The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 598 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17911 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
I got to watch NFS last night. Yes indeed the soundtrack was good and had me ! To bad the video game of this movie I played back in the day did not sound this good.

I did know going into this that a story had to be thought up, for you can't just have racing cars and cops the whole movie or can you? IMO it was not as bad as I thought it may be. Loved seeing all the cars from the souped up muscle to the exotic.
Great !!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it !!
discone likes this.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17912 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline View Post
If you ever come across a Blu-Ray of any movie that has the words "Rental Copy" printed on it the sound will be neutered. I found that the every single "Rental Copy" disc (that I have come across) is pressed on a single layer 25gb disc instead of a the typical dual-layer 50GB discs used by most releases. To save space, the first thing they alter is the sound files since most people that rent don't have high end audio systems. Most of the time the rental copies don't even include the the HD verison of the audio at all and only include standard Dolby, or when they have the HD version it is usually more compressed.
I disagree. I get "Rental Copy" discs from Netflix all the time, and they have all had the full retail lossless HD mixes, with the only exceptions being Lionsgate films, which have the lossy encoding only.
Reddig likes this.
nube is offline  
post #17913 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I completely understand your point that you don't want to join another site for info. I don't even know why it is ethical for someone to constantly promote another site on this thread but maybe they have some agreement or sponsorship with AVS. I have to say it is somewhat annoying to me that some people act like it is our obligation as members here, to be a member over there. To me if people want to vote and participate and what not over there, they will. Not sure why we need to be constantly reminded that other site exist.

With all that said, I do agree that Google is a wonderful tool and should be used more often. If Google sends you to Databass.com for the info you are searching for than so be it.
Thank you for that. I do very much limit info given, even in terms of telephone numbers, email address, etc. What was involved here was my request that someone who is graph savvy and belongs to AVS and DATABASS, simply click over there, open the attachment, pick one or two "egregious" examples of clipping, and come back with the time signatures.



I had cited the movie PHANTOM as having an extraordinary low frequency output, and was happy to pass that along to the bass-eager fanatics herein -- after all, I'd recently purchased my CAP S2s on the basis of what was written herein, and I've ordered many movies just for their bass content as noted in these pages. Beyond the bass content, I thought PHANTOM exhibited superior transparency and dynamics -- an overall excellent track.



So then someone arises to inform that the track is riddled with bad sounds. Irredeemably flawed. Is there something amiss with my hearing? Two pairs of $30K speakers, one pair of $15k speakers for centers, $15k on amps, and more speakers and a pair of CAP S2s didn't allow me to hear fatal distortion? My curiosity is indeed aroused, but if casual listening didn't get me there, one or two time signatures on where the bad sounds can be found will have me going back and listening very critically.



I'm a member looking to expand my knowledge, someone has stepped forth with an important challenge, so what was involved was a graph-savvy member of AVS and DATABASS clicking on the link and retrieving a couple of prominent examples of where my equipment and hearing failed me. But what I get is not the usual helpfulness, but a barrage of extended criticism about how I should not expect that two minute favor, that I'm not important enough, etc.



The protest is so amazing, I'm really wondering what is going on, and frankly it did occur to me that there was some motivation afoot to get members to enlist on that site -- to get to that info, you NEED to join, no one here going to help you -- proselytization in effect. Either that, or the Emperor has no clothes -- in other words, this "bad sound" riddled track, that may measure out as having imbedded clipping, really has no audible corollary of that, and this is something I would find out if I knew the offending time signatures.



I will continue to investigate this, especially now, because all the resistance I got really has raised the stakes for what is going on here.



Thank you for your post, friend.

Last edited by Emaych; 09-17-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Emaych is offline  
post #17914 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,383
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 445
You asked where, we told you where and how to find the info yourself (to, as you put it, "expand [your] knowledge"), but you refused and expected other people to do it for you. Then they did, and yet you continue to harp on it. At this point, it looks like you're just trolling. Please let it lay.
tboe77 likes this.
nube is offline  
post #17915 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post

I will continue to investigate this, especially now, because all the resistance I got really has raised the stakes for what is going on here.
Really? Lmao. Just a bit dramatic, dontcha think?
tboe77 likes this.
wth718 is offline  
post #17916 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
raistline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MidWest
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I disagree. I get "Rental Copy" discs from Netflix all the time, and they have all had the full retail lossless HD mixes, with the only exceptions being Lionsgate films, which have the lossy encoding only.
Very curious, seems I have just been unlucky in my "Rental Copy" selections. I wonder if it makes any difference that I stopped my Netflix DVD sub and started only using RedBox.

But either way it has put a bad enough taste in my mouth that I often don't watch a "Rental Copy" unless it is a film I have not seen before. I just return it right away and contact RedBox for a refund which they are usually very happy to do.
raistline is offline  
post #17917 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,987
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 718 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I disagree. I get "Rental Copy" discs from Netflix all the time, and they have all had the full retail lossless HD mixes, with the only exceptions being Lionsgate films, which have the lossy encoding only.
+1. While I have not measured any tracks, the only lossy DD I have seen from NF or RB has been with Lionsgate and their subsidiary company which I believe is Summit (?).
audiofan1 likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #17918 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
You asked where, we told you where and how to find the info yourself (to, as you put it, "expand [your] knowledge"), but you refused and expected other people to do it for you. Then they did, and yet you continue to harp on it. At this point, it looks like you're just trolling. Please let it lay.
There you are! You were the one to confirm the outstanding bass of PHANTOM -- that was why I came here, to make note of that -- but you also maligned the overall track as containing audible bad sounds riddled all over the place. A fair characterization of your assertion?



And here you are again, not with the requested time signatures, an easy enough thing to do, but instead investing even more of your time/energies to protest that what I'm doing is wrong -- now intimating I'm a troll just for following up on something you said -- that sounds suspiciously like a personal attack to me.



Just for clarity and accuracy, let us be clear -- no one to date has volunteered the time signatures --
I will get them, be assured of that, just as I am assured you will, for your own motivations, do everything you can, including being at the spearfront of a personal attack, to impede this.



As reminder: you brought this up. I followed up and, quite the opposite of what you are saying above, no one has stepped forth to volunteer the time signatures, unless I missed that post -- please feel free to shame me by quoting it directly. What you advised me to do was join another site -- is that why this is so important to you? -- or is it that the bad sounds on the bass-heavy track of PHANTOM cannot really be heard, as you said they could?



Also for clarity, only one member stepped forth to characterize what sound I should be looking to hear with clipping -- of course you said "bad" sounds, but I didn't hear any, so why not cough up the signatures? -- do a fellow bass-head a solid, a small enough thing to ask, I should think.



You seem extraordinarily committed to cloaking what you yourself brought up --now a personal attack -- something very very curious going on here....

Last edited by Emaych; 09-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Emaych is offline  
post #17919 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
Thank you for that. I do very much limit info given, even in terms of telephone numbers, email address, etc. What was involved here was my request that someone who is graph savvy and belongs to AVS and DATABASS, simply click over there, open the attachment, pick one or two "egregious" examples of clipping, and come back with the time signatures.



I had cited the movie PHANTOM as having an extraordinary low frequency output, and was happy to pass that along to the bass-eager fanatics herein -- after all, I'd recently purchased my CAP S2s on the basis of what was written herein, and I've ordered many movies just for their bass content as noted in these pages. Beyond the bass content, I thought PHANTOM exhibited superior transparency and dynamics -- an overall excellent track.



So then someone arises to inform that the track is riddled with bad sounds. Irredeemably flawed. Is there something amiss with my hearing? Two pairs of $30K speakers, one pair of $15k speakers for centers, $15k on amps, and more speakers and a pair of CAP S2s didn't allow me to hear fatal distortion? My curiosity is indeed aroused, but if casual listening didn't get me there, one or two time signatures on where the bad sounds can be found will have me going back and listening very critically.



I'm a member looking to expand my knowledge, someone has stepped forth with an important challenge, so what was involved was a graph-savvy member of AVS and DATABASS clicking on the link and retrieving a couple of prominent examples of where my equipment and hearing failed me. But what I get is not the usual helpfulness, but a barrage of extended criticism about how I should not expect that two minute favor, that I'm not important enough, etc.



The protest is so amazing, I'm really wondering what is going on, and frankly it did occur to me that there was some motivation afoot to get members to enlist on that site -- to get to that info, you NEED to join, no one here going to help you -- proselytization in effect. Either that, or the Emperor has no clothes -- in other words, this "bad sound" riddled track, that may measure out as having imbedded clipping, really has no audible corollary of that, and this is something I would find out if I knew the offending time signatures.



I will continue to investigate this, especially now, because all the resistance I got really has raised the stakes for what is going on here.



Thank you for your post, friend.
Where is that 'beating a dead horse' emicon?
tboe77 and ambesolman like this.
raynist is offline  
post #17920 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
There you are! You were the one to confirm the outstanding bass of PHANTOM -- that was why I came here, to make note of that -- but you also maligned the overall track as containing audible bad sounds riddled all over the place. A fair characterization of your assertion?



And here you are again, not with the requested time signatures, an easy enough thing to do, but instead investing even more of your time/energies to protest that what I'm doing is wrong -- now intimating I'm a troll just for following up on something you said -- that sounds suspiciously like a personal attack to me.



Just for clarity and accuracy, let us be clear -- no one to date has volunteered the time signatures --
I will get them, be assured of that, just as I am assured you will, for your own motivations, do everything you can, including being at the spearfront of a personal attack, to impede this.



As reminder: you brought this up. I followed up and, quite the opposite of what you are saying above, no one has stepped forth to volunteer the time signatures, unless I missed that post -- please feel free to shame me by quoting it directly. What you advised me to do was join another site -- is that why this is so important to you? -- or is it that the bad sounds on the bass-heavy track of PHANTOM cannot really be heard, as you said they could?



Also for clarity, only one member stepped forth to characterize what sound I should be looking to hear with clipping -- of course you said "bad" sounds, but I didn't hear any, so why not cough up the signatures? -- do a fellow bass-head a solid, a small enough thing to ask, I should think.



You seem extraordinarily committed to cloaking what you yourself brought up --now a personal attack -- something very very curious going on here....
Gotta find the ignore button.....
Fatshaft and tboe77 like this.
raynist is offline  
post #17921 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
Really? Lmao. Just a bit dramatic, dontcha think?
I'm funny that way -- if there seems to be something spurious afoot, it really arouses my curiosity. Here we weigh perhaps two minutes spent to retrieve time signatures versus, shall we say, ten, fifteen, twenty...? explaining why it is wrong to ask.

If I'm not mistaken, you were the one to assert I was not worth looking up the signatures? -- pretty harsh don't you think? -- especially given that you are presenting yourself here still enlisted in the cause of... I guess, trying to be embarrass me for injecting hieghtened drama? To be clear, my use of the term "investigate" was meant casually, not in the journalistic sense -- this is minor curiosity on the scale of things, to be sure, but something is not lining up.....
Emaych is offline  
post #17922 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Looks like the trend continues. Really guys, I do have something else to do today, and will get to that just now. You of course may continue to round up the posse for the offense of one member responding to another -- an inquiry on a point made. Why all this fuss? It gets thicker....stay tuned, but for now I've got to go....
Emaych is offline  
post #17923 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post

If I'm not mistaken, you were the one to assert I was not worth looking up the signatures? -- pretty harsh don't you think?
Yep, sure was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
The reason I referred you to the other site is because it has the EXACT information you asked for--the timestamps of where the clipping occurs. Instead of taking the time or effort to look up the graph, you expect someone to describe to you where the 15-20 plus points of clipping are. Sorry, not gonna do it. Maybe someone else will.
Personally not a fan of entitlement or laziness. But have fun continuing to flog this issue.
wth718 is offline  
post #17924 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
pitviper33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern TN
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 104
As one of the (apparently very few) members that actually liked Cloverfield, I'm really interested in this DVD vs Bluray conversation. I own the movie, but it's never been one of my demos. It just couldn't stand up to WOTW or TIH. Maybe if I go buy the DVD it will!
pitviper33 is offline  
post #17925 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Snowmanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 148
So we can move on: STiD clipping from DB.

One time stamp that was used as the poster child for clipping was the 6:00 mark. Check the center channel and sub.
Pawee likes this.
Snowmanick is offline  
post #17926 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fatshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
It gets thicker....stay tuned, but for now I've got to go....
Hurry guys, change the locks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drama-queen.jpg
Views:	1346
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	266834  
ambesolman likes this.

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Fatshaft is offline  
post #17927 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fatshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Where is that 'beating a dead horse' emicon?
Here you go ma man!

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Fatshaft is offline  
post #17928 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper33 View Post
As one of the (apparently very few) members that actually liked Cloverfield, I'm really interested in this DVD vs Bluray conversation. I own the movie, but it's never been one of my demos. It just couldn't stand up to WOTW or TIH. Maybe if I go buy the DVD it will!
I have the BD and all of this time I thought it was bomb with bass !! lfe man thread starter informed me otherwise about the dvd version. post #17731 of 17930 and post #17745 of 17931
I have yet to buy the dvd , but I may just do it for kicks.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.

Last edited by Ray77085; 09-17-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #17929 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
So we can move on: STiD clipping from DB.

One time stamp that was used as the poster child for clipping was the 6:00 mark. Check the center channel and sub.
Thanks for that, friend, I'm betting that should give me a good idea of what we are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
Yep, sure was.
Personally not a fan of entitlement or laziness. But have fun continuing to flog this issue.
Of course I have said I didn't want to join any more sites than I am now a member of. Stated it clearly several times. I'm assuming you find that a worthy objection, since you do not attack that, but instead pursue the straw men of "entitlement", "laziness", I'm not worth it, etc.

I'm pretty sure we do not know one another, yet you seem highly motivated to belittle me in absence of much information. I merely wanted to extol the virtues of bass impact of PHANTOM -- something people do every day here. The member above has just provided, with very little intrigue or drama, the simple thing I requested.

Now we will see what we see, you are of course welcome to continue on with your personal disparagement of me, if you that that satisfies some motivation which remains unspoken. Thanks so much for your help, brother, I do wish you well.
Emaych is offline  
post #17930 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
Thanks for that, friend, I'm betting that should give me a good idea of what we are talking about.
I sent you a PM with the clipping info you are looking for. PM me back if you need anymore help.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #17931 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 867
^ I think if you go on the quest and find the clipping timestamps yourself as you hinted that you were about to do if I read you right and do provide some findings on the topic here that you would have translated all this into some positive contribution towards measurement and perception of the issue. I'd be interested in hearing what your actual findings and impressions are after you actually do dig deeper into the issue and start comparing the sounds for yourself.
mo949 is offline  
post #17932 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
V.X.Donique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Black Mesa Research Facilities
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Consider this a flag. The mods will have some cleaning to do. Let's get back to the bass shall we.
Fatshaft likes this.

V.X.Donique
Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....
Creator of the AVScience DIY Speakers and Subwoofers Forum
"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory." -Bruce Lee
V.X.Donique is offline  
post #17933 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I sent you a PM with the clipping info you are looking for. PM me back if you need anymore help.
I did PM you just now, good brother -- your willingness to be of some positve contribution is most appreciated, particularly in this incomprehensibly bizarre environment.
Emaych is offline  
post #17934 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Are we allowed to post that clipping graph (from Databass) here? I figured since Nube is always promoting Databass.com on this thread than it should be perfectly fine to share stuff from there here. Just don't want to step on any toes posting a image from one site to another.

I will post it for Emaych and everyone else who may want to see it. I'm just not sure if it's allowed since everyone else seemed to dodge his simple request and chose to make a big deal out of it.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is offline  
post #17935 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,908
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Alright! back to the business at hand. My copy of Godzilla arrived today and as soon as the sun goes down either I'll post back with or or In the end I'm just hoping for a good cinematic experience with a movie I had to miss in the theaters along with one or two more. I hope everyone else who's watching doesn't let the little bass head in us miss out on what I'm hoping to be a good movie, that is unless it tries to dethrone the "Hobbit" in which case the little bass head will cause may-hem havoc and destruction
Toe, discone and grtuck like this.
audiofan1 is online now  
post #17936 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Let me know if its a buy and watch again one!
mo949 is offline  
post #17937 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,908
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 820
^^^^

Indeed
audiofan1 is online now  
post #17938 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,838
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
Hurry guys, change the locks!

Lol I just spit my water out. HAHAH
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #17939 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,908
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Just finished Godzilla and in my opinion I'd call it a solid 3.5 with a few 4.5 moments. Now to clarify the 4.5 moments, its largely due to the overall level of the bass mix which is hot and the moments when the movie does extend below 30hz it can be a force to reckoned with The missed moments for ELF are few but noticeable as they are expected by our preception of "what it should sound like" but if caught of guard and watching at anything below -10 you may indeed pay for it. The rest of the mix was great as far as mixes go with well placed pans and such even though still on the hot side (perhaps a bit of dare I say, clipping!! on one or two scenes but don't hold me to that) I suspect if you enjoyed the bass in "Pacific Rim" this is definitely for you! with greater overall extension and serious room lock at times.

To sum it up! perhaps rent , although I did buy and will watch again! the worst con for me by far were the black levels on most scenes .

Enjoy this guys and crank it
Toe, red_5ive and mo949 like this.
audiofan1 is online now  
post #17940 of 21611 Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
AJ72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
Looks like the trend continues. Really guys, I do have something else to do today, and will get to that just now. You of course may continue to round up the posse for the offense of one member responding to another -- an inquiry on a point made. Why all this fuss? It gets thicker....stay tuned, but for now I've got to go....
Emaych: Ignorance is bliss in this hobby my friend! If you enjoy Phantom then leave it at that and just ENJOY IT! I enjoy Tron Legacy a lot and have seen reported many times about the clipping/distortion in the audio but..... I don't notice it and don't want to notice it so I can still enjoy it! Like I said ignorance is bliss and if you start to attune to what's not right there goes your enjoyment.
Bunga99 and audiofan1 like this.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2
Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Cary Cinema 11a
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amp: Crown XLS 5000
Viewing: Sony Bravia 850b 70"
AJ72 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Alien Vs Predator Blu Ray , Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Back To The Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy Digital Copy Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Battleship , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Bolt Blu Ray , Braveheart Blu Ray , Captain America The First Avenger Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Casino Royale Blu Ray , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Conan The Barbarian Blu Ray , Daredevil Directors Cut Blu Ray , Death Race 3 Inferno Blu Ray , Devil Blu Ray Widescreen , Disneys Wall E Blu Ray , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Fantastic 4 Rise Of The Silver Surfer , Fast Five Blu Ray , Finding Nemo , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Hanna Blu Ray , Harry Potter The Order Of The Phoenix Playstation3 Game Ea , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Hitman Digital Copy Blu Ray , Hot Fuzz 2 Disc Special Edition Region 2 Dvd , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Hurt Locker Blu Ray , Immortals Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man 2 Single Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Digital Copy Combo Pack , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Kill Bill Volume 1 Blu Ray , Kung Fu Panda 2 Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Kung Fu Panda Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Last Stand Blu Ray , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Marvels The Avengers , Matrix , Max Payne Unrated Edition Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Pirates Of The Caribbean Three Movie Set Curse Of The Black Pearl Dead Mans Chest At Worlds End Blu , Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Rambo Blu Ray , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Resident Evil Afterlife Blu Ray , Resident Evil Apocalypse Blu Ray , Resident Evil Retribution 3d Two Disc Combo Blu Ray Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Sherlock Holmes Blu Ray , Skyfall Blu Ray , Skyline Blu Ray , Star Trek Blu Ray , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Star Wars , Subwoofers , Sucker Punch Two Disc Extended Edition Blu Ray , Super 8 Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Svs Pb2000 , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Cabin In The Woods , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Bat Cowl Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Hunger Games Blu Ray Digital Copy , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , The Incredibles Four Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , The Last Airbender Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Pacific Blu Ray , The Raid Redemption , The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu Ray , The Worlds End Blu Ray Dvd Digital Hd With Ultraviolet , Thor Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Total Recall , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Two Disc Special Edition Blu Ray , Triangle Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , U 571 Blu Ray , Underworld Awakening Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray 3d , Unstoppable Blu Ray Digital Copy , Valkyrie Blu Ray , War Of The Worlds Blu Ray , Windtalkers Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Two Disc Ultimate Edition Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Uncaged Edition , X Men The Last Stand Blu Ray , Xxx , Zombieland Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off