Subwoofer songs - recommendation of the day! - Page 29 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #841 of 851 Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
Sounds better on Spotify, if you have it. I found it on the "5 Years Paradise Lost - B - Sides" album. Lot's of good dark tracks on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0c5D8p9VUI
That is a really kick ass track! I am digging this tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 851 Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I was rooting around some MP3s and found this ambient piece with some very deep bass drone textures, digging the way down to the single digits in frequency, but not mixed over-the-top. Very dark and ominous sound, like the soundtrack to a killer horror film.
post #843 of 851 Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna

I'm not sure what it is about this song, but it randomly came up on Pandora and it really rocks my house with my eight sealed subs, more so than perhaps any song I can remember in recent history (outside of intention bass/subwoofer type songs). It immediately made me take notice.

It might be a resonant frequency thing of my room or something, but the repeated thump thump thump with my eight sealed subs just shakes my room and my projector and my screen unlike anything else I've experienced yet. It's a very impressive experience and immediately the song went from something that I've heard casually to a must play on my demo track short list. You feel the weight of the bass line in the core of your body in my room.

Take a listen and tell me if you experience the same for you, or if it's just my room and setup?!?!?

Links:
Listen
http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=d...%20the%20music
Amazon purchase (preview is really low quality compared to purchase if you aren't familiar with how Amazon MP3 store works)
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stop-The-Music/dp/B00114PI3I

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #844 of 851 Old 04-09-2015, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
post #845 of 851 Old 04-09-2015, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
post #846 of 851 Old 04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Nice Easy listening, Pop. BEGIN AGAIN

This is no 20 hz banging LFE, but it's got nice pop songs and makes good use of the surrounds + sub and makes you feel immersed and well blended, but warning some say it's "chic" movie but I think most men can handle it.

BEGIN AGAIN BLURAY version, you can jump to the various songs from the main menu.
post #847 of 851 Old 04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'm not sure what it is about this song, but it randomly came up on Pandora and it really rocks my house with my eight sealed subs, more so than perhaps any song I can remember in recent history (outside of intention bass/subwoofer type songs). It immediately made me take notice.
There are quite a few songs on that album with some throbbing bass beats. "Shut Up And Drive" comes to mind....
post #848 of 851 Old 04-10-2015, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
There are quite a few songs on that album with some throbbing bass beats. "Shut Up And Drive" comes to mind....

Funny you mention that one by name, because it was another one I was really impressed with from a tactile perspective on previous occassion and that song had made it into my demo track list, but it doesn't do to my room, what the Don't stop the music does. Since you say the album has similar heavy bass content on it - I'll have to give it a listen on Spotify tonight, and see what else is worthwhile.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #849 of 851 Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It might be a resonant frequency thing of my room or something, but the repeated thump thump thump with my eight sealed subs just shakes my room and my projector and my screen unlike anything else I've experienced yet. It's a very impressive experience and immediately the song went from something that I've heard casually to a must play on my demo track short list. You feel the weight of the bass line in the core of your body in my room.

Take a listen and tell me if you experience the same for you, or if it's just my room and setup?!?!?

Links:
Listen
http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=d...%20the%20music
Amazon purchase (preview is really low quality compared to purchase if you aren't familiar with how Amazon MP3 store works)
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stop-The-Music/dp/B00114PI3I
Looking at a spectragram, that tune isn't mixed particularly hot in bass, but there is considerable energy to under 10 Hz. The bassline, kick drum, and one of the synth instrumentals all hit at the same time as well, so you do get a real punch on the beat. Here is a pretty representative chunk of the tune:

Note how there is a very slight lag on the deeper end of the bass, perhaps that is because they didn't want too much bass energy at one instant so there would be less to compress. Probably not a bad idea.
post #850 of 851 Old 04-25-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Quote: 

How the heck did I miss this song several months back when you posted it!!! I don't have the caps hooked up right now. I've only got a Jamo Sub 650 i'm borrowing to write a review on and it still sounds awesome!

What's funny is that I missed your post here, and was trying to figure out the name of this very track only about a week ago after hearing it on a BMW commercial!!! I definately need to crank this one on the caps.

Edit - Archaea was referring to "Sail" by Awolnation in the above quote of him talking to me...(the song in the above video)

Well, Awolnation just came out with a new album and one song on there kicks ass again. Not necessarily a subwoofer song, but it seems to kick pretty good in spots. Here is that song below.

What do you think of that one Archaea?

Last edited by mphfrom77; 04-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.
post #851 of 851 Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I discovered these randomly throughout the years. I literally have a folder full of bass songs, these are just 'some' of the standouts I never/or rarely have seen spoken about. Some of these are more subtle with ULF, while others are brute forces making my 8 sealed 18's do nasty stuff to my house! I'll put a * next to the hardest hitters when I find more time. I noticed these going low despite sitting on a concrete slab. You IB/Sealed/LLT owners should enjoy these if you enjoy watching your woofers do the slow dance

I'm may edit this by tiers at some point... Anyone want to run graphs in the meantime?

Rap/Hip-Hop:

Action Bronson - Thug Love Story 2012
Anybody Killa - Ya Neden's Haunted
Axe Murder Boyz - Roaches
Axe Murder Boyz - Smoke Kush
B-Legit - Where is This Going (feat. Levitti) [20Hz song IIRC]
Bag of Hammers - The Bagadelic Rukus
Bag of Hammers - Dutch Oven
Bedlam - Will I?
Big K.R.I.T. - Dreamin
Blaze Ya Dead Homie - Hatchet Execution (feat. Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Anybody Killa & Syn of Zug Izland)
Blaze Ya Dead Homie - Saturday Afternoon (feat. Jamie Madrox)
The Boss Hog Barbarians - C*cksucka
Bugz - These Streets
Celph Titled - Eatadiccup (feat. J-Zone)
Danny Brown - Way Up Here (feat. Ab-Soul)
DJ Bobby B - Did You Learn Anything?
Drake - Make Me Proud (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Eastside Chedda Boyz - What You Know About (feat. Yukmouth)
Eminem - Rap God
Esham - DMT Sessions (feat. Danny Brown)
Ingraved OUT - Dead Hookers (freestyle)
Jason Porter - Paranoid
Jim Jones - Get it Poppin (feat. Jha Jha & Princess)
Kaos & Mystro - Mystro on the Flex [P-Dog tha Turntable Bully: P-Dog's mix, NOT the original.]
KGP - Master
KGP - Turn Up the Heat (feat. Stitch Mouth)
Lil' Wyte - Hoods Run Down (feat. Frayser Boy)
Natas - Virgin Mary
Nicki Minaj - Slumber Party (feat. Gucci Mane)
Project Deadman - Trapped
Sage Francis - Broken Wings
Skrapz - Abuse It
Skrapz - Bring it Back Later
Timbaland - Bounce (feat. Dr. Dre, Missy Elliott & Justin Timberlake)
Trick Trick - 2Getha 4 Eva!!! (feat. Kid Rock, Proof & Esham)

Non-Rap with ULF:

Björk - Hyperballad (The Hyperballad Fluke Mix)
Fede Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit
Jheena Lodwick - Perhaps Love
Lyle Lovett - Farmer Brown/Chicken Reel
Lyle Lovett - Pantry
Lyle Lovett - Up in Indiana
Marilyn Manson - The Nobodies
Mélissa Laveaux - Games of Unrest
Nine Inch Nails - The Four of Us are Dying

I'll gladly list more whenever people are interested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page