MFW-15 repair problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My MFW-15 started humming a few months back. I took it in for repairs with instructions to only replace the 4 capacitors as per murrel's suggested fix, & at the same time I did purchase a version 3 amp.

I got the unit back from the repair shop, but the hum is now even louder. Upon inspecting the supposed replaced parts it seems to me that no soldering work was done to replace the 4 capacitors. The repair man said he did do the repairs & fixed & cleaned a 'core' among other things which I did not ask for. Bottom line, I do not think he replaced the 4 capacitors.

Attached are pictures of 'repaired' board.
So my question is, are these the original capacitors from AVS123 or replacement parts from the repair shop?
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More pictures of the board
LL
LL
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgenix171 View Post
My MFW-15 started humming a few months back. I took it in for repairs with instructions to only replace the 4 capacitors as per murrel's suggested fix, & at the same time I did purchase a version 3 amp.

I got the unit back from the repair shop, but the hum is now even louder. Upon inspecting the supposed replaced parts it seems to me that no soldering work was done to replace the 4 capacitors. The repair man said he did do the repairs & fixed & cleaned a 'core' among other things which I did not ask for. Bottom line, I do not think he replaced the 4 capacitors.

Attached are pictures of 'repaired' board.
So my question is, are these the original capacitors from AVS123 or replacement parts from the repair shop?
It looks like they did replace the caps, But it is possible that the pulled a barrel out when they removed the 470uf caps. Below is where you need to solder jumpers.

If you have questions please dont hesitate to contact me
simplysound@msn.com

Murrel
LL

Murrel J Gray

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page