Subwoofer songs - recommendation of the day! - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 136Likes

post #991 of 1084 Old 01-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Rob Zombie Dubstep

Rob Zombie - Let It All Bleed Out (Document One Remix)

Rob Zombie - Devil's Hole Girls (Tobias Enhus Remix) / Not on YouTube...

One more hidden in spoiler due to title name...
Spoiler!
bimmaguy likes this.

JVC DLA-RS40 w/003 lamp,DIY False-wall 125" acoustically transparent screen,Darbee Darblet,Sanyo PLV-Z2000 (gaming),7.1 DIYSoundGroup 1099 x3 LCR & Slanted Volt 6 rears x4,Onkyo TX-NR818,Emotiva LPA-1,Behringer EP4000 (x2),Sealed Stereo Integrity HT18"s (x8),Balanced MiniDSP,Cross·Spectrum UMIK-1,DIY Acoustic Treatments,PS3,Sony BDP-S590,Seiki SR4KP1 Region Free BDP,Toshiba HD-A1,Roku,Outdoor Antenna,APC H15 power conditioner,Harmony Smart Control,Rebuilding*HTPC,Leather Theater seating etc.

Last edited by saginawjuggalo; 01-13-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1084 Old 01-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
Cool, I see how instrumental music has a different range of intensity vs electronica. Interesting.
If you look at my past posts you'll see a lot of music done by instruments with ULF, but I believe recording techniques (error or intentional) has more to do with it than anything else.. Unless we're talking pipe organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
I found this in Spotify in an album called Bass from Hell, Vol 1 by Senhor de Baixo, but turns out it's by Basstronics, or is it the other way 'round? I found some leaks in my sub with it though that needed some screws tightened down.

https://youtu.be/65xu66gXRlM
Yup, that's Basstronics alright... Spotify had the artist mislabeled, but the album's name is correct as you found out. Funny that you mention that, as Basstronics is how I found my past air leaks lol

Spoiler!

JVC DLA-RS40 w/003 lamp,DIY False-wall 125" acoustically transparent screen,Darbee Darblet,Sanyo PLV-Z2000 (gaming),7.1 DIYSoundGroup 1099 x3 LCR & Slanted Volt 6 rears x4,Onkyo TX-NR818,Emotiva LPA-1,Behringer EP4000 (x2),Sealed Stereo Integrity HT18"s (x8),Balanced MiniDSP,Cross·Spectrum UMIK-1,DIY Acoustic Treatments,PS3,Sony BDP-S590,Seiki SR4KP1 Region Free BDP,Toshiba HD-A1,Roku,Outdoor Antenna,APC H15 power conditioner,Harmony Smart Control,Rebuilding*HTPC,Leather Theater seating etc.
post #993 of 1084 Old 01-05-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 709
^ nice graph!

Would love to see more 20-30hz LFE.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #994 of 1084 Old 01-05-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I also just set up my new 6000DSP on my UM-18s...woah...

BTW, iTunes has the same name for the Artist as well. Took me a while to find a couple songs that were not under Basstronics.

post #995 of 1084 Old 01-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by saginawjuggalo View Post
If you look at my past posts you'll see a lot of music done by instruments with ULF, but I believe recording techniques (error or intentional) has more to do with it than anything else.. Unless we're talking pipe organs
I'm going to have to sort my way through your thread to find some different offerings. On the ULF I wonder what intentional tuning can be done. I mean a bass guitar or cello can only go so low. Having a very small music background I'm embarassed to say I can't recall what I learned back in grade school. You mention pipe organs and I recall having watched POtheC where Dave Jones is playing his pipe organ and I was thinking of how cool it sounded on our HT. I can't wait to hear this when our Gamma's come in. Unfortunately I cannot hear higher pitched sounds unless they are very high DB but LF I can hear and feel quite easily. I pick up LF both the wife and teenager can't make out.

Stereo Noob, Sherbourn SR-120 pushing 5ch Arx/Chane. 2nd Gen JTR 218HT prototype
post #996 of 1084 Old 01-05-2016, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 66
bimmaguy likes this.

SVS Ultra Bookshelves (Gloss White) / SVS SB13-Ultra / 2x Flex 12's / 2x V.B.S.S's / 2x Dayton 460HO's Marantz SR7008
AKG K712 Pros / SB ZxR
post #997 of 1084 Old 01-05-2016, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 66
https://open.spotify.com/track/6HTJZ0TQJVMSKkUGzAOe2h

SVS Ultra Bookshelves (Gloss White) / SVS SB13-Ultra / 2x Flex 12's / 2x V.B.S.S's / 2x Dayton 460HO's Marantz SR7008
AKG K712 Pros / SB ZxR
post #998 of 1084 Old 01-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
On the ULF I wonder what intentional tuning can be done. I mean a bass guitar or cello can only go so low. Having a very small music background I'm embarassed to say I can't recall what I learned back in grade school. You mention pipe organs and I recall having watched POtheC where Dave Jones is playing his pipe organ and I was thinking of how cool it sounded on our HT. I can't wait to hear this when our Gamma's come in. Unfortunately I cannot hear higher pitched sounds unless they are very high DB but LF I can hear and feel quite easily. I pick up LF both the wife and teenager can't make out.
I'm no expert in studio recording, but from my understanding many things can factor in such as daily ULF that many people are sometimes oblivious of (trains, traffic, window ACs, wind turbines, high winds, "The Hum" etc) and further Mic'd recordings can pick up on those lows and are often amplified at the boards without filters in place. Not all studios are soundproofed enough to minimized ULF from the outside world, especially as home studios become more and more common. Bass can become exaggerated if recorded in the corner of a room. Bands playing on suspended wood floors and moving as they play can create ULF... so can mics getting bumped and/moved.

Many studios run small monitors and for those that use dedicated subwoofers, they are often are smaller ported units were ULF happens to go unnoticed.

On the intentional side on things, most modern music is ran through a computer nowadays and is tinkered/tweaked long before we even hear. Things such as EQ boosting, level boosting, DSP effects, slowing, added sine waves, sampling of warped records and high levels of compression etc. Many of those things can (and still are) done in the analog realm before anyone corrects me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
^ nice graph!

Would love to see more 20-30hz LFE.
In case you missed it, I have a bunch of recommendations centered around 20Hz in from a past post. Check the spoiler below BTW: I'll post a few more shortly.

Spoiler!

post #999 of 1084 Old 01-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

@bgtighe23 I'll add a few more songs with 20-25hz range as strong 30Hz content is far too easy.

Put it Down (Violent J, Jamie Madrox & Blaze Ya Dead Homie)

NOTE: This ^ is off Insane Clown Posse's "Featuring Freshness". This is can also found on "Psychopathics from Outer Space Part 3" but you'll want to avoid it as there's significant difference at 20Hz

Insane Clown Posse - Murder Gone Wrong

Twiztid - Serial Killa (feat. Tech N9ne)

Midaircondo - Sorry
Spoiler!

Tech N9ne - My Haiku-Burn the World (feat. Krizz Kaliko)

Yelawolf - Best Friend (feat. Eminem)

Riff Raff - How to Be the Man (Houston Remix) (feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall)

Anne Bisson - Us and Them [Pink Floyd cover]
Spoiler!

Last edited by saginawjuggalo; 01-31-2016 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Updated dead link.
post #1000 of 1084 Old 01-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
BTW, iTunes has the same name for the Artist as well. Took me a while to find a couple songs that were not under Basstronics.
I'm guessing it's Bassotronics birth name.. Who knows

post #1001 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
I found this in Spotify in an album called Bass from Hell, Vol 1 by Senhor de Baixo, but turns out it's by Basstronics, or is it the other way 'round? I found some leaks in my sub with it though that needed some screws tightened down.

https://youtu.be/65xu66gXRlM

I found this album on Tidal last night. After my wife fell asleep on the couch I decided it was a good time to try it out on my music-only system (Ascend Sierra-2’s crossed at 80hz to a 12” sealed Rythmik)

About midway into track 3 I got a text from my wife asking if I realized I was shaking the whole house. The items on the end table next toher on the couch were vibrating and woke her up. Ha! Crazy low stuff on this album. My music setup is in my finished basement, which is an open floorplan of approx. 1,700ft.2. For a 370watt, single sealed 12” sub I’d say that is pretty good!
post #1002 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Rita Ora f Iggy Azalea Black Widow

Blu-ray : 340
post #1003 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for all of those. I like some rap music, but not too much.

When I originally made the comment about that nice graph and wishing there was more 20-30hz bass, it was for that particular song Basstronics - The End of My Life is You.

I think I've now got most of your posts from the last few pages with this and similar genres of music.

post #1004 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for all of those. I like some rap music, but not too much.

When I originally made the comment about that nice graph and wishing there was more 20-30hz bass, it was for that particular song Basstronics - The End of My Life is You.

I think I've now got most of your posts from the last few pages with this and similar genres of music.
Gotcha, it's the lopsided bass huh? Oh course I dig that... No surprise seeing as I've posted my share of bass that leans back audibly but comes back with ULF authority. I should put up warnings.. Oh wait, I do with Audacity graphs haha. I find it hard to get excited over common bass most can play. The thrill of finding ultra low content is far more exciting as it's uncommon (despite how common it looks here).

As for similar genres, I post whatever graphs well. I'm genre neutral when it comes to good bass. I try mixing it up genres whenever I can in hopes that people may find something they like musically. I've recently posted genres including Jazz, Acoustic, Metal, Pipe Organ and a while back I posted Country, those were all due to ULF. I'll *try* posting Hip-Hop/Rap less frequently even if the graphs are less impressive... no promises lol

Last edited by saginawjuggalo; 01-07-2016 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Browser freezing/crashing errr
post #1005 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Although this may not be the best song in the world, justin timberlakes "spaceship coupe" has a strange deep bass rolloff that is pretty cool. Makes my walls flex pretty good at loud levels.
Good recommendation. I was just about to post this, so props to you. I'll post a graph/video along with another song from Timberlake's 20/20 album.

Justin Timberlake - Spaceship Coupe

Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z)

^ I think I just broke my promise of less Hip-Hop
bimmaguy likes this.

post #1006 of 1084 Old 01-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
I'm no expert in studio recording, but from my understanding many things can factor in such as daily ULF that many people are sometimes oblivious of (trains, traffic, window ACs, wind turbines, high winds, "The Hum" etc) and further Mic'd recordings can pick up on those lows and are often amplified at the boards without filters in place. Not all studios are soundproofed enough to minimized ULF from the outside world, especially as home studios become more and more common. Bass can become exaggerated if recorded in the corner of a room. Bands playing on suspended wood floors and moving as they play can create ULF... so can mics getting bumped and/moved.

Many studios run small monitors and for those that use dedicated subwoofers, they are often are smaller ported units were ULF happens to go unnoticed.

On the intentional side on things, most modern music is ran through a computer nowadays and is tinkered/tweaked long before we even hear. Things such as EQ boosting, level boosting, DSP effects, slowing, added sine waves, sampling of warped records and high levels of compression etc. Many of those things can (and still are) done in the analog realm before anyone corrects me.
It makes sense if a studio isn't set up 100% I can imagine sounds creeping in.
So true, music of yore on original CD's, or other older recordings have a different sound to them. I listen to a lot of older country on my pandora and the elder Hank Williams, George Jones, even Willie and his pals have a different sound. I will admit, I pretty much detest the rap "country". I'm not a big rap fan but at least Eminem is a catchy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FGL.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1170394  

Stereo Noob, Sherbourn SR-120 pushing 5ch Arx/Chane. 2nd Gen JTR 218HT prototype
post #1007 of 1084 Old 01-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The elders - Fabian almazan
post #1008 of 1084 Old 01-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Advanced Member

North Mississippi Allstars & Anders Osborne - Lonely Love

I'm guessing the lo-fi and pumped up bass were intentional.

post #1009 of 1084 Old 01-09-2016, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Good recommendation. I was just about to post this, so props to you. I'll post a graph/video along with another song from Timberlake's 20/20 album.

^ I think I just broke my promise of less Hip-Hop
I don't dislike all rap

I was actually playing this very loudly earlier today

Can I request a graph for this song? It's nothing fancy, but it's got me curious - Sister Rust by Damon Albarn

post #1010 of 1084 Old 01-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't dislike all rap
Good, otherwise you'll hate some of my upcoming posts lol. I'd be depriving a lot of bassheads without Rap

Quote:
Can I request a graph for this song? It's nothing fancy, but it's got me curious - Sister Rust by Damon Albarn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_en0rZ_hrU
Sure, no problem.
Spoiler!

Last edited by saginawjuggalo; 01-15-2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Cleaning things up a bit with spoiler tags.
post #1011 of 1084 Old 01-10-2016, 12:43 AM
Advanced Member

Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4Eva mixtape

Spoiler!

Big K.R.I.T. - Dreamin

Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub

bimmaguy likes this.

post #1012 of 1084 Old 01-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Krumelur [Trance ULF]

It's a shame that Audacity limits readings to the first 237.8 seconds, who knows what I'm missing graph wise? The only way I know around the limit is quite tedious. Take notice of the runtimes and how hot the ULF is, you guys shouldn't have any trouble warming up amps/coils by the time one of these songs are done.

Krumelur - Warm Swarm

Krumelur - What Do You Think

Krumelur - Nuts

Krumelur - Minimal Animal

Bonus graphs
Spoiler!

post #1013 of 1084 Old 01-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Trick Trick - The Villain Intro

post #1014 of 1084 Old 01-14-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's a shame that Audacity limits readings to the first 237.8 seconds, who knows what I'm missing graph wise? The only way I know around the limit is quite tedious. Take notice of the runtimes and how hot the ULF is, you guys shouldn't have any trouble warming up amps/coils by the time one of these songs are done.

Do you have these graphed by any chance?

BTW, Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 10.49.09 AM.png
Views:	537
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1184034  

post #1015 of 1084 Old 01-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you have these graphed by any chance?

BTW, Thanks
I actually had Krumelur's Big Troublems pre-done. Both in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler!

post #1016 of 1084 Old 01-22-2016, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 148
If anybody'd be willing to try it, I'd love to hear your feedback on some Infected Mushroom:

http://infected-mushroom.com/music/

Album, B.P. Empire, 1st Song - Never Ever Land

post #1017 of 1084 Old 01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

NOTE: Spectrum plot was took from Madchild's "The Mad Child EP". This is can also found on his "Dope Sick" album, unfortunately it's 5db down at 11Hz and surrounding frequencies are obviously affected. Things get even more reduced ULF-wise with the YouTube video that happens to be down almost 7db at 11Hz.

Madchild - The Mad Child EP - 06 - Wake Up

bimmaguy likes this.

post #1018 of 1084 Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Gorilla Zoe - Crack Muzik (This That Muzik) (feat. Jody Breeze)

post #1019 of 1084 Old 01-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mélissa Laveaux - Games of Unrest

post #1020 of 1084 Old 01-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
If anybody'd be willing to try it, I'd love to hear your feedback on some Infected Mushroom:

http://infected-mushroom.com/music/

Album, B.P. Empire, 1st Song - Never Ever Land

I posted it a while back and it's a beast. Infected Mushroom's "Spaniard" has a similar beat and even grafts similarly.

Quote:
https://youtu.be/cNpLXuO1j1c
Infected Mushroom - Never Ever Land [Usable 15Hz content]

Infected Mushroom - Spaniard

Jonas2 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page