The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 579 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17341 of 17359 Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Prediction:

EOT goes down to at least 20Hz with authority...

The first 15-20 seconds of the opening scene I swear I heard the theater subs struggling... Sounded like they were trying, but...odd noises...

Going to be very interesting to see the charts.

Got my fingers crossed because I really liked the movie, but I'd probably make the purchase regardless of extension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
I seen the Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise at the local IMAX, that resetting of the day started to get a little long in the tooth, lol.
I was very conscious of this going into the movie, but I thought it did just enough to get the point across. I also noted SEVERAL opportunities for the director to be predictable, but I was kept guessing the whole time.

Also, the acting was on point and the plot/character development was nicely done as well.

Certified FRESH son!!!!
dsrussell likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17342 of 17359 Old 07-05-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
I have the blu-ray of "3 Days to Kill" and it's a surprising bass monster. When I saw it in the theater, the bass was decent, but nothing to write home about. The blu-ray was quite amazing. Will you like the movie? It's far too subjective to answer. Some people hated it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I felt "Lone Survivor" was an excellent movie, and it too is a bass monster.
I thought 3 Days to Kill had some decent bass in it as well. I also enjoyed the movie and thought it was well done.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17343 of 17359 Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Watched HTTYD2 at a Cinemark Nexgen theater (non-3d).

This theater is less than a year old, so I thought it would have the latest and great audio and video.

At this theater, is was a complete disappointment. The bass was non-existent!

I wonder if these theaters draw you in because they have the IMAX (XD) for a couple of movies where they have the state of the art sound and video, but scrimp on the rest of the theaters?

Very disappointed...good thing it was a good flick at least...
post #17344 of 17359 Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
"The first 15-20 seconds of the opening scene I swear I heard the theater subs struggling... Sounded like they were trying, but...odd noises..."

For a split second there I thought you were talking about your own theatre...... Got me excited! I thought "Hey if Popalocks theatre is struggling this is gonna be an awesome ride". Your subs don't struggle though do they? Looking forward to EOT after that review as well as Lone Survivor.

Watched Valkyrie tonight which had a couple of good scenes but not really worth watching for the bass. Bass didn't sound all that realistic if that's possible? It was loud enough but not very dynamic sort of monotone.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #17345 of 17359 Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
At this theater, is was a complete disappointment. The bass was non-existent!
Thanks dom!

I have been meaning to try this theater out...maybe not now!
post #17346 of 17359 Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe man View Post
Nothing special in bass on equilibrium what i remember, havent seen it years, good movie though.

Talkin about new transformers movie, this is going to be new reference bass movie in this year. The end scenes was insanity, like 10 minutes(or how long it lasted?) of fotp barrel roll pressuration or similar on that huge spaceship sucking metal. Sadly the movie blows, like the rest of series.
It definitely could be one of the best bass movies ever, but it's all going to depend on the blu-ray mixing. They could filter it at 30 hz like avengers or man of steel and just completely ruin it.
post #17347 of 17359 Old 07-07-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
Thanks dom!

I have been meaning to try this theater out...maybe not now!
If you do, don't bother with the side theaters. I bet the xd theater is good...or at least I hope!
post #17348 of 17359 Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Finally watched Robocop today. I actually enjoyed it much more than i thought i would. Similar to the original, but still a bit of a fresh take on it. Bass wise, it had some cool moments...nothing super spectacular though. On that note though, there were also some moments that the bass didn't seem to match what was going on in the scene, and a few "sloppy" bass moments that could have not been there as well. Overall, pretty cool flick though.
post #17349 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
Finally watched Robocop today. I actually enjoyed it much more than i thought i would. Similar to the original, but still a bit of a fresh take on it. Bass wise, it had some cool moments...nothing super spectacular though. On that note though, there were also some moments that the bass didn't seem to match what was going on in the scene, and a few "sloppy" bass moments that could have not been there as well. Overall, pretty cool flick though.

Only thing missing for me was the guy who got splattered after falling into the toxic waste[emoji22]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎
post #17350 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Prediction:

EOT goes down to at least 20Hz with authority...

The first 15-20 seconds of the opening scene I swear I heard the theater subs struggling... Sounded like they were trying, but...odd noises...

Going to be very interesting to see the charts.

Got my fingers crossed because I really liked the movie, but I'd probably make the purchase regardless of extension...

I was very conscious of this going into the movie, but I thought it did just enough to get the point across. I also noted SEVERAL opportunities for the director to be predictable, but I was kept guessing the whole time.

Also, the acting was on point and the plot/character development was nicely done as well.

Certified FRESH son!!!!
We went to the movies to see something, I forget what, but I heard constant bass coming from the theater next to us. I finally got up and walked out to see what was playing and it was EOT. Another movie was Godzilla. I am really looking forward to the fall, there is a nice lineup of movies that should be coming in by late August. I actually have skipped out on seeing allot of these movies because I will be buying them on release day. Looking forward to XMen, Edge of Tomorrow, Godzilla and HTTYD2. We seen HTTYD2 in the theater and it was ok, but the soundstage is so bad in out theater that I cannot tell if it was good or not. The movie was just OK.
post #17351 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 07:43 AM

The ENTIRE duration of days of future past all I could hear was bass coming from the theater beside me playing godzilla. DOFP had no bass, hopefully it's because it's lower than theaters can play
post #17352 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
The ENTIRE duration of days of future past all I could hear was bass coming from the theater beside me playing godzilla. DOFP had no bass, hopefully it's because it's lower than theaters can play
Our local theater here sucks for sound. They really need to get ahold the likes of Danley sound labs, JTR or Seaton sound and get some good speakers in there. You would really think that any theater would do everything possible to give an incredible theater experience and make you want to come back. My theater only made me want to build my own theater.
post #17353 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Our local theater here sucks for sound. They really need to get ahold the likes of Danley sound labs, JTR or Seaton sound and get some good speakers in there. You would really think that any theater would do everything possible to give an incredible theater experience and make you want to come back. My theater only made me want to build my own theater.
The sound of the theater is quite good, it's just that physics limits the bass so that 30 or 40 hz is about the lowest it can play. Godzilla probably has really loud 30 hz, which is quite hard to stop from leaking unless they build like 40 inch thick cement walls between the theaters.
post #17354 of 17359 Old 07-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
DOFP had no bass, hopefully it's because it's lower than theaters can play
i'm guessing this is the case, because in the theater that i saw DOFP you could tell there is some low stuff throughout the movie. it was an "ultra" theater, and i could sense some low end, it just wasn't very powerful. totally expected, but the fact i noticed anything at all tells me it should end up being a fantastic blu.
post #17355 of 17359 Old 07-10-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 403
If you've seen Beowulf, it needs some tiebreaker votes at Data-Bass.

Reefdvr27, didn't you say you were gonna vote on The Lego Movie? What'd you think of it? While I may have called the poll, it remains open for you to vote, so if the execution score or recommendation changes, we'll update it. No hanging chads, fixed recounts, Supreme Court decisions or voting improprieties here!
post #17356 of 17359 Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Any charts on Noah and Transcendence out there?

Deciding which to watch this weekend

Thanks
post #17357 of 17359 Old 07-10-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
I realize this is a "movie" thread, but I gotta pass this on...

I was watching the Smithsonian channel last nite, a show called "the elephant king"...a documentary.

when the elephants interacted they emitted a very low, guttural growl that vibrated the room...I looked and my MV was at -28.

I quickly cranked it up to -15 and it shook the room...VERY cool effect

i only use my buttkicker with my oppo player...but my suspended riser was vibrating!

I don't know if it was foley effect or the actual elephant vocal, but it was alotta fun!

I remember the belt-driven contra-bass being invented to mimic the elephant way back in the 90's I believe...

I can see why...

my subs don't do much below 16hz, so i imagine most of this energy was in the 20hz range...but it was strong

check this out if you get a chance
tboe77 likes this.
post #17358 of 17359 Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 427
I voted 5 for Beowulf. I watched it awhile back and the bass is huge. I also bought it sometime ago. Well worth it IMO.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17359 of 17359 Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 PM

Liked: 56
Beowulf a five for me too. Cool movie.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page