I would expect from the photos that JoshKo provided a link for, that if this was damage caused by him to have seen significant abrasion exposing bare wood. Since that doesn't appear to be the case, I'd have to think that with the uneven finish application, nail holes, and leaky cabinet, this is more consistent with my original premise of a unique sub, crafted in the USA, with an aged, distressed look to give it a je ne sais quoi character.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #78 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM

Craig removed my post from his forum as well - maybe he doesn't want the people on the CHT forum to know about this - I WONDER WHY NOT???

Craig - didyou ever hear of the old vaudeville sketch - pay the $2

http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot....o-dollars.html

"The sketch commences on a New York subway. Willie plays the sad, inoffensive city toiler whose instincts tell him that the safe life consists of hard work coupled with the good luck not to become known by the authorities. He is with a friend who is a lawyer. This lawyer's personality demands that he challenge authority. He is intransigent and anarchistic. An argument arises between the two. Willie, in and excess of emotion, spits on the floor. The subway conductor directs Willies attention to the sign that declares that there is a two-dollar fine for spitting on the subway. Willie wishes to pay the two dollars and withdraw into anonymity. His lawyer friend sees this as an opportunity. He must not permit his client to submit to authority. It is a matter of principle. There follows and excalation of penalties as the lawyer explores each appellate level. At every step Willie Howard pleads, "Let's pay the two dollars." He knows, with the peasant's perception, that the enforcement of the law is always in the right hands. But the lawyer is obsesses with vindication.

When Willie is sentenced finally to death, the lawyer directs his unabated energies toward obtaining a governor's pardon. Here he is successful. As they return home on the subway, Willie denounces the lawyer for destroying his life. He becomes worked up again and inadvertently spits on the subway. Blackout and curtain."

Well - in your case - pay the $400

Aldous Huxley
post #79 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Wow guys lighten up. There seems to be some people with an axe to grind unrelated to this issue. Is this guilty until proven innocent?

T6

Clearwave 4TSE and 4CC build thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post19489740
post #80 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

.....tick...tick...

Boom--Gone
post #81 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

just the enclosure? There's no way a consumer should be asked to do something like that. He should have been sent a quality full replacement unit.

Based on what?? Everything he described and showed in pictures looked like shoddy workmanship to me..

And neither would i. If i opened my box and saw that turd, i couldn't get it taped back up fast enough.

You're making him pay for shipping on a sub that looked like a pre-production reject. That's just wrong.

lmao
post #82 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 PM

Hmm, faulty subs, unhappy customers, disappearing posts on the company forum, exorbitant shipping charges, am I the only one getting that creepy deja vu vibe.....? Let's hope this gets settled properly!
post #83 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf View Post

Wow guys lighten up. There seems to be some people with an axe to grind unrelated to this issue. Is this guilty until proven innocent?

Well its pretty easy, either UPS stole the CS18.T, built another one and sent it to Josh or CHT sent a very poorly built sub. Im thinking its the second, its not the first poorly made product from CHT (See Pro-10 thread).

This isnt hard to figure out really. Im not interested in how any conversations went. Its how the business handles a big screw up that matters. $400 is peanuts for what it sounds like (Craig's words) 1 out of 200 shipments having a problem especially when something that bad went out. Fix it QUICKLY and it dies even quicker.

Hiding it from the companies forum is bad policy too IMO.

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #84 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Yes, looked at the pictures.

It looks like my German Shepherd got really pissed off at the sub and thought it was food, and my 2 year old got a hold of my screw driver and decided to draw.

They are probably the worst I've seen/heard of CHT products.

Were these in the first production run where the shipping quality wasn't palletized?

If that is how they were received that really sucks and I would be pissed too and want replacements.

Waiting to hear some discussion from Craig and consumer.........unless that boat has sailed.

EDIT: Isn't there multiple things that could have happened? 1) Shipping got f'd up. 2) CHT packaged a poorly built product. 3) Consumer is lying.
post #85 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf View Post

Bill, come on, I could have gone to Walmart and bought a 2x2 cardboard box and thrown some paint on it and it would have looked better than what he received. I have no ax to grind, I have been in the home improvement business for 35 years and that looks just awful. I would be ashamed to build that, let alone sell and ship it to a customer.
post #86 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Just the enclosure? There's no way a consumer should be asked to do something like that. He should have been sent a quality full replacement unit.

Our enclosures hook up to an outboard amp. The replacement offer of the enclosure meant a complete CS-18.1 module. That is a full replacement unit.
post #87 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Well its pretty easy, either UPS stole the CS18.T, built another one and sent it to Josh or CHT sent a very poorly built sub. Im thinking its the second, its not the first poorly made product from CHT (See Pro-10 thread).

This isnt hard to figure out really. Im not interested in how any conversations went. Its how the business handles a big screw up that matters. $400 is peanuts for what it sounds like (Craig's words) 1 out of 200 shipments having a problem especially when something that bad went out. Hiding it from the companies forum is bad policy too IMO.

I am not hiding anything. I clearly said I was addressing this here. Just how many places does this need addressed?
post #88 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM

Dude, just give the guy back the shipping and minimize this. "Tis the season..."
post #89 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvictorg View Post

Any Products that are customized, including but not limited to, custom or premium finishes (i.e., finishes other than standard black), unfinished cabinets you ordered, customer-requested mods and any other non-standard Product configurations.

Will they be using a standard steam iron to apply the veneers?
post #90 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:

I am not hiding anything. I clearly said I was addressing this here. Just how many places does this need addressed?

Give the guy his $400 - what's the problem? Do you have $400??

Aldous Huxley
Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page