The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 394 - AVS Forum
First ... 392  393  394 395  396  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
Tom C's Avatar Tom C 05:57 PM 11-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

Man, I just saw ohf. Man, seriously intense bass. I haven't fit my gut shook continuously like that in a while. 6 stars.

I watched it a couple of nights ago. It's kind of like this: G44

On lousy days I put something like OHF on and I'm grinning ear to ear. biggrin.gif Those vibrations seem to have a soothing effect.

kemiza's Avatar kemiza 06:10 PM 11-09-2013
6 stars? Uh oh!
Oklahoma Wolf's Avatar Oklahoma Wolf 08:29 PM 11-09-2013
Pacific Rim rental DVD - four stars even. Wanted more extension than there was. I'm still buying this movie, though.
buddhamus's Avatar buddhamus 10:27 PM 11-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Yes......XT32'd but am not running the OSs hot at all. Then I've used Omni Mic to measure total response and have nice response below 20.

Hmmm, could be a difference the way it sounds on a horn loaded sub vs sealed.

I know ported subs don't sound great to me on ULF's. Haven't heard a horn sub though!. Maybe someone on here could chime in with some more insight.
datranz's Avatar datranz 11:01 PM 11-09-2013
biggrin.gif
Reddig's Avatar Reddig 11:14 PM 11-09-2013
Just rented Cloud Atlas on BD from Redbox. Any graphs up for it?
Roger Dressler's Avatar Roger Dressler 02:00 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post

I watched it a couple of nights ago. It's kind of like this: G44

On lousy days I put something like OHF on and I'm grinning ear to ear. biggrin.gif Those vibrations seem to have a soothing effect.
What's OFH?
lovinthehd's Avatar lovinthehd 02:23 AM 11-10-2013
OFH I'm not sure, but OHF is Olympus Has Fallen....tongue.gif
bestgochens's Avatar bestgochens 04:39 AM 11-10-2013

good,I have heard in any movie. Also you do need to add Percy Jackson and the Olympians to the 5 star list. Other than that it is a very good list.thanks for your sharing.

8.gif

popalock's Avatar popalock 05:54 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:

Yes......XT32'd but am not running the OSs hot at all. Then I've used Omni Mic to measure total response and have nice response below 20.

Not running the OS hot at all? No house curve? Not even the "THX" recommended +10db LFE bump?

This is your OS:

This is your OS calibrated flat:

KevinH's Avatar KevinH 08:01 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Not running the OS hot at all? No house curve? Not even the "THX" recommended +10db LFE bump?

This is your OS:

This is your OS calibrated flat:

Haha. No I haven't touched anything after running Audyssey. I could bump up the sub trims 2-3 each...just haven't felt the need to.......yet. wink.gif
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 08:59 AM 11-10-2013
A
Quote:

Haha. No I haven't touched anything after running Audyssey. I could bump up the sub trims 2-3 each...just haven't felt the need to.......yet. wink.gif
after just getting xt32 and audyssey cal. I noticed with REW i needed to bump up the sub 4db. Sounds awesome!!
KevinH's Avatar KevinH 09:24 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

A
after just getting xt32 and audyssey cal. I noticed with REW i needed to bump up the sub 4db. Sounds awesome!!

I leave Dynamic EQ on right now, but for those w/ Audyssey and running their subs hot, do you still leave Dynamic EQ on for when listening below ref, or do you turn it off full time?
cr136124's Avatar cr136124 10:32 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:

I leave Dynamic EQ on right now, but for those w/ Audyssey and running their subs hot, do you still leave Dynamic EQ on for when listening below ref, or do you turn it off full time?

My understanding on Dynamic EQ is that it will boost bass when you are listening at low volume, but once you start cranking the volume up, D EQ is not actually engaged.

In my case, I originally set D EQ off and I was running the subs hot. Later, I decided to turn D EQ on and let the subs at the levels calculated by Audyssey.

As many thing is in Audio and Video, IMHO is just a matter of personal preferences. I'm happy with this result, but perhaps tomorrow I'll change my mind.........tongue.gif
ambesolman's Avatar ambesolman 11:22 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:

I leave dynamic eq off and run +6 hot. Dynamic eq sounds awful in my room. The bass from the sub sounds very boomy and hollow at any volume, but worse when turned up.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 11:24 AM 11-10-2013
Same here. dynamic Eq off for me
cr136124's Avatar cr136124 11:43 AM 11-10-2013
Quote:

Same here. dynamic Eq off for me

That is Ok Brian...........nobody is perfect!

tongue.gif
mo949's Avatar mo949 12:10 PM 11-10-2013
I thought most receivers automatically applied the +10db LFE bump regardless of audyssey.
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 12:12 PM 11-10-2013
I did experiment running dynamic eq off in my room and the bass did sound "cleaner" but it lost the output frown.gif I keep dyn eq on at ref level 5db.

Guess it's time for new subs biggrin.gif
BrolicBeast's Avatar BrolicBeast 12:19 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:

When my general listening volume was around -15db, I kept Dynamic EQ on while running my subs hot.  Once I started to listen at reference volume, I turned it off because I didn't need it anymore.  I think the higher the master volume is set, the less Dynamic EQ has to alter the signal. 

nube's Avatar nube 03:03 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

What's OFH?

Roger,

I created a list of many common bass movie acronyms for that very question - it's linked in my signature. If you have signatures turned off, you can find it at this link:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1333462/the-new-master-list-of-bass-in-movies-with-frequency-charts/9780#post_23651174

I try to keep it updated with the most common bass movie acronyms I see, but if you have suggestions, I'll consider adding them. smile.gif
Roger Dressler's Avatar Roger Dressler 03:21 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Roger,

I created a list of many common bass movie acronyms for that very question - it's linked in my signature.
You've topped my AVS Hero of the Day list! Thank you for resolving OHF, and for saving me from more headscratching in future. smile.gif
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 03:28 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

That is Ok Brian...........nobody is perfect!

tongue.gif
Ha! I just realized w my new denon that it had dynamic eq in and it sounds fantastic!! So i guess i am perfect lmao!!

Xt32 is amazing!
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 03:32 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

I leave dynamic eq off and run +6 hot. Dynamic eq sounds awful in my room. The bass from the sub sounds very boomy and hollow at any volume, but worse when turned up.
Yep, same here, Dynamic EQ off and I am running +7
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 04:03 PM 11-10-2013
Help decide tonights movie rewatch...

OHF OR dredd?
Cowboys's Avatar Cowboys 04:16 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:

Xt32 is amazing!
and you came from XT? Can you elaborate 'amazing'? What is the things you notice? Thanks.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 04:19 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

and you came from XT? Can you elaborate 'amazing'? What is the things you notice? Thanks.

Yes came from XT. Super flat response.

And ot really tamed any reflections i had. Much crisper details. Zero musdyness

Just sounds like a higher end sound
Cowboys's Avatar Cowboys 04:23 PM 11-10-2013
^^are you getting all of that going from XT to XT32? Are you using a miniDSP or similar on top of XT32? Do you notice your speakers sound better too? Between Dredd and OHF, try OHF first.
nube's Avatar nube 05:23 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:

Help decide tonights movie rewatch...

OHF OR dredd?

I vote Dredd. Neither are Oscar winners, but Dredd is the better movie. Barely.
jlpowell84's Avatar jlpowell84 05:26 PM 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

I didn't know they recommended +10? I run my dual submersives +3 and scenes like the super lycan or the Hulk final fight are RIDICULOUS! I couldn't imagine +10 though, that would be way too much and way overbalanced after Audyssey. I will say I have to turn up after Audyssey even with my house curve and dynamic EQ on. Movies +3 and music is +6-9...

Quote:

Quote:

A

Dynamic EQ has ZERO effect at reference. It is a sliding scale per volume. Imagine a flat line horizontally, then imagine a line creating an acute triangle that at reference is flat but the farther it goes back to the left it drops. That is dynamic EQ. I couldn't imagine not using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

When my general listening volume was around -15db, I kept Dynamic EQ on while running my subs hot.  Once I started to listen at reference volume, I turned it off because I didn't need it anymore.  I think the higher the master volume is set, the less Dynamic EQ has to alter the signal. 

You could just leave it on because like I said no effect at reference. But if you want some quieter subtle music while you sit down and check emails or surf AVS and have it at -30 or whatever below you would want it.

I run dual submersives +3db hot, dynamic EQ on and a rising house curve to 30hz then flat on back to the singles...

Tags: The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
First ... 392  393  394 395  396  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop