My Chase Home Theater 18.T Experience - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is a classic case of He Said, She Said. Except it's He Said, He Said. Or Josh Said, Craig Said.

Certainly some of this is related to Josh's insistence of using a down firing sub in forward firing position. And then not liking how it looked.

Sounds like Craig made a bunch of offers to try and help out the customer. None of which were accepted by Josh.

Not sure how the sub should look, nor how it was shipped, and what damage occurred, and where. But Craig, how about the nail holes? And Craig, after you look at the sub, was it finished to your (CHT's) standards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
You have to take the good with the bad even on your own forum. Its 100% your choice on what post you will block.

It could have been a good customer service story but it does not seem that way.

You have not done everything with the customer, he simply asked for 100% refund including shipping and you refused.

You are not going to admit that you produced and shipped a very poorly made product?

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #93 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post

UPS strikes again! Damn couriers ...

I've always said you can't trust people who drive brown trucks who don't make left turns.
post #94 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 602
It's not poorly made Penn. It's unique and has advanced tuning features.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #95 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Liked: 11
WAY back in the day (pre-computers) I managed a Radio Shack. Corporate return policy was to always give the customer what they wanted, period. I once had a customer return a portable cassette player saying it didn't work. It was full of sand, they took it to the beach and must have buried it! Guess what, they got their money back. Long story short, Radio Shack might have had too lax a return policy, but they are still in business 30 years later!
post #96 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
This could all be resolved so easily, and I could get back to planning my Festivus Feats Of Strength.
post #97 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

This could all be resolved so easily, and I could get back to planning my Festivus Feats Of Strength.

For the rest of us?????
post #98 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 38

Not applying this to anyone specific, just thought it was funny.
post #99 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Chase's return policy of having customer pay shipping both ways is pretty much the norm, from what I have seen. Are there exceptions to this, perhaps, but it is the norm.

Now, having said that, if both subs were received in unacceptable condition, then perhaps CHT should pay shipping both ways.
post #100 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM

Ok guys ... here is the deal. I will personally reimburse the shipping to Josh out of my personal funds. It won't cost CHT any expense this way.

I will also donate $2000 to The Wounded Warrior Project:

http://woundedwarriorproject.org/

Merry Christmas, gentlemen.
post #101 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

post #102 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Dude, just give the guy back the shipping and minimize this. "Tis the season..."

While admitting no culpability!
post #103 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Did someone mention strength?
post #104 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Hey, we've had AV123, Shifty, and now donating to a charity mentioned in the same thread. Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my! I think we're done.

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #105 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

This is all very nice but questions pertaining to how such products that are finished in the manner described and illustrated by the pictures are allowed to ship remain. It's said that this was one out of 200 but how many others have been shipped where the finish leaves something to be desired? There's no way of telling since not everyone who buys posts. And those that do, few have chosen to give the community some close up looks of their purchase. We have heard statements like appearance is secondary and all that. There are close seconds and seconds that trail miles behind. This particular one fell right out of the starting gate.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #106 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd like the thread starter to post pictures of the cabinets from a 35mm shot and then zoom in to his magnification, rather than only having the super close-ups.

I'm sure he doesn't have any other pictures, but it is hard comparing what you are seeing with the dents and holes when it could be the size of a quarter or a pin.
post #107 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

Gentlemen, as with all issues in life, there are two sides to every story. To date, we have delivered over 200 subwoofers, and have had one customer with a complaint of this nature.

There are so many statements made by Josh that are not true that it really is sad.

1. I don't have a "block" on my number, as he claims. I don't have one on my cell, nor my office number.

2. The subwoofer is designed to be used as a down firing subwoofer. Josh complained that it cannot be used as a front firing subwoofer without the feet being attached. It can be used as a front firing subwoofer with the feet attached, but it will look rather odd.

I asked Josh why he wanted to use the subwoofers as a front firing sub when they are designed to be down firing, and his response was that they need to be stacked. After further conversation, I suggested he should have ordered a CS-18.2 if his intent was to co-locate the units. I then offered to replace both units with a new CS-18.2, with us paying all freight costs.

He responded that he needed two separate enclosures because he might move someday and wanted the option to separate the subwoofers at that time. Josh refused the offer of a CS-18.2

I offered to send Josh the appropriate screws to place in the feet, along with a custom grill for each unit to give them a more complete look as a front firing subwoofer. Josh also refused this offer.

I offered to send to Josh a new CS-18.1 enclosure, again at our cost. He refused to consider this option.

3. We have both subwoofers back in our possession. It was pretty clear that the one subwoofer was dropped while out of our possession. We, as do all companies, have the occasional shipping damage.

This was not shipping damage. In our opinion, the subwoofer was damaged by the purchaser. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have family obligations. I will be driving to the factory to retrieve both subwoofers returned by Josh in order to take normal pictures of the subwoofers as they were returned.

4. By his own admission, Josh never even hooked up the subwoofers, nor did he make any attempt to use them in the manner in which they were designed. He turned down each and every attempt to have a civil conversation about the product.

We have tried at every turn to work with Josh. Every possible attempt was made to satisfy him.

As it stands, Chase Home Theater now has a subwoofer which was returned to us damaged. We refunded the customer what he paid, less the shipping costs. That is our company policy.

I don't care what Craig is saying are the nail holes his fault too AV123 is alive and while there are a lot of ID subwoofer companies out there I am glad I ran across this thread CHT won't have to worry about me I have read enough to stay clear give him the money and I bet you will find yourself with a lot more customers right now you sound like a jerk forget posting pictures just make it right.

KJ
post #108 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

This is all very nice but questions pertaining to how such products that are finished in the manner described and illustrated by the pictures are allowed to ship remain. It's said that this was one out of 200 but how many others have been shipped where the finish leaves something to be desired? There's no way of telling since not everyone who buys posts. And those that do, few have chosen to give the community some close up looks of their purchase. We have heard statements like appearance is secondary and all that. There are close seconds and seconds that trail miles behind. This particular one fell right out of the starting gate.

You are cordially invited to visit us anytime so you can inspect the products first hand. Just let me know. We will even have you picked up at the airport.
post #109 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't understand why the OP would damage his new subs and refuse to work with CHT for replacements, and then post everything here. It makes no sense to me, but maybe the OP will rejoin his thread and explain...?

+1 on that

KJ
post #110 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post

I don't care what Craig is saying are the nail holes his fault too AV123 is alive and while there are a lot of ID subwoofer companies out there I am glad I ran across this thread CHT won't have to worry about me I have read enough to stay clear give him the money and I bet you will find yourself with a lot more customers right now you sound like a jerk forget posting pictures just make it right.

He has stated that he'll be refunding the s/h charges out of his own pocket so that CHT doesn't absorb any losses as well as making a $2,000 donation to a charity. I hope he also posts pictures of the subs as they arrived at the location.

post #111 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

You are cordially invited to visit us anytime so you can inspect the products first hand. Just let me know. We will even have you picked up at the airport.

Perhaps it is you who should be doing the inspecting. Unannounced. Maybe opening things up and seeing how it's being finished.

post #112 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't understand why the OP would damage his new subs and refuse to work with CHT for replacements, and then post everything here. It makes no sense to me, but maybe the OP will rejoin his thread and explain...?

Sounds like the OP did not tell the complete, and accurate story. Like the phone number problems. Like Craig's many offers to help him. And like using a down-firing sub as front firing.

Will he be back? We'll see....
post #113 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I think without seeing the subs for myself that I can not make a judgement. The photos as presented don't look good but what exactly am I looking at?
Is it the same thing over and over in a different way? The same sub, both subs? I am not sure, I guess I am glad you are not judging me. This appears to be mob justice at is "finest ".

The OP's motivations were never questioned as if he is beyond reproach.

Buyers remorse perhaps. I don't know but I am glad you guys are so sure as you slam the reputation of the company. They seem to be guilty of others sins for sure.

T6

Clearwave 4TSE and 4CC build thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post19489740
post #114 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

While admitting no culpability!

Nor a retraction of his accusation that the subs were "damaged by the customer." What a preposterous thing to claim.
post #115 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Some people need to chill out. Craig hasn't even had a chance to post his pictures yet.

The pictures taken seemed VERY zoomed in. Can we wait and see what we are looking at? Maybe Craig can get some decent photos and show them.

Funny how everyone assumes the OP to be telling the truth?
post #116 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post

How is one supposed to read this post???

In English, a "period" ends a sentence. A "period" is a lower case "dot". It is located on a QWERTY keyboard on the lowest row, two spaces to the left of the left "Shift" key. Let me make sense of this post for those reading along:

Quote:

I don't care what Craig is saying. Are the nail holes his fault too? AV123 is alive, and while there are a lot of ID subwoofer companies out there, I am glad I ran across this thread. CHT won't have to worry about me. I have read enough to stay clear.

Craig, give him the money and I bet you will find yourself with a lot more customers. Right now you sound like a jerk. Forget posting pictures; just make it right.

Although I'm not a CHT fanboi, and the issues brought forth in this thread are quite concerning, attacking CHT with such a poorly worded and grammatically incorrect post, doesn't aid your credibility.

Craig (John) (not craigsub)

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #117 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 08:05 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

How is one supposed to read this post???

In English, a "period" ends a sentence. A "period" is a lower case "dot". It is located on a QWERTY keyboard on the lowest row, two spaces to the left of the left "Shift" key. Let me make sense of this post for those reading along:

Although I'm not a CHT fanboi, and the issues brought forth in this thread are quite concerning, attacking CHT with such a poorly worded and grammatically incorrect post, doesn't aid your credibility.

Don't be too stern on grammatical errors, Craig. We'll lose half the members here if they take it to heart.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #118 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Don't be too stern on grammatical errors, Craig. We'll lose half the members here if they take it to heart.

In general, I'm not a "grammar-nazi". However, the above post by kjohn was so "over-the-top" in the lack of punctuation that it was almost non-nonsensical.

Anyway, back to CHT bashing...

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #119 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Funny how everyone assumes the OP to be telling the truth?

Funny how you and a few others assume the OP is not telling the truth?
post #120 of 630 Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

In general, I'm not a "grammar-nazi". However, the above post by kjohn was so "over-the-top" in the lack of punctuation that it was almost non-nonsensical.

Understandable.

Quote:

Anyway, back to CHT bashing...

This thread has reached hilarity and will probably be locked or deleted soon, so I don't mind going off topic.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page