The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #17971 of 17979 Unread Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
Even if you don't wish to share the personal info that databass asks for, you can always create an alias email address and other fictitious info for a log-in without revealing anything pertinent in much less time than you've spent here discussing your concerns about databass.com.
Thank you, that is helpful.

And to my friend above -- yes, never denied there was help given all along the way -- I think I acknowledged all that with copious "thank yous" when they came along -- at least I sure hope I did, I would mean to if there were some omissions -- sorry if there were, but now we're back on talking about how we talk about what we're supposed to be talking about.

So I'll just try to give big broadcast to a major "thank you" to all in this thread that helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17972 of 17979 Unread Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
BTW, you asked someone who is a member at both sites to take their time and do something for you which would take some time. You don't wan to do it yourself because you are afraid and when someone told you no you seemed upset. I am a member of both but I am on my phone so very hard to copy and paste graphs. I know Phantom received 4.75 stars over there which is right there with the best so I am not sure why you think it gets no love. Maybe people like other movies better with the same ratings? Again, it was rated very high which means people had to give a good execution score, meaning they liked the bass! Don't worry so much.

On another note I was watching The HobbitOS on direct TV and it had some very loud bass, I can't remember if the bluray did or not.
Thanks for your willingness to be helpful. I didn't see PHANTOM as listed in the first page of this thread, maybe it is there, maybe I missed it -- yeah, not sure why the movie was seemingly not liked that much -- I thought it was one of the better things I've seen lately (which might not amount to much with me without the track...)
post #17973 of 17979 Unread Today, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 223
No added commentary needed on my part. I'll just let the cognitive dissonance marinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
And to my friend above -- yes, never denied there was help given all along the way -- I think I acknowledged all that with copious "thank yous" when they came along -- at least I sure hope I did, I would mean to if there were some omissions -- sorry if there were, but now we're back on talking about how we talk about what we're supposed to be talking about.

Quote:
Don't know if I'm remotely close, but I've come to learn AVS is not the place to ask and learn, so I'll keep looking into it....
post #17974 of 17979 Unread Today, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Thanks for your willingness to be helpful. I didn't see PHANTOM as listed in the first page of this thread, maybe it is there, maybe I missed it -- yeah, not sure why the movie was seemingly not liked that much -- I thought it was one of the better things I've seen lately (which might not amount to much with me without the track...)
From viewing the graphs posted on data-bass.com, the movie is a bass monster. 4.75 stars out of 5. The area of bass clipping is annotated with the graph.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #17975 of 17979 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 428
At least this discussion gives me some more demo material as I have never seen Phantom.

Have you even though about getting some JTR speakers to go with their subs? I have never heard of Montana speakers but I have owned Mac before. Revealing speakers will let you hear clipping and it sounds like a loud sharp metal to metal collision. It makes you cringe, of course bass clipping might be different but I am not sure. I love a few bass heavy movies with clipping which is Tron, Immortals, and even one of the best rated WOTW has some. I am not afraid of clipping as long as it is not compressed to death and does not filter the low end. Two of my favorite comparisons of good with low end and then loud and filtered is TDK to TDKR and ST to STID. The latter two are louder and filtered and need to be turned down compared to their earlier brothers. I can watch TDK all day at reference but TDKR cause me to cringe many times although the beginning is awesome.
post #17976 of 17979 Unread Today, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Was the Super 8 train crash scene one of the ones that had clipping? I forget, but seem to remember it was discussed as such.
post #17977 of 17979 Unread Today, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Another loud and filtered track. Very loud movies usually have clipping but that is a guess.
post #17978 of 17979 Unread Today, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Was the Super 8 train crash scene one of the ones that had clipping? I forget, but seem to remember it was discussed as such.
There was some debate on whether it was actually clipping or if was intended to be that way, what with all the twisting, bending metal found in such a crash.

Don't recall if it was graphed, though.
post #17979 of 17979 Unread Today, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
No added commentary needed on my part. I'll just let the cognitive dissonance marinate.
Yes yes yes -- there were those helping, those not. Some info came forth, and some of the questions that were at the top of my list, eventually came forth with alot of back and forth in between.

Now as to the question of whether a casual member dropping into learn something would read the last few pages and conclude "How welcoming a place is this! Man I've got to bring all my questions here!" I think you and I both know that answer. Got to go just now. I see more helpful posts have been added, I will get back on that, and perhaps we got over the hump...
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com