Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Maybe his brother did it?

I heard it was the NSA wink.gif

It's showing a mysql error now. That means it was likely running on a CMS. Based on the aged look of the design on the site prior to this, most likely the software was never updated and they are struggling to do so.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 141
ELjay, you have a great setup!
spyboy likes this.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus Five 200 amp, Chase SS 18.2(2), VS 18.1(2), Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #453 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thinking of adding a vs18.1 to go with my JTR captivator.

Feeling real impulsive... Hope the site is back up soon.
post #454 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Posted today: "The site is still down - and I am heading to a training trip for my financial services company. My bride is calling Go Daddy today to see what the problem is."

Jack

post #455 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hope his site is back up soon. The people on his forum are informative and kind. Exactly what a amateur A/V enthusiast like myself needed.
A few weeks ago I bought two SS18.2's and a MQ-600 amp and Love Them.
At their prices, I really want to purchase a few more subs to (hopefully) satisfy my upgradeitis for a little while.
Prior to my purchase Craig called me on my cell to discuss my needs/wants. He is a very nice guy. No regrets on my CHT purchases!

Blessings,
Brian:)

"I'm Your Huckleberry..."
post #456 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Well at least the Chase forum members have another site to get to gather, lol. Craig said that there is a fall GTG and sounded like Chase would be represented. Anyone know when and where this will be? Just watch Star Trek into the Darkness-a great follow-up of the first movie with a lot of action and good LFE. These subs kick some real butt!!!

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus Five 200 amp, Chase SS 18.2(2), VS 18.1(2), Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #457 of 854 Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I suspect, but can't confirm, the GTG will be in Erie, PA.

Jack

post #458 of 854 Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Latest Update:

"Another update - I just got off the phone with support for the provider. The woman who assisted me is Amy - and she informed me that the ticket was still open on the reboot.

She walked me through the set up on the account, and her team stated we would be back up and operational in 24 hours.

She was upset with the team for leaving the ticket on our account open. She apologized as someone there totally dropped the ball.

SO ... let's hope we are operational soon so we can get to a major announcement in regards to some exciting new stuff at CHT."

Jack

post #459 of 854 Old 09-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Liked: 10
Sure hope this gets fixed soon. I enjoy my visits to CHT.
post #460 of 854 Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Posted yesterday afternoon:
Quote:
"I will be (hopefully) having a conversation with someone in authority when all this is done.

We are also going to be moving to a completely new website before the end of the year. Our current website is way too clunky. We have so much going on behind the scenes right now that it's scary.

I am waiting on two new prototype 18 inch drivers for our next generation subwoofers, and there is a lot of other activity as well. If this "crash" occured 60 days from now, it would have been a non issue."

And then, this morning:
Quote:
Two things as a follow up:

1. I get to call the provider again today. This means the thrill of being left on hold repeatedly while they promise to fix things.

2. The new site will be going live on or about October 15. There will be an actual "paid for" guy who will be on staff for things like updates.

When the new site goes live, we were hoping to move the forum, intact, over to it.

Jack

post #461 of 854 Old 09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Site is back up and running.

Jack

post #462 of 854 Old 09-23-2013, 02:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Does anyone know if their is a retailer who has their subwoofers in Europe?

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #463 of 854 Old 09-23-2013, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
AFAIK, the company - at this time, anyway - is strictly an Internet-direct enterprise. I don't believe it has any retailers inside or outside of the U.S.
post #464 of 854 Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
For those who might be interested, there are big changes are under way at ChaseHT. See the thread titled "Chase Home Theater and The Audio Insider Are Now Chane Music and Cinema!!" for details. Here's a small excerpt:
Quote:
Jon Lane from The Audio Insider (TAI) here. ... I’m really pleased to be able to bring some truly GOOD news to the CHT community.

TAI is expanding. We're joining forces with CHT. Starting mid October, TAI – primarily our Arx and Dana lines – will be merging with Chase Home Theater to create Chane Music & Cinema, or “CMC”.
. . .
-TAI's classic Arx and Dana products will remain central to our offerings, but as part of an expanded product mix in the Chane brand.
. . .
-Chase subwoofers have a fast-track expansion plan, and as they become Chane will immediately reoffer the highest-value real performance subs I know of being sold customer-direct.

-CHT’s subs will be converted to TAI sourcing, much of it US-based, and will focus upon better fulfillment than in the past. Craig insists upon the rapid customer response TAI is known for, and we’ll be happy to make that a reality.

-Current Chase 10” 2-way theater monitors are a natural fit for the Chane line. Expect refinements and new models as we progress; this product-class is essential to serious, high-output home theater.

-Dana will also be rebranded as Chane, with the Line Array discussed in the TAI forum as one of the first new offerings from the skunkworks.
post #465 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 04:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Does this mean the beloved wooden subwoofer feet are back?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #466 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:

Does this mean the beloved wooden subwoofer feet are back?

Hahaha why are you so mean? This is great news. I'm really curious about the union of these two brands, since they have traditionally courted very different customers, with Chase gunning for value conscious HT people and TAI focused on buyers with more boutique-hi-fi tastes.

At first I wondered why "Chane," if I buy a pair of speakers, will I have 2Chanes? But then I thought, what if they went with Chase-Lane, and then I started thinking about 90s pr0n. The Audio Chase? Chase Home Insider? Nah, Chane it is.

Interested. Let's see smile.gif

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
post #467 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

What is or are skunkworks? My iPhone recognizes it as a word but offers no definition.

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
post #468 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
A skunkworks project is usually secret R&D. Lockheed Martin has "the" Skunk Works.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

post #469 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

A skunkworks project is usually secret R&D. Lockheed Martin has "the" Skunk Works.

Ohhhh... far out, thanks smile.gif

post #470 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Hahaha why are you so mean? This is great news. I'm really curious about the union of these two brands, since they have traditionally courted very different customers, with Chase gunning for value conscious HT people and TAI focused on buyers with more boutique-hi-fi tastes.

At first I wondered why "Chane," if I buy a pair of speakers, will I have 2Chanes? But then I thought, what if they went with Chase-Lane, and then I started thinking about 90s pr0n. The Audio Chase? Chase Home Insider? Nah, Chane it is.

Interested. Let's see smile.gif
It's a joke son! But it does seem like a move that has significant upside. Being able to leverage TAI's established connections when it comes sourcing parts, manufacturing capabilities, as well as Lane's knowledge of the 'art' is not to be underestimated. Ridding themselves of the screwy relationship with his brother when it comes to ordering is a definite plus.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #471 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes to everything you just said smile.gif

post #472 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

Do you ever read any of Dale Browns or Tom Clancy books? wink.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #473 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Might not be hard to dress up the SHO/PRO series monitors a little. They could use the same finish as on the AR1bs. That's been the real loss here. There are plenty of competitive subwoofers in the market, but not nothing quite like the SHO/PRO series for HT.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #474 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Might not be hard to dress up the SHO/PRO series monitors a little. They could use the same finish as on the AR1bs. That's been the real loss here. There are plenty of competitive subwoofers in the market, but not nothing quite like the SHO/PRO series for HT.

That's the impression I got. Chase had the SHO and eD had the PRO, is that how it went or am I confused?

post #475 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Chase had both with the units differing primarily in using different woofers.

post #476 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Chase had both with the units differing primarily in using different woofers.

Ah I see, thanks

post #477 of 854 Old 10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Let's start with a real crossover.
Chu Gai likes this.
post #478 of 854 Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

Let's start with a real crossover.

Why, the speaker works as is. Actually people prefer it to other speakers with real crossovers. Go figure.
post #479 of 854 Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

Why, the speaker works as is. Actually people prefer it to other speakers with real crossovers. Go figure.

Lots of confirmation bias. Doesn't mean much.

Many I'm sure have upgraded from cheaper soft dome options and just the dynamics and directivity upgrade itself helped I'm sure. If nothing else, it was very "different", therefore everyone assumes "better". I'm not saying it isn't or wasn't- it's just not a useful objective yardstick to use when evaluating this design.

That sure doesn't mean there isn't a LOT of room for improvement though.

You know why, we've already hashed out the specifics here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1490951/can-i-upgrade-my-sho-10-speakers/0_60

Do we know of any other commercial design that is as lazily put together, with just an off the shelf crossover?

I understand we're trying to be cost effective here, but c'mon. You can pick up any of the DIY SEOS kits for the same price and add some clamp and glue time, roll on some paint. It's not like the SHO-10 is a looker, and the target audience appreciates the savings because it isn't a priority. At least with those options you get a fully custom crossover with someone having actually thought out where the crossover point should be instead of being forced to use the crossover designed long before the SHO-10 was even a thought.

Let's stick with facts and leave the "it sounds better!" subjectivity out of it. This is an experience designer with plenty of time working with the woofer in the SHO-10:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post

1600hz second order is to high for the delta 10a. I've done over 4 complete speakers using the delta 10. In every case I've used 4th order or 3rd order plus a notch at 2500hz. That's a very strong XO for a passive speaker. And stock XOers never include BSC.

The SHO-10 needs a real crossover. The one it has now is lazy. These are facts; I see no use in telling manufacturers their lazy designs are "good enough", we should have higher standards around here by now.
Chu Gai likes this.
post #480 of 854 Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 421
But the speaker measured flat with low distortion in my room, why would I change the crossover? I would get the SEOS too starting from scratch. How much crossover work does one need when adding EQ and room correction to the mix. I have speakers with a very simple crossover and sound the best in my room compared to speakers with crossovers that cost more than the speakers. Who cares if they work? I measured under 1% THD at reference at my LP with a flat response in room. Should I ditch them for a speaker with a better crossover? Been there done that.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page