How the SVS PB13-Ultra compares to HSU VTF-15H - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 97 Old 09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Saints's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?

Life is hard, be harder.
Saints is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 97 Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?

I think the people who have heard both said they prefer it for music, but the SVS for HT. Could be wrong, tho.
wth718 is online now  
post #93 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Senior Member
 
matrixj3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

So to do a recap on this thread we have 2 people that have actually owned both that prefer the 15h and everyone else that says the 13u is inconceivably better because it measures better. Am I correct?
I don't mean to be so short and blunt, but it's been a long day and well it is what it is?

For me the more balanced 50/50 sub is the Hsu VTF-15. The SVS for me was not so much better but strictly an HT sub. The SVS can fill a BIG room..but my theater is around 12 x 21 x 9 so the added headroom that the SVS had was a total non factor. Because of room gain the HSU could still dig deep enough to satisfy the HT bass head in me even though the SVS could dig deeper. The REAL tipping point for me was for music, the Hsu just plays music much better...i'm guesssing that the Hsu subs blend better with my speakers and you can hear much better midbass lines from bass guitars and drums. Hope this clears up a few things. biggrin.gif The Hsu subs seem more "alive" to the point that you would swear that there was a gremlin inside the box banging around with a hammer creating different beautiful tones. There is a video on youtube called "super bass test" posted by alanstreetracer...on the test there are tones that make you feel like the bass is rocking you back and forth just like a giant swing in the room..your body feels like the bass is going away and coming back to you..the HSU played this test with better tone on the bass lines going up and down the scale...give your sub a try! biggrin.gif

matrixj
matrixj3 is offline  
post #94 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just wondering if this bias towards HSU for music is only with the 2 subs mentioned here or it is true for the low end subs also. For example would a low end HSU sub like VTF-2 MK4 be better for music than the SVS SB12-NSD? If the difference is only marginal, I would go with the Sb12 as it is 35 lb vs 64 for the VTF-2. May be I will start a thread as this thread is basically beyond my league :-)
Mupi is offline  
post #95 of 97 Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
matrixj3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Just wondering if this bias towards HSU for music is only with the 2 subs mentioned here or it is true for the low end subs also. For example would a low end HSU sub like VTF-2 MK4 be better for music than the SVS SB12-NSD? If the difference is only marginal, I would go with the Sb12 as it is 35 lb vs 64 for the VTF-2. May be I will start a thread as this thread is basically beyond my league :-)

I ranked four subs including a mk 2.3 about a page or two back.

matrixj
matrixj3 is offline  
post #96 of 97 Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
When you say mk 2.3, you mean VTF2 MK3?
Mupi is offline  
post #97 of 97 Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
matrixj3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

When you say mk 2.3, you mean VTF2 MK3?

Yup

matrixj
matrixj3 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off