The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 502 - AVS Forum
First ... 500  501  502 503  504  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
Tack's Avatar Tack 02:47 PM 02-25-2014
Slightly OT but a lot of you really seem to like the storm effects in AIL. Years back we had a thread on thunder sounds and I still have this site bookmarked.

Obviously this works better for those with HTPCs but I believe you can download the WAV files for free.

Some of these are really well done and have a lot of DR so start out low!

freesound.org/thunder

ambesolman's Avatar ambesolman 02:49 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post

. Being stranded in the ocean is nightmare fodder for me so I was pretty gripped by the movie. Open Water is another one that does that to me too.

Ditto. Wanted to watch Open Water, but I like to scuba dive occasionally. So that's out.
Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 03:06 PM 02-25-2014
Well, I watched as much of BHD as I could make it through. I did get to watch the Irene scene. I'm not flat to 20hz nor calibrated by REW. I did feel the LFE and some shaking was going on.
ambesolman's Avatar ambesolman 06:00 PM 02-25-2014
Bought AL:VH for $7 today and thought it was pretty good. Had some good bass throughout I felt coincided with the action well.

My buddy dragged me along to MovieStop since he was getting me his "deal" for Thor 2, though just the 3d disk in a nonfactory case, it was $6! Got $10 off Gravity 3d, Hobbit 3d combo for $15 and Cloverfield for $7, both used. Plus an extra 10% off of each I bought since I decided to join.

If you like your blurays on the cheap and don't mind buying used, check them out. Think I'm going to start going through the DVDs we never watch and start trading them in.
Ray77085's Avatar Ray77085 06:44 PM 02-25-2014
OK,
What are we waiting on ?? Let's hear some thoughts on THOR-2 !!! I don't have the blu ray yet and I have a driver issue with one on my subs.mad.gif
Mrkazador's Avatar Mrkazador 07:02 PM 02-25-2014
I thought Thor 2 had the same response as Thor 1?
Follz20's Avatar Follz20 07:31 PM 02-25-2014
Yep, pretty much, but with even less content under 30hz.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 08:22 PM 02-25-2014
Just finished Gravity and what a bass monster it is.

There is some wicked ~20hz action in a few parts. Specifically, I'd like to see the sequence charted when they are first radioed that the Russian satellite has been hit. At that point a strong sustained ~20hz content goes on for about a minute or so somewhat pulsing in and out. Obviously part of the score. Pretty cool!

Several other parts too! Some parts that were real strong, deep but short. Quite literally blowing my hair back. Tons of fun! biggrin.gif
sputter1's Avatar sputter1 08:28 PM 02-25-2014
"Literally blowing my hair back"? Really? Lol
bear123's Avatar bear123 08:28 PM 02-25-2014

Gravity is on my list for tomorrow's flick.  Is it a movie the whole family can watch?  10 and up?

bear123's Avatar bear123 08:30 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Just finished Gravity and what a bass monster it is......
.....Quite literally blowing my hair back. Tons of fun! biggrin.gif

This is how you know when you have enough subwoofer!

Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 08:36 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Pfft, no. I still have to do the back of the room.

You know.... so they can blow my hair back into place. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Lol, yes really! I would never exaggerate in this thread. Well, I guess I could but that doesn't help anyone.

I doubt my hair actually got "blown back" but there was a deep transient or two that did give my hair quite a shake. MKtheater knows what I am on about. cool.gif
mumps's Avatar mumps 09:01 PM 02-25-2014
Well, just finished Thor 2, and I can say this...

The upstairs resident came pounding on their floor for me to turn it down. Twice.

They didn't do that when I watched Ender's Game. At all.

Chris
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 09:35 PM 02-25-2014
I'm picking up Gravity 3D tomorrow. It'll be a good movie for me and the wife on Friday. Good to hear it had a little bass in it as well.
Toe's Avatar Toe 09:58 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:

Pfft, no. I still have to do the back of the room.

You know.... so they can blow my hair back into place. biggrin.gif
Lol, yes really! I would never exaggerate in this thread. Well, I guess I could but that doesn't help anyone.

I doubt my hair actually got "blown back" but there was a deep transient or two that did give my hair quite a shake. MKtheater knows what I am on about. cool.gif

Thanks for the Gravity report. Looking forward to it whenever my 3d rental arrives (next week from the looks of it).

I get the hair movement at times even with my relatively humble sub setup. cool.gif My question is what frequency causes the hair movement? I wonder this every time it happens, but have never actually tried to find out.

Watched Rush tonight. Great film and great overall audio. LFE supported the film well, but to me was nothing to write home about at the same time.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 09:59 PM 02-25-2014
Upper 20's probably. Obviously at high SPL level. This is key.
tvuong's Avatar tvuong 10:32 PM 02-25-2014
Watching Homefront now and it has some real good bass.
bass addict's Avatar bass addict 10:57 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:

You aren't familiar with Scott's system?

audiofan1's Avatar audiofan1 11:51 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

I thought Thor 2 had the same response as Thor 1?

That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned after just rewatching the first and gaining a new level of respect ! the addition of ELF down to 10hz along with solid 15-30hz ! Is something I must hear cool.gif
rhed's Avatar rhed 01:01 AM 02-26-2014
Can someone do a Spec-Lab graph on Thor 2? From 29:02 - 29:06 timeframe? There's something going on there. I got some seismic vibrations but nothing audioable.
Mrkazador's Avatar Mrkazador 03:07 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Can someone do a Spec-Lab graph on Thor 2? From 29:02 - 29:06 timeframe? There's something going on there. I got some seismic vibrations but nothing audioable.

popalock's Avatar popalock 03:47 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Scott's just a hippy with long hair that sits too close to his speakers..of course his hair is going to flail about.
GPBURNS's Avatar GPBURNS 03:59 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:

Upper 20's probably. Obviously at high SPL level. This is key.

In checking out the Gravity PvA there's a monster peak ay 27hZ - 120db !
has solid content down to 20hz - then drops off
looking forward to this one - know its going to sound great
rhed's Avatar rhed 09:43 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

Thanks Mrk.. I really thought there was something.
sojodave's Avatar sojodave 09:47 AM 02-26-2014
I watched Thor 2 and there are a few scenes that had good bass effect, but nothing demo worthy. I also thought the movie sucked.
stockmonkey2000's Avatar stockmonkey2000 10:07 AM 02-26-2014
Watched Gravity last night and ended up turning my subs down considerably. I started to get tired of the thumping sounds when they were in their suits. It really seemed to me that the bass levels were too high in comparison to the rest of the soundtrack. I do run my subs a bit hot but this was a whole different level.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 10:33 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post

In checking out the Gravity PvA there's a monster peak ay 27hZ - 120db !
has solid content down to 20hz - then drops off
looking forward to this one - know its going to sound great

That was probably it then. Nice catch, btw.

Reminds me of a similar bass transient from Phantom Menace during the podrace. There is a nice bass 'WHOOOOMP' when Anakin's pod flies by the camera in one part.

Way back when, me and my hippy hair really enjoyed that. tongue.gif
tvuong's Avatar tvuong 10:38 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:

Just finished Gravity and what a bass monster it is. Quite literally blowing my hair back. Tons of fun! biggrin.gif
I need to watch my 3D version of this. Wait, it will be 4D with the bass. I know it is subjective but how is the movie?
sputter1's Avatar sputter1 10:40 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

Quote:

You aren't familiar with Scott's system?

Ahh ok then. I figured he had a motion sensor setup in front of his sub attached to a fan. biggrin.gif
ambesolman's Avatar ambesolman 11:19 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:

Ahh ok then. I figured he had a motion sensor setup in front of his sub attached to a fan. biggrin.gif

I used to have a big fan blowing my gorgeous locks around when playing my drums in the basement in high school😁
Tags: The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
First ... 500  501  502 503  504  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop