The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 581 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17401 of 17404 Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 41
yeah I have no idea why Mr. Brooks is even on here. It has a cool gun fight demo scene though, but doesn't belong on a list like this.

This thread's dead because barely any movies come out on blu-ray right now. Wait till September when summer movies start coming out and it will pick up again.
sooly1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17402 of 17404 Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Any graph of Rio 2 yet?

Seems like really low levels. Running at -10 right now and it sounds like most movies at -20.
Glad someone else noticed this! The review on bluray.com gave the audio track a perfect score and was "reference quality" which was crazy to me. No bass! I literally thought my subwoofers were turned off or something was wrong with my set up. I had to stop the blu ray and put another movie in to make sure everything was working. I even thought maybe somehow I got a defective disc. It was if there was no LFE track, just a little bass from the crossover point until the very end with the bulldozers and even that wasn't impressive. It just let me know the bass sucked. I was very disappointed with the movie in the bass department. I know it's a kids movie, but that's no excuse to have no bass. Many animated films have superb bass.
post #17403 of 17404 Old Today, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
Glad someone else noticed this! The review on bluray.com gave the audio track a perfect score and was "reference quality" which was crazy to me. No bass! I literally thought my subwoofers were turned off or something was wrong with my set up. I had to stop the blu ray and put another movie in to make sure everything was working. I even thought maybe somehow I got a defective disc. It was if there was no LFE track, just a little bass from the crossover point until the very end with the bulldozers and even that wasn't impressive. It just let me know the bass sucked. I was very disappointed with the movie in the bass department. I know it's a kids movie, but that's no excuse to have no bass. Many animated films have superb bass.
I bailed on the movie pretty quickly, my wife and daughter watched the whole thing. I know overall the levels were low, not just the bass. I will have to watch it some time to see how the bass is.
post #17404 of 17404 Old Today, 11:17 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
Well, if the audio is limp, it should still impress from a visual standpoint at least which is what I am looking forward to most with this one from a technical perspective.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page