The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 370 - AVS Forum
First ... 368  369  370 371  372  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
Torqdog's Avatar Torqdog 03:19 PM 10-13-2013
Just got in from seeing Gravity. I wouldn't classify this as a bass heavy flick but the use of surround channels is superb, especially the front height channels. One of the better mixes I've heard in some time.

Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 03:25 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Am glad I passed on it due to low imdb score.
Don't know if you have seen the smartphone app Flickster with rotten tomatoes. Great app for buying blu rays and even shows up coming DVDs and in the theater reviews. A must have app for all movie info. shows user and critic reviews. I take it into the store and search movies while I am shopping.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movies-by-flixster-rotten/id284235722?mt=8
Slingblayde's Avatar Slingblayde 04:15 PM 10-13-2013
Just finished watching WWZ in 3D, and wow, was that grenade scene awesome, I have played it like 5 times now. The neighbors must be wondering why their dishes are rattling in their cupboards. The chopper crash just after the grenade is pretty awesome also. I cant even imagine what those scenes are going to sound like with a couple Triax's. eek.gif

Just an FYI, the grenade scenes start at 1:05:20 into the movie, in Chapter 9, and the chopper crash is at 1:07:00 mark.
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 04:38 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

J. I cant even imagine what those scenes are going to sound like with a couple Triax's. eek.gif
I will let you know on Tuesday biggrin.gif
Slingblayde's Avatar Slingblayde 04:54 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I will let you know on Tuesday biggrin.gif

JEALOUS!! ;-)
wth718's Avatar wth718 05:55 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

After earth tonight. Supposed to be great ulf. Lets hope i can beat the movie. Imho cant br as bad as B:LA

LMAO. B:LA is a cinematic masterpiece in comparison to AE. Not even close. AE is that bad.
MemX's Avatar MemX 05:55 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

IIRC WWZ fx were predubed at Technicolor, the show did the final mix in the UK.

Anna has been at Tech Hollywood for almost two years... as I am now. cool.gif

(I'm am so lucky, and thrilled, to be mixing my first project since I arrived with her.smile.gif)

Before that she was based out of Fox... she was never a staff mixer at Skywalker.
Good stuff! smile.gif

I hope you are able to push the ULF-tard agenda if it's at all possible wink.gifbiggrin.gif lol
Toe's Avatar Toe 06:41 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

LMAO. B:LA is a cinematic masterpiece in comparison to AE. Not even close. AE is that bad.

Definitely!
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 06:48 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:

After earth tonight. Supposed to be great ulf. Lets hope i can beat the movie. Imho cant br as bad as B:LA

Where did you hear such blasphemy?
lovinthehd's Avatar lovinthehd 07:11 PM 10-13-2013
Part of getting the best bass in film is being willing to take one for the team in case the movie itself sucks. Grenade scene in WWZ was almost worth the rental but not really as in the end it was a pretty lame zombie flick (even with better production values than most). Then again outside of the original low budget masterpiece from Romero, all zombie flicks suck out of necessity since its such a lame concept. Not sure which is worse, vampires or zombies. smile.gif
mo949's Avatar mo949 07:15 PM 10-13-2013
Oblivion was music to my ears the other night. Amazing dynamics blended in with tremendous low end! Wish they treated all blurays with that kind of respect for the sound.
lovinthehd's Avatar lovinthehd 07:44 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Just got in from seeing Gravity. I wouldn't classify this as a bass heavy flick but the use of surround channels is superb, especially the front height channels. One of the better mixes I've heard in some time.

Bass aside, which format did you see? Am going to the 3d/Atmos version at AMC's Metreon in SF this coming week. Thought about the big format 3d Imax same theater but thought I'd try Atmos for the first time instead.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 08:28 PM 10-13-2013
Ok. AE was pretty bad. But id say it was as bad as B;LA. That movie was horrendous

But as far as bass goes battle wins hands down

AE was just boring with no story line.
raynist's Avatar raynist 09:43 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:

Ok. AE was pretty bad. But id say it was as bad as B;LA. That movie was horrendous

But as far as bass goes battle wins hands down

AE was just boring with no story line.

Finished AE this evening. I didn't hate it, but there wasn't really anything to get exited about. Will Smith's son wasn't a very good actor and there wasn't as much action as I was expecting.

Either Pacific Rim or WWZ is next after I pick up my Triax's on Tuesday.
Slingblayde's Avatar Slingblayde 10:15 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Finished AE this evening. I didn't hate it, but there wasn't really anything to get exited about. Will Smith's son wasn't a very good actor and there wasn't as much action as I was expecting.

Either Pacific Rim or WWZ is next after I pick up my Triax's on Tuesday.

WWZ with those Triax's is going to detonate your house with the grenade scene. tongue.gif
Torqdog's Avatar Torqdog 11:08 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Bass aside, which format did you see? Am going to the 3d/Atmos version at AMC's Metreon in SF this coming week. Thought about the big format 3d Imax same theater but thought I'd try Atmos for the first time instead.
Our local theater here in Carson City isn't anything special though it is all digital and is a fairly new theater. The sound system is better than average. I'm sure you are gonna love seeing this in Atmos if it's as good as they say it is.
landshark1's Avatar landshark1 09:04 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

WWZ with those Triax's is going to detonate your house with the grenade scene. tongue.gif
+1 eek.gif
popalock's Avatar popalock 09:47 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemX View Post

Good stuff! smile.gif

I hope you are able to push the ULF-tard agenda if it's at all possible wink.gifbiggrin.gif lol

biggrin.gif
Dave_6's Avatar Dave_6 09:56 AM 10-14-2013
My PB-13 Ultra seemed to enjoy the WWZ grenade scene! Not a bad movie either IMO. I'm pretty excited to watch Pacific Rim tomorrow night though, even if it is filtered some. The sound was too low when I saw it in the theater.

This thread is reminding me that I need to re watch Oblivion tonight! Still tempted to buy OHF with all the praise it's sound track is getting.
MemX's Avatar MemX 10:44 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

biggrin.gif
hahahahaha, genius biggrin.gif
wse's Avatar wse 11:48 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

biggrin.gif

Cool how did you do this? I have the same remote do you basically change the settings for each?

wse's Avatar wse 11:49 AM 10-14-2013

Iron Man 3 where is the Bass?  What a disappointment :(

wse's Avatar wse 11:50 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post........Still tempted to buy OHF with all the praise it's sound track is getting.

OHF ?

Cowboys's Avatar Cowboys 11:51 AM 10-14-2013
^^ Olympus has fallen- good movie, awesome deep loud bass
wse's Avatar wse 11:55 AM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

^^ Olympus has fallen- good movie, awesome deep loud bass

Yes I liked it is it rated a 5 star in LFE

bao01's Avatar bao01 12:30 PM 10-14-2013
OHF - good sound effects, terrible movie (script etc)
bao01's Avatar bao01 12:31 PM 10-14-2013
I am late to the party - who loved Looper sound effects???
I have not measured but i thought soundtrack was 5 star!!!
bao01's Avatar bao01 12:38 PM 10-14-2013
Possibly dumb question:
If a movie like Tron has good (5 star) LF sound effects, does that also include the music score?
If I buy the Tron soundtrack CD (Daft Punk i think), would it go down to 20 Hz like movie?
I am not sure what CDs are supposed to go down to: 20 Hz or even less?
Same question for movie scores like Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer), Gladiator etc

thanks
Dave_6's Avatar Dave_6 01:12 PM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

I am late to the party - who loved Looper sound effects???
I have not measured but i thought soundtrack was 5 star!!!

Yes, Looper is awesome IMO.
Mrkazador's Avatar Mrkazador 01:52 PM 10-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao01 View Post

Possibly dumb question:
If a movie like Tron has good (5 star) LF sound effects, does that also include the music score?
If I buy the Tron soundtrack CD (Daft Punk i think), would it go down to 20 Hz like movie?
I am not sure what CDs are supposed to go down to: 20 Hz or even less?
Same question for movie scores like Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer), Gladiator etc

thanks

I know on the Tron Legacy Sound Track that Disc Wars has strong content at 20hz.

Tags: The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
First ... 368  369  370 371  372  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop