The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 601 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18001 of 18013 Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed the soundtrack as well as sharing with your neighbor's.

Even though I'm hearing there is not a lot of low end it's nice to hear there is still some shaking going on. I like to feel it as well as hear it.
This is a movies with bass thread! while hard to remember at times 20-30hz is bass and is low bass frequencies and make no mistake about it ! Mid bass, upper bass, ELF/ULF is bass as well just another part of the beautiful bass rainbow and none of it should be discredited. if one has the gumption to go down deep in the rabbit hole , its good to know that there are tracks that dwell there , not all but there are plenty.

So 1-??? this is a movies with bass thread!

Enjoy
spidey.joe80 and discone like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18002 of 18013 Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I just finished my second viewing of CATWS at full reference volume 0 instead of -5 for the first viewing .
Spoiler!
was just incredilbe and at this point we may beable to pronuce it king 5 star bass movie of the year! end of story!
spidey.joe80 likes this.
post #18003 of 18013 Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
I just finished my second viewing of CATWS at full reference volume 0 instead of -5 for the first viewing .
Spoiler!
was just incredilbe and at this point we may beable to pronuce it king 5 star bass movie of the year! end of story!

No complaints from me.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #18004 of 18013 Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Location: n.j if the world gets an enema the hose will be above us
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Hello All,
I don't care what the graphs say Godzillas audio track was amazing! the bottom end shook my apt as well as my neighbors! Nice wide huge 7.1 goodness.
+ 1 Good Lord I was scared that my windows would shatter !!! If there is to be another Jurassic Park they have got there work cut out for them . Absolute BASS BEAST of a track ! .

build coffins. that's all you'll need. R Neville
post #18005 of 18013 Old Today, 01:48 AM
AVS Special Member

In my 5 star bass fest V2.0 (addition of a second sub ) I've made a grave mistake ! I started with WOTW now its all down hill from here it can never be said enough just why it's the herald champ! This was a great experience to say the least and I'm none the less I'm still looking forward to the next one despite my error in watching the best of the best first Perhaps Wrath of the Titans will be next
post #18006 of 18013 Old Today, 03:17 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
This is a movies with bass thread! while hard to remember at times 20-30hz is bass and is low bass frequencies and make no mistake about it ! Mid bass, upper bass, ELF/ULF is bass as well just another part of the beautiful bass rainbow and none of it should be discredited. if one has the gumption to go down deep in the rabbit hole , its good to know that there are tracks that dwell there , not all but there are plenty.

So 1-??? this is a movies with bass thread!

Enjoy
Thank's I plan to enjoy that is why I'm happy to hear good report's for this film no matter the range of bass. I like all bass and may never be able to go down into the rabbit hole to reach single digit's, but am happy for those that can.. It was stated no matter what the graphs said it is still a bass movie. I'm still learning here and have yet to take the time to fully interpret graphs. As mentioned in your take if you liked Pacific Rim then you'll like this.

I guess all I'm trying to garner from the post's for me is if my old friend Godzilla is taking a scenic stroll through downtown Tokyo I'm happy to know I'll get to experience it also.
post #18007 of 18013 Old Today, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Wowzers... Edge of Tomorrow DTSHD-MA 7.1:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edge of Tomorrow.png
Views:	35
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	270514  
ambesolman and grtuck like this.
post #18008 of 18013 Old Today, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 69
How accurate is that? Looks pretty good.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #18009 of 18013 Old Today, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
i just finished my second viewing of catws at full reference volume 0 instead of -5 for the first viewing .
Spoiler!
was just incredilbe and at this point we may beable to pronuce it king 5 star bass movie of the year! End of story! :d
catws?

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 plasma HD television, Onkyo TX-SR805 and PIONEER ELITE VSX-47TX receivers, Klipsch RB-75(2 pair) and RB-61 bookshelf speakers, Klipsch RSW-10, RSW-12(2), Velodyne HGS-12, HGS-18 subwoofers, PS3 80G, PIONEER DV-525 dvd player, Klipsch RS-42 surrounds, Klipsch RC-52 center channel
post #18010 of 18013 Old Today, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post
catws?
Captain American The Winter Soldier

I can't stand the abbreviations myself but it is also a pain to type such a long title.
post #18011 of 18013 Old Today, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Captain American The Winter Soldier

I can't stand the abbreviations myself but it is also a pain to type such a long title.
+1 Sometimes when I can't figure out the abbreviation I look it up on goggle and most of the time it finds the movie. When looking for CATWS I found Captain America The Winter Soldier although before I got to that it stands for "Chemical Attack Warning Transmission System".

Now if in the movie they tried to kill all those people with a chemical weapon it would have fit the bill perfectly!!
post #18012 of 18013 Old Today, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follz20 View Post
Wowzers... Edge of Tomorrow DTSHD-MA 7.1:
Not sure how they mixed it, but at -30 db my pb13 nearly died using 10hz tuning.
Normally I never even use the subsonic filter even with audyssey dyn eq (and yes i watched all 5 bass rated movies..), but on this movie even with the subsonic filter on 10hz and dyneq OFF, the last note is way too loud and low.
Looks like 2hz or something, poor port is chuffing like hell.

!!Caution!! when playing this movie, its frigging low volume till the bass hits which is 30db louder than most other movies.

Especially for the people without subsonic filter, kinda amazed my bk xls200-DF didn't die since we watched the movie on that first at -15db, the peerless woofer hit the ground though.
If the cinema version is mixed similary, I sure hope they have subsonic filters or they can order new subwoofers all over.

Last edited by [unique]; Today at 08:16 AM.
post #18013 of 18013 Old Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 438
That's why Godzilla got a and Edge of Tomorrow got a .

But, just note, as MrKazador did last week in reply, that those big spikes in Edge of Tomorrow are all at the very beginning. Impressive, but not enough to make the BR a bass monster by itself. More to come...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page