Official Chase Home Theater Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 854 Old 03-30-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Not sure if you guys have noticed yet, but looks like Craig got his VS-18.1 tested by the same guy that did the Audioholics sub testing earlier...

Quote:
All the data was provided by Paul Appolonio. Paul recently did the measurements for the Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer shootout. We shipped him a VS-18.1 subwoofer system at our expense. The purpose of this was to get a third party set of measurements regarding our subwoofers. We hope this information is informative. Please feel free to ask any and all questions.
The max CEA2010 output numbers....




25 Hz:



31.5 Hz:



40 Hz:



50 Hz:



63 Hz:








Quote:
This is a 125 dB sweep at one meter. The 125 dB was taken at 50 Hz, the voltage required at 125 dB set, then the sweep was run at this voltage. The sweep took just under 14 seconds.
As this sweep was done in terms of dB's from zero, we can see that 20 Hz was about 11 dB down from 50 Hz in this close to max output sweep.
It isn't the usual thing for a subwoofer to have a response like this shown. But it is one tough test for a subwoofer. It shows the 125 dB from appx. 32 Hz and up, with a lower SPL as we head down in frequency. This is also with the subsonic filter engaged.
Thought these graphs would be good in comparison to our sealed graphs in showing what the different designs are capable of...doesn't look like those of you wanting the vented version will have to wait long..
HuskerOmaha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Those numbers are awesome. And flat out past 200Hz, very nice.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Gooddoc is offline  
post #93 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 AM
 
floridapoolboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 3,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Do those response graphs show that the sub is down 14db at 20hz compared to 63hz?
floridapoolboy is offline  
post #94 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post
Do those response graphs show that the sub is down 14db at 20hz compared to 63hz?
Max output, yes. The 125 dB sweep is what you should be looking at for that question

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Gooddoc is offline  
post #95 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 AM
 
floridapoolboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 3,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So that would make the F3 point around 31hz, correct?
floridapoolboy is offline  
post #96 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Member
 
TooManyToys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore (Not Seaside!)
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With the load crack of a starter's pistol, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Jack
TooManyToys is offline  
post #97 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Member
 
f1nels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would hope not to see 'games' happening here since this is the CHT 'Owners' thread if some haven't noticed. There are other threads to go play games in.
f1nels is offline  
post #98 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nels View Post

I would hope not to see 'games' happening here since this is the CHT 'Owners' thread if some haven't noticed. There are other threads to go play games in.

You'd hope so, but some people just can't help themselves.
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #99 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Matman1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nels View Post

I would hope not to see 'games' happening here since this is the CHT 'Owners' thread if some haven't noticed. There are other threads to go play games in.

Well the fact that 2 certain non-owners that have no real interest in owning CHT products are currently tied for 3rd place for the number of posts in this thread (not counting their posts that were removed by moderators) should tell you how much the whole owner's thread thing is working.

PS: One of the poster's is in 11th place for number of posts in the owner's thread for the subs HE ACTUALLY OWNS


The other is doing a little better and is in 5th place on his owner's thread.

Congrats guys.

__________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzjagz
Holy smokes. A simple question turned into a buck wild display of thoughts, gazillion graphs, multiple interpretations, philosophies, and overall mayhem!!
Matman1970 is offline  
post #100 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
D.T.MIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman1970 View Post

Well the fact that 2 certain non-owners that have no real interest in owning CHT products are currently tied for 3rd place for the number of posts in this thread (not counting their posts that were removed by moderators) should tell you how much the whole owner's thread thing is working.

PS: One of the poster's is in 11th place for number of posts in the owner's thread for the subs HE ACTUALLY OWNS


The other is doing a little better and is in 5th place on his owner's thread.

Congrats guys.

Matman how true! I do not feel the need to come on hear and rattle my saber to defend my purchase. I will however as an actual owner of a CHT-18.2 say this, to those interested in getting a sealed sub that has excellent sound quality and performance without breaking your wallet then look no further. If size is an issue the 18.1 in single or multiples will rock depending on room size, listening habits and so forth. On another note I am surprised no one has talked about the bass in Skyline, this movie rocked my living room! I posted about it in the movies with bass thread but no reply as of yet.
D.T.MIKE is offline  
post #101 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 14,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.MIKE View Post

Matman how true! I do not feel the need to come on hear and rattle my saber to defend my purchase. I will however as an actual owner of a CHT-18.2 say this, to those interested in getting a sealed sub that has excellent sound quality and performance without breaking your wallet then look no further. If size is an issue the 18.1 in single or multiples will rock depending on room size, listening habits and so forth. On another note I am surprised no one has talked about the bass in Skyline, this movie rocked my living room! I posted about it in the movies with bass thread but no reply as of yet.

The bass was crazy but I did not like the quality of it. Compare it to FOTP or WOTW and their quality is much better.
MKtheater is offline  
post #102 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
D.T.MIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

The bass was crazy but I did not like the quality of it. Compare it to FOTP or WOTW and their quality is much better.

I agree MK about the quality of it must be do to the lack of good bass movies lately and when one decent one finally does come along...lookout! FOTP feels like the plan is flying through you body when watching it, it definitely is my demo of choice for that affect.
D.T.MIKE is offline  
post #103 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Member
 
f1nels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recall Skyline having some decent bass, but the movie was so bad I must have forgot about it.
f1nels is offline  
post #104 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.t.mike View Post

i agree mk about the quality of it must be do to the lack of good bass movies lately and when one decent one finally does come along...lookout! Fotp feels like the plan is flying through you body when watching it, it definitely is my demo of choice for that affect.

tron
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #105 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bsoko2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 4,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Valkyrie, scenes 2 & 3!
bsoko2 is offline  
post #106 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gpmbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Update: I purchased 4) chase home theater 18s with the intent on an MBM with my mains. I've tried several configurations the one working the best right now is using 2 separate sub outs on my receiver. On one channel I have the 18s running up to 120hz off the lfe. As they start to taper off naturally on the bottom, I have 2)DTS 10s behind the listening position that pick up the slack. The DTS 10s have a paradigm x30 hooked up with a low pass filter of 35hz before going to the other sub out on the reciever. As a system they sound seamless with lots of overhead. The midbass in particular has more output than I would ever use. At reference level and beyond I've never seen a clip light and never bottomed.

For a scene suggestion check out Resident Evil Afterlife (strictly demo material IMO) at around the 1:21 min mark when the guy takes off his sunglasses and the fight ensues. I've been chasing the sound of IMAX for a min now. That scene on my system sounds like IMAX. Now if I can continue that sound/feel on most movies with even coverage at the majority of seats I'm doin better than good. I think I might get the Omni Mic measuring kit to help with the process seems easier to implement than REW.
gpmbc is offline  
post #107 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
 
floridapoolboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 3,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ask a simple question, get no real answers, not surprising. Husker posted the graphs, I asked some questions, and received one answer from Gooddoc and some smart a$$ remarks from the peanut gallery. Last time I looked the sub in question had not reached production yet, and so there are NO OWNERS yet as well, correct? If you don't want to answer that's fine, if you don't know the answer that's fine also, if you want to exclude everyone from this thread but owners that's also fine, sorry I asked!
floridapoolboy is offline  
post #108 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
D.T.MIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

tron

Yeah looking fwd to that one myself will be released this upcoming Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 View Post

Valkyrie, scenes 2 & 3!

Bsoko will have to check that scene out have never watched this movie. BTW glad to see you still like your quad Empires, good choice you made.
D.T.MIKE is offline  
post #109 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmbc View Post

Update: I purchased 4) chase home theater 18s with the intent on an MBM with my mains. I've tried several configurations the one working the best right now is using 2 separate sub outs on my receiver. On one channel I have the 18s running up to 120hz off the lfe. As they start to taper off naturally on the bottom, I have 2)DTS 10s behind the listening position that pick up the slack. The DTS 10s have a paradigm x30 hooked up with a low pass filter of 35hz before going to the other sub out on the reciever. As a system they sound seamless with lots of overhead. The midbass in particular has more output than I would ever use. At reference level and beyond I've never seen a clip light and never bottomed.

