How the SVS PB13-Ultra compares to HSU VTF-15H - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 97 Old 09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?

Life is hard, be harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?

I think the people who have heard both said they prefer it for music, but the SVS for HT. Could be wrong, tho.
post #93 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Quote:

For me the more balanced 50/50 sub is the Hsu VTF-15. The SVS for me was not so much better but strictly an HT sub. The SVS can fill a BIG room..but my theater is around 12 x 21 x 9 so the added headroom that the SVS had was a total non factor. Because of room gain the HSU could still dig deep enough to satisfy the HT bass head in me even though the SVS could dig deeper. The REAL tipping point for me was for music, the Hsu just plays music much better...i'm guesssing that the Hsu subs blend better with my speakers and you can hear much better midbass lines from bass guitars and drums. Hope this clears up a few things. biggrin.gif The Hsu subs seem more "alive" to the point that you would swear that there was a gremlin inside the box banging around with a hammer creating different beautiful tones. There is a video on youtube called "super bass test" posted by alanstreetracer...on the test there are tones that make you feel like the bass is rocking you back and forth just like a giant swing in the room..your body feels like the bass is going away and coming back to you..the HSU played this test with better tone on the bass lines going up and down the scale...give your sub a try! biggrin.gif

matrixj
post #94 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Just wondering if this bias towards HSU for music is only with the 2 subs mentioned here or it is true for the low end subs also. For example would a low end HSU sub like VTF-2 MK4 be better for music than the SVS SB12-NSD? If the difference is only marginal, I would go with the Sb12 as it is 35 lb vs 64 for the VTF-2. May be I will start a thread as this thread is basically beyond my league :-)
post #95 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Just wondering if this bias towards HSU for music is only with the 2 subs mentioned here or it is true for the low end subs also. For example would a low end HSU sub like VTF-2 MK4 be better for music than the SVS SB12-NSD? If the difference is only marginal, I would go with the Sb12 as it is 35 lb vs 64 for the VTF-2. May be I will start a thread as this thread is basically beyond my league :-)

I ranked four subs including a mk 2.3 about a page or two back.

matrixj
post #96 of 97 Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
When you say mk 2.3, you mean VTF2 MK3?
post #97 of 97 Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM