The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 602 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18031 of 18057 Old 09-20-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Watched Godzilla 2014 last night streamed from iTunes. I liked the movie. To me is was vastly superior to Pacific Rim not only as a movie but the sound track was much better overall.

The bass was quite good other than the lack of depth on the foot steps and some of the monster on monster fight scenes. But overall a good use of the surrounds and good bass in most of the appropriate spots.

To me Pacific Rim was just one long bass note that tended to just drone on and on never changing and not really adding much to the movie. I don't recall the surround being used as well as in Godzilla either.

I'm betting that I would like the Godzilla sound track even better in DTS Master.
I also watched Godzilla the other day and was very disappointed. Horrible movie except for the audio. The black levels were really bad IMO. 90% of the movie was in the dark and maybe 10mn top of actual Godzilla footage. I also thought the acting was not very good. I'm glad I rented it and would never buy it even if it was in the budget bucket at Walmart for 5.00 lol.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 18057 Old 09-20-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvtFoci View Post
The new Transformers is a tour de force. Even the lossy version kiss serious a$$, so much that it puts Godzilla to shame.
+1 and 3D looks gorgeous
post #18033 of 18057 Old 09-20-2014, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
Age of Extinction is the business! Best bass flick in a long time...Flawless!
Toe, audiofan1, billpan and 1 others like this.
post #18034 of 18057 Old 09-20-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 442
^^^ This is all good to hear , i'm looking forward to this blind buy
Reddig likes this.
post #18035 of 18057 Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
^^^ This is all good to hear , i'm looking forward to this blind buy
+1!
Can't wait to get Transformers 4 3d!!

JBL Pro Cinema
post #18036 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
+1!
Can't wait to get Transformers 4 3d!!
I cannot ways for X-Men and Edge of Tomorrow in a couple of weeks. I actually think I am going to skip Transformers 4. I have the other 3 on blu, but they are just so long and they get so boring. I think it will be the first disc with Atmos though.

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18037 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Transformers AoE has a whole lot more bass than Xmen and EoT.
post #18038 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I cannot ways for X-Men and Edge of Tomorrow in a couple of weeks. I actually think I am going to skip Transformers 4. I have the other 3 on blu, but they are just so long and they get so boring. I think it will be the first disc with Atmos though.
+1 to both points. EOT, based off the PvA a few posts back is the first BR to actually make me fear playing it. I also like the X-Men series and I've been looking forward to DOFP since the little set-up piece at the end of The Wolverine.

The exact opposite is true for TF4. I'm sure it is loud and has lots of pretty people and colors but based off how bad each sequel has been, the fact that each has been worse than the last, and what a mess TF3 was, I have no desire to watch this. I tried watching TF3 a few months ago as I hadn't seen it since its BR debut and gave up within 30 minutes.

Hopefully the next Atmos movie is something worth watching. I'm looking forward to upgrading to Atmos but don't feel pressure to do so immediately with this as the sole announced title to date.
post #18039 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
I seen X-Men in theaters and loved it and gunna pick it up too. Havnt seen EoT but my friend has and loved it so I'm gonna borrow from him before I decide to buy.

The Trans movies are indeed way too long and boring inbetween action. The first one is my fav. I'm excited for Trans 4 for its audio mostly but also excited to see it.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #18040 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Most of the LFE in Transformers AOE is around 30-60hz. There is a few scenes where it dips down to 10-20hz.
audiofan1 likes this.

post #18041 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Watched godzilla last night, the movie is nothing special, but I thought it had good bass. I started the movie at -12db and ended up finishing it at -17db. My couch was moving through the majority of