The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 556 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #16651 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey.joe80 View Post

There's also a copy of Thor 2 I found that has modified bass.
Thor 2

25min

*Notice the large Amplitude blip at the bottom is not modified(overboosted)

I found these movies on the internet. Im curious how they came to be?
They are like a personalized house curve for each movie! A smart-curve so to speak. smile.gif

Like Amazon on the internet or some where else? What is the explanation here? It has me wondering if someone with the necessary software is loading the audio onto their computer then modifying it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16652 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 302
^ or it could be a different audio mix being leaked (theatrical maybe?).
post #16653 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

That's why we all have our individual tastes. biggrin.gif I'd rather watch B:LA 5 times before watching I, Frankenstein again. Better movie and MUCHHH better bass, IMO.

Yea I, Frankenstein is not the same as underworld movies and it has its moments that scream low budget. I guess I just noticed some things in Battlefield LA that just screamed a little louder in the cheesy department. I won't ever buy I, Frankenstein unless I see it in the 5-7 dollar bin. But yes we are all different. I also mentioned a long time ago that I think mood has a decent impact on our assessment of movies as well.

But hey, we always have the Super Lycan scene in Underworld awakening to fall back on!!! One of my fav's smile.gif
Toe likes this.
post #16654 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post

I Frankenstein was OK in the bass dept and nothing really dug deep to me. However Battle LA was slamming with bass and over all a better movie IMO.

I didn't think I, Frankenstein was anything special in the bass department but it had nice bass to accommodate the on screen action. And a few scenes in the beggining had my wife saying, "Yep this movie has bass!" Like the scene in the graveyard starting out where the demons attack him. Now Battlefield LA has better bass yes but I didn't feel it was anything special. I feel like I am defending Frankenstein and charging Battlefield LA lol! I mean I won't go back to BFLA for any demos and the bus scene is even on my demo disc. I will choose the known ones plus some of my favorite ones like WWZ and the Super Lycan scene. I prob still stand for the final fight scene in TIH as "maybe" tops. I just love the impact of the feet hitting the ground and the combination of upper and lower bass the graphs show. WOTW is pretty nuts too. A side note is I am still settling in on a final calibration and I may bump the sub trim up a little. It is a little lower than before. But also before with my mega crazy house curve watching scenes like WOTW and the Looper scene in the house with the kid would have me scrambling for the remote to turn it down the bass was so fearful! Now I am on the journey of keeping things impactful with my house curve but still able to play the mega scenes without volume changing.
Ray77085 and missyman like this.
post #16655 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 395
B:LA knocked my old projector off the shelf where it never happened before. I was watching the movie and the last battle scene where the aliens come out had me watching a blue screen while the action and sound was still going!
post #16656 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

I didn't think I, Frankenstein was anything special in the bass department but it had nice bass to accommodate the on screen action. And a few scenes in the beggining had my wife saying, "Yep this movie has bass!" Like the scene in the graveyard starting out where the demons attack him. Now Battlefield LA has better bass yes but I didn't feel it was anything special. I feel like I am defending Frankenstein and charging Battlefield LA lol! I mean I won't go back to BFLA for any demos and the bus scene is even on my demo disc. I will choose the known ones plus some of my favorite ones like WWZ and the Super Lycan scene. I prob still stand for the final fight scene in TIH as "maybe" tops. I just love the impact of the feet hitting the ground and the combination of upper and lower bass the graphs show. WOTW is pretty nuts too. A side note is I am still settling in on a final calibration and I may bump the sub trim up a little. It is a little lower than before. But also before with my mega crazy house curve watching scenes like WOTW and the Looper scene in the house with the kid would have me scrambling for the remote to turn it down the bass was so fearful! Now I am on the journey of keeping things impactful with my house curve but still able to play the mega scenes without volume changing.

Yep,
You are correct as there was nothing special about, I Frankenstein in the bass dept, but in comparison to the dry spell we have had as of late with movies with NO BASS it was OK. Battle LA was an OK movie overall as there are a lot worse in my opinion such as Frankenstein's Army ,Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I could watch Battle LA any day over those two. Battle LA clobbers , I Frankenstein in the bass dept, plain and simple.
My new DEMO is Pulse in the server room !! Nothing on the 5-star list has hit any harder than that scene on my system. biggrin.gif
post #16657 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

B:LA knocked my old projector off the shelf where it never happened before. I was watching the movie and the last battle scene where the aliens come out had me watching a blue screen while the action and sound was still going!

Dang !! You had the woofer and or woofers moving more than just air !! Ha ha !!
post #16658 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

Do you have ported subs? Because to me, some of the best aspects of B:LA are its really low lows. I didn't fully appreciate it until I got my transducers.
post #16659 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Yes, B:LA was the movie that had me install a ceiling mount, it hit the projector shelf resonance just right! I was also running 12 dBs hot at that time!

Here is a subjective way of knowing you have gained some low end to the bass. When I added my IB every time I run a bass heavy scene my wife calls me and says WTH are you doing! I am running the IB much flatter than any other system to before yet I get much more complaints. Success!
post #16660 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:

Yes, B:LA was the movie that had me install a ceiling mount, it hit the projector shelf resonance just right! I was also running 12 dBs hot at that time!

Here is a subjective way of knowing you have gained some low end to the bass. When I added my IB every time I run a bass heavy scene my wife calls me and says WTH are you doing! I am running the IB much flatter than any other system to before yet I get much more complaints. Success!

Nice...

i frankentstein was a goody movie but the bass was well placed at the ending scenes with all the destruction. I still think the bass needed to be more prominent for what they were trying to do onscreen though...

Blazar!
post #16661 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Saw Godzilla in 3d IMAX today. Really liked the movie even though there were a couple of moments where I just wanted it to move along. The audio was very good, so was the bass. There were a couple of times it seemed like it should've hit a little harder. Either way I recommend it and hope it's not filtered on bluray!
post #16662 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually I do remember the end scene with that mothership thing blowing up was quite nice. But one thing here I just remembered friends is that I was very sleepy that night and had "slightly" dozed off a couple times that night. And that I am still playing with the bass department calibration. I have run like a 17db house curve in the past that made the traditional scenes scary and make the house sound like it would cave in! Now I am still hot, like 8db I think, but still playing with it. I think I will change the PGM 2 feature on both of my Submersives which give a 3db bump below about 45hz.
post #16663 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep,
You are correct as there was nothing special about, I Frankenstein in the bass dept, but in comparison to the dry spell we have had as of late with movies with NO BASS it was OK. Battle LA was an OK movie overall as there are a lot worse in my opinion such as Frankenstein's Army ,Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I could watch Battle LA any day over those two. Battle LA clobbers , I Frankenstein in the bass dept, plain and simple.
My new DEMO is Pulse in the server room !! Nothing on the 5-star list has hit any harder than that scene on my system. biggrin.gif

Ok yea I forgot to check out pulse yet so here I come.
post #16664 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

Do you have ported subs? Because to me, some of the best aspects of B:LA are its really low lows. I didn't fully appreciate it until I got my transducers.

Dual Seaton Submersives (2400's).
post #16665 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

I'm surprised this is not talked about more. I had to do quite a bit of work as far as sorbothene feet, pads, toothpicks jammed in the lens shift, etc....just to get my 3d projector and picture to stay in place. My 2d JVC is mounted in the closet behind the HT and shoots through a hole in the wall, so it does not take nearly as much of an LFE hit, but even it needed sorbothene feet and I still need to tweak the lens shift at times after a big bass film. A motorized lens stays put MUCH better vs a manual lens I have found as well.

Battle LA is one of my favorites for LFE. Lots of great scenes, but that whole end section from when they first find the ship below ground until all the action stops is one of my favorite demos. cool.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #16666 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Don't know if you guys and gals have seen this before but it's pretty kewl. 24hz sine wave and a water hose.

http://youtu.be/uENITui5_jU

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #16667 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

So do you basically need the black market copy to get the movie with the bass it aught to have?! That would figure...

Maybe not. I believe I reproduced this Rebassing effect some time ago without fully realizing it. When i graphed the car chase scene from Jack Reacher. Little did i realize i had the normalizer on smile.gif

Jack Reacher rip played on Media Player Classsic HT Normalizer ON/OFF

So far each version I've graphed seems to have been boosted in a slightly different way. I'm still amazed to see how effortlessly the infrasonics are boosted.
mo949 likes this.
post #16668 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 248

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)

audiofan1 likes this.
post #16669 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok I just switched my Submersives back to PGM 2 and DAMN what a difference! I bumped the trim back down 1db on each. Tested the Battlefield LA scene in the bus and a full on assault back maddage was in place. TIH is just plain ridiculous!
post #16670 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)

Tried to give a heads up months back on this one and the movie was great as well the DC animation on blu rocks !
post #16671 of 17360 Old 05-20-2014, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1312
Quote:

Yep,

Oh yea Pulse server scene is amazing!!

Here is a short vid of that scene played on my system. I am using a rat shack digital c-weighted, so yea it reads low below 30hz. Obviously not near the sub system some of you have but it is decent. I ran REW RTA Thd analysis on a 20hz sine wave @ MV 0 and there was les then 7% thd, so this should be a fairly clean demo.

http://youtu.be/Nqy6_3fxOG4
Ray77085 likes this.
post #16672 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 01:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Does anybody have any graphs on Jurassic Park, particularly the Trex escape scene?

post #16673 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:

Ok yea I forgot to check out pulse yet so here I come.

Post your thoughts after doing so !!biggrin.gif
post #16674 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Oh yea Pulse server scene is amazing!!

Here is a short vid of that scene played on my system. I am using a rat shack digital c-weighted, so yea it reads low below 30hz. Obviously not near the sub system some of you have but it is decent. I ran REW RTA Thd analysis on a 20hz sine wave @ MV 0 and there was les then 7% thd, so this should be a fairly clean demo.

http://youtu.be/Nqy6_3fxOG4

Nice !! Pulse server scene is amazing/crazy !! biggrin.gif
post #16675 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey.joe80 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

So do you basically need the black market copy to get the movie with the bass it aught to have?! That would figure...

Maybe not. I believe I reproduced this Rebassing effect some time ago without fully realizing it. When i graphed the car chase scene from Jack Reacher. Little did i realize i had the normalizer on smile.gif

Jack Reacher rip played on Media Player Classsic HT Normalizer ON/OFF

So far each version I've graphed seems to have been boosted in a slightly different way. I'm still amazed to see how effortlessly the infrasonics are boosted.

The entire audio bandwidth is boosted when the normalizer is set to on. Not much different than turning up the audio level.
post #16676 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

Quote:

Actually I do remember the end scene with that mothership thing blowing up was quite nice. But one thing here I just remembered friends is that I was very sleepy that night and had "slightly" dozed off a couple times that night. And that I am still playing with the bass department calibration. I have run like a 17db house curve in the past that made the traditional scenes scary and make the house sound like it would cave in! Now I am still hot, like 8db I think, but still playing with it. I think I will change the PGM 2 feature on both of my Submersives which give a 3db bump below about 45hz.

That might explain it. Cuz unless your room is huge, you have plenty of firepower to fully appreciate B:LA.
post #16677 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 04:16 PM

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijotter View Post

Does anybody have any graphs on Jurassic Park, particularly the Trex escape scene?

Thanks to J_Palmer_Cass for the suggestion. You hit the nail right on the head. Never donned on me to try the maximize button.

T-Rex footstops / cup of water vibrates (01.02.00 - 01.03.00)

Where's the goat (1.03.10)

T-Rex breaks free (01.04.10 - 01.04.35)

T-Rex attacks kids (01.06.10 - 01.06.20)
mijotter likes this.
post #16678 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post

Thanks to J_Palmer_Cass for the suggestion. You hit the nail right on the head. Never donned on me to try the maximize button.

T-Rex footstops / cup of water vibrates (01.02.00 - 01.03.00)

Where's the goat (1.03.10)

T-Rex breaks free (01.04.10 - 01.04.35)

T-Rex attacks kids (01.06.10 - 01.06.20)

Looks safe enough to run small sats LARGE😳
post #16679 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 302
I'd imagine the laserdisc's AC3 mix would be a bit more aggressive in those same scenes wink.gif
post #16680 of 17360 Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM

Anybody have any more comments about Pompeii on Blu-ray and 3 Days to Kill on Blu-ray since being released on Tuesday ? Thinking about giving both a spin this weekend.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page