The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 596 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17851 of 17854 Old Today, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Sorry guys, too lazy to search...

How is Captain America for bass and overall sound? I'm having a movie night tonight and curious about what to expect. I sure hope that it isn't filtered at 30hz like Avengers was!!
Gotta rate CAP2 bass very, very highly and overall audio as well. Clean and powerful is a good way to describe it. Yet to see anyone comment negatively on this films much hyped credentials.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17852 of 17854 Old Today, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 76
^^ plus a very good movie also.
post #17853 of 17854 Old Today, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Yep! Bossobass noted this one a couple years ago, then maxmercy measured it, and it's an ABSOLUTE BASS MONSTER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

The only problem is, the sound mix is very poorly done in some respects because the whole thing is riddled with clipping, and it's seriously bad clipping.

But, if you can get over the bad sounds, it has a shitton of bass. Like, truckloads.
I did check out those links and was restricted from the clipping one. I guess it is probably fair to say that the phenomenon of clipping is not very well understood, particularly by me, but I'm trying to get a handle on it.

I assume from the link, it is a measureable deformation of the audio signal across all frequencies one's speaker produces? I have read, and nube here seems to confirm, that the presence of this phenomenon has audible consequences, referring to the effect as "bad sounds".

If someone might have access to the clipping graphic from PHANTOM, what are the associated time signatures? What type of distortion should one expect at those spots? What would cause this clipping to be present on the disc?

Thanks for any help.
post #17854 of 17854 Old Today, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ72 View Post
Gotta rate CAP2 bass very, very highly and overall audio as well. Clean and powerful is a good way to describe it. Yet to see anyone comment negatively on this films much hyped credentials.
Excellent movie overall with some great bass on BD. The bass on BD was a lot better than the Theater that I viewed CAWS at. Although in my opinion and on my set up it is not on par with the heavy hitters such as Underworld: Awakening, The Incredible Hulk (2008), Cloverfield(blu-ray).
But still a great film with great bass that is now part of my collection.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page