For a scene suggestion check out Resident Evil Afterlife (strictly demo material IMO) at around the 1:21 min mark when the guy takes off his sunglasses and the fight ensues. I've been chasing the sound of IMAX for a min now. That scene on my system sounds like IMAX. Now if I can continue that sound/feel on most movies with even coverage at the majority of seats I'm doin better than good. I think I might get the Omni Mic measuring kit to help with the process seems easier to implement than REW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Ask a simple question, get no real answers, not surprising. Husker posted the graphs, I asked some questions, and received one answer from Gooddoc and some smart a$$ remarks from the peanut gallery. Last time I looked the sub in question had not reached production yet, and so there are NO OWNERS yet as well, correct? If you don't want to answer that's fine, if you don't know the answer that's fine also, if you want to exclude everyone from this thread but owners that's also fine, sorry I asked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.MIKE View Post

Yeah looking fwd to that one myself will be released this upcoming Tuesday!


Bsoko will have to check that scene out have never watched this movie. BTW glad to see you still like your quad Empires, good choice you made.


I've had Tron for a couple weeks now, I think you guys are going to love the audio/video in this bluray release. I think it is phenomenal, and I have a crappy low budget 720p projector with ambient light in my room right now.

FPB- I posted the graphs just to get people to start checking out the new product coming out May 1. Since they are only 30 days away, I didn't figure the addition of black paint would change the graphs-and just to point out the testing that has started on the CHT products since I thought the community here would think that was a good thing as well. I give up.

gpmbc-Do you have pics of your setup? I bet it looks impressive.....
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #110 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gpmbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Off to work now but I'll get some pics up later.
gpmbc is offline  
post #111 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tesseract67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I've had Tron for a couple weeks now, I think you guys are going to love the audio/video in this bluray release. I think it is phenomenal, and I have a crappy low budget 720p projector with ambient light in my room right now.

FPB- I posted the graphs just to get people to start checking out the new product coming out May 1. Since they are only 30 days away, I didn't figure the addition of black paint would change the graphs-and just to point out the testing that has started on the CHT products since I thought the community here would think that was a good thing as well. I give up.

Husker, thanks for sharing. Let's see a pic of your theater.

Quote:


gpmbc-Do you have pics of your setup? I bet it looks impressive.....

Hey folks, I'd like to see some more pics, too!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

tesseract67 is offline  
post #112 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmbc View Post

Off to work now but I'll get some pics up later.

Thanks!

I'll take some more of mine this weekend and post in the sub/speaker forums.
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #113 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

FYI, technically you're not supposed to post/advertise about products that aren't available yet.

Sorry man, thought that if a product was available for reservations and pre-orders that would count. Additionally, I've seen posts anticipating products and their specs in many other subforums.


On another conversation stimulating question to all----

What would you add to my CS 18.T package? I'll probably only make one more addition to this HT (sub wise) until our next house down the road...

I plan on getting CHT's improved sealed sub enclosures for my 18.T.

Some options for a bit more bass (just to see what happens, I'm currently happy) I'm debating:

Adding a SS-18.2, or a SubM HP, or the MFW-15 Dual Oppossed project Seaton/Sandbagger, or a custom sealed project with a the new class D Behringer amp, 2-LMS5400s, and a box from Funky Waves. I think the last one would be interesting, just have to save a bit more/longer.....

I have a DCX 2496 to EQ.
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #114 of 854 Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gpmbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 67
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSC00648.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSC00643.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSC00658.jpg

Still under construction behind the screen (with the wall itself and speaker set up) and I plan on adding bass traps in the rear corners of the room. What you can't see behind the black couch in the back are 2) DTS 10s going from left to right with about an inch to spare on either side and standing on end.
gpmbc is offline  
post #115 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tesseract67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Holy cow, CS-18 quad pack and 2 DTS-10s. Nice chairs, too, gpmbc.

Looks like fun!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

tesseract67 is offline  
post #116 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post


FYI, technically you're not supposed to post/advertise about products that aren't available yet. Since you decided to do so anyway I asked a few questions, maybe you or one of your friends would be so kind as to answer.... do those graphs show the F3 of this new sub to be above 30 hz or not? No games, no fights, no malcontent... just answers please... it's like pulling teeth with these subs!

No, you cannot calculate the F3 with the graphs supplied.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Gooddoc is offline  
post #117 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sepen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
That thing has some monster output. I hope that Craig can share what Paul thinks about the sound quality of it. Also, it is huge ( for me anyway). To bad one couldn't be built similar in size to the sealed versions. But that probably isn't possible, vented and all. But still, if one has the room...


Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I've had Tron for a couple weeks now, I think you guys are going to love the audio/video in this bluray release. I think it is phenomenal, and I have a crappy low budget 720p projector with ambient light in my room right now.

FPB- I posted the graphs just to get people to start checking out the new product coming out May 1. Since they are only 30 days away, I didn't figure the addition of black paint would change the graphs-and just to point out the testing that has started on the CHT products since I thought the community here would think that was a good thing as well. I give up.

gpmbc-Do you have pics of your setup? I bet it looks impressive.....

Sepen is offline  
post #118 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member
 
pbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,331
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Not sure if you guys have noticed yet, but looks like Craig got his VS-18.1 tested by the same guy that did the Audioholics sub testing earlier...


The max CEA2010 output numbers....




Thought these graphs would be good in comparison to our sealed graphs in showing what the different designs are capable of...doesn't look like those of you wanting the vented version will have to wait long..

Graph doesn't say much without the other sweeps that Paul takes. Were those posted? I.e., usually it's a graph with several sweeps like this ...



Which provides some compression information telling us how the sub performs at various levels and how well it holds its FR.

The one posted above simply says at whatever sweep level was run the sub is quite linear from around 30hz on up. Kind of like the HSU but with an 18" driver.

Also, Paul's "candid" comments would be interesting (i.e., did he hear any stress in the woofer at certain levels similar to what he heard with the HSU and FW when pushed hard), though I'm guessing Craig paid for the measurements only part and to be frank the listening impressions are always overly subjective.

 

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

 

pbc is offline  
post #119 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 468
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #120 of 854 Old 04-01-2011, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Matman1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Ask a simple question, get no real answers, not surprising. Husker posted the graphs, I asked some questions, and received one answer from Gooddoc and some smart a$$ remarks from the peanut gallery. Last time I looked the sub in question had not reached production yet, and so there are NO OWNERS yet as well, correct? If you don't want to answer that's fine, if you don't know the answer that's fine also, if you want to exclude everyone from this thread but owners that's also fine, sorry I asked!

FPB, most of us just want to enjoy our equipment as well as learn to get the most out of it. Despite your stated attitude of just being curious and unbiased, your posting history paints a rather different picture. Especially when you state on another thread that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Nope, it's vaporware at this point....so much for the graphs

and then proceed to come on here and asking questions about graphs you seemed to deem as useless.

On a more positive note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

As of now it looks like CHT will be sending me their single sealed 18" sub the CS18.1 and their new vented sub the VS18.1 in the next couple of weeks.

That would make this the current total line-up of commercial HT subs for the upcoming test round. Hopefully 1 or 2 more will be added in the next week or 2.

Rythmik FV15-HP
Epik Empire
Premier Acoustic PA-150
ED A7S-450
CHT CS18.1
CHT VS18.1

I know you did mention once or twice looking for Epik Empire measurements as well (though not with the atomic-clock regularity of whenever CHT comes up in any and all posts) so we can all be happy moving forward into a brave new era. {Cue Patriotic Music}

__________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzjagz
Holy smokes. A simple question turned into a buck wild display of thoughts, gazillion graphs, multiple interpretations, philosophies, and overall mayhem!!
Matman1970 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off