The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 580 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58

Personally, love the film and immensely entertained by it. Then again, I love everything from Darren Aronofsky. Fantastic soundtrack with satisfying activity in the rears. Bass is not quite as spectacular as the images suggest, but it's deep and palpable with a couple moments that hit below 30Hz effectively.

00.47.05 - 00.47.25

The Battle for the Ark

01.16.04 - 01.16.10

01.16.20 - 01.16.40

01.18.50 - 01.19.13

The Tidal Wave

01.20.18 - 01.21.15

M. Enois Duarte
High-Def Digest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post

Personally, love the film and immensely entertained by it. Then again, I love everything from Darren Aronofsky. Fantastic soundtrack with satisfying activity in the rears. Bass is not quite as spectacular as the images suggest, but it's deep and palpable with a couple moments that hit below 30Hz effectively.

00.47.05 - 00.47.25

The Battle for the Ark

01.16.04 - 01.16.10

01.16.20 - 01.16.40

01.18.50 - 01.19.13

The Tidal Wave

01.20.18 - 01.21.15
Enois,

Most of your pics aren't showing up.

Are you crediting maxmercy and Data-Bass.com with the measurements method on your paid review site HighDefDigest.com yet? As you know, maxmercy and Data-Bass.com don't make any money from this as it was purely an interesting and voluntary effort.

I would love to see that requested attribution & linkage to them on every graph you produce for the HighDefDigest.com commercial review site considering the personal instruction & tutorial you received, not to mention my multiple requests for this. You know what they say - it's the right thing to do.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
You DEFINITELY need to re watch Pulse! I has one of the best bass scene stowed the end whenever she's in the server room. It's repeated bass sweeps that're great. Just get it cheap and FF to that chapter, it's worth it!

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎
Which Pulse movie are you talking about? There are several with that title between 2001 and 2006 on Netflix. AND they're all horror movies!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 36
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454919/
SXRDISBEST likes this.

V.X.Donique
Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....
Creator of the AVScience DIY Speakers and Subwoofers Forum
"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory." -Bruce Lee
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXRDISBEST View Post
Which Pulse movie are you talking about? There are several with that title between 2001 and 2006 on Netflix. AND they're all horror movies!

Oh my. All of this time I thought that classification was for horrible movies!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Enois,

Most of your pics aren't showing up.

Are you crediting maxmercy and Data-Bass.com with the measurements method on your paid review site HighDefDigest.com yet? As you know, maxmercy and Data-Bass.com don't make any money from this as it was purely an interesting and voluntary effort.

I would love to see that requested attribution & linkage to them on every graph you produce for the HighDefDigest.com commercial review site considering the personal instruction & tutorial you received, not to mention my multiple requests for this. You know what they say - it's the right thing to do.

Unless eNoize uses charts taken direct from the Data-Bass site, he owes them nothing at all. There is nothing that is proprietary to charts shown on the Data-Bass.com site that anyone can not duplicate with their own settings and methods.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Answering several PMs asking for the methodology, technique, tips, and specific settings, I helped him start measuring and graphing this stuff. My only stipulation in helping him was that if he was going to use it on paid reviews, he need to give attribution of the method and technique to maxmercy and Data-Bass.com. I asked for nothing else, but I did request this multiple times.

Thusfar, there has been no attribution, which is why I made it public - the noncommercial creator of this methodology and technique is a part of the internet record for all to see, as is the Data-Bass.com database of these measurements, and any of their innovations should be properly attributed and credited.

It's a matter of character and integrity, both of which are in seemingly short supply these days.

Last edited by nube; 07-15-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Answering several PMs asking for the methodology, technique, tips, and specific settings, I helped him start measuring and graphing this stuff. My only stipulation in helping him was that if he was going to use it on paid reviews, he need to give attribution of the method and technique to maxmercy and Data-Bass.com. I asked for nothing else, but I did request this multiple times.

Thusfar, there has been no attribution, which is why I made it public - the noncommercial creator of this methodology and technique is a part of the internet record for all to see, as is the Data-Bass.com database of these measurements, and any of their innovations should be properly attributed and credited.

It's a matter of character and integrity, both of which are in seemingly short supply these days.

I thought that the Data-Bass site was designed to be a secret meeting place for the "objective movie bass" crowd?

Anyhow, I see nothing that M. Enois Duarte has authored at the High-Def Digest that is related to your "complaint". Do you have any link to back up your claim that any "attribution" is needed for anything that was posted at the Data-Bass site?

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/revi...r.html?page=53
Old 07-16-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok,

This pique my interest. I just went to the High-Def review site. So is eNoize using what he just posted here (Noah review) with graphs and all on that site? I'm still tooling around that site looking for the infringement, my apologies.

V.X.Donique
"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory." -Bruce Lee
Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.X.Donique View Post
Ok,

This pique my interest. I just went to the High-Def review site. So is eNoize using what he just posted here (Noah review) with graphs and all on that site? I'm still tooling around that site looking for the infringement, my apologies.

You will not find any "infingement" on that site, so you will have to look a long time.

A sample review with a rare FR chart:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/11863/pompeii.html
V.X.Donique likes this.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Ah, thanks. I thought I was going crazy.

V.X.Donique
Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Any graph of Rio 2 yet?

Seems like really low levels. Running at -10 right now and it sounds like most movies at -20.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Sabotage...very disappointed with the sound...almost NO bass!

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
Sabotage...very disappointed with the sound...almost NO bass!
The only bass in that movie was the intro.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Thank you for the link. Being this is a thread for Bass movies can you let us know which ones fit that criteria?

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub SVS PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
The only bass in that movie was the intro.
There was a little something when

Spoiler!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
I see the post above my last post has dissappered. It had a link for the Bollywood movie site. I'm hoping a Mod took it out as it did not pertain to this site and I thought it was strange it got posted on this thread.

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub SVS PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
Old 07-18-2014, 05:29 AM

Liked: 81
Live Free or Die Hard was full of bass highlights for me. Gave the Caps a good workout.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
Old 07-19-2014, 05:38 AM

Liked: 81
Wow is it the new site or has this thread gone quiet of late? Just watched Sherlock Holmes and thought the bass was great in it. Recommend. Must admit I've found adjusting to the new site slightly annoying.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ72 View Post
Wow is it the new site or has this thread gone quiet of late? Just watched Sherlock Holmes and thought the bass was great in it. Recommend. Must admit I've found adjusting to the new site slightly annoying.
I can't get used to the Klipsch forum on its website. Haven't posted there since the change.

Life without bass is not worth living.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Yup. Another factor is the usual summer lull, higher % of folks away from home and not in their usual routine.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Watched The Raid 2 last week. Pretty good movie and good bass. Nothing overwhelming but it was a fun ride.

Watched the new Robocop last night. A liked the movie quite a bit. It was better than I thought it was going to be going in. IMO it had a great all around sound track. Good bass in the right spots at the right time. One of the better soundtracks so far this year.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Old 07-19-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
I noticed as well, i'm not sure what it is as most of the bugs have been worked out . I'm just not as compelled for some reason, it's just lost that something that made it my favorite place to post
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
I noticed as well, i'm not sure what it is as most of the bugs have been worked out . I'm just not as compelled for some reason, it's just lost that something that made it my favorite place to post

+1[emoji22]

Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Need for Speed sounds pretty good to me, feels like it goes low.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Quote:
I've noticed the same thing. For me I haven't had as much time to post but when I do have time I often don't post because I find the new site a tad bit annoying. Really missing the old site.

I really like Sherlock Holmes for the movie itself and its bass as well.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I've noticed the same thing. For me I haven't had as much time to post but when I do have time I often don't post because I find the new site a tad bit annoying. Really missing the old site.

I really like Sherlock Holmes for the movie itself and its bass as well.

It's been pretty useless on safari, so I'm using tapatalk which hasn't been bad at all.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I agree with the above posters

A
Sabotage not much bass
Same with Rio 2

I watched transcendence and it had some spots of allot of bass

Same with need for speed
Old 07-21-2014, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Watched Mr.Brooks rated 4 stars here and was very disappointed with bass. There was one or two scenes with short gun shots. That was about it. It might be beneficial to have a 'movies with quantity bass' thread.

Last edited by tvuong; 07-21-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 166
yeah I have no idea why Mr. Brooks is even on here. It has a cool gun fight demo scene though, but doesn't belong on a list like this.

This thread's dead because barely any movies come out on blu-ray right now. Wait till September when summer movies start coming out and it will pick up again.
sooly1 likes this.

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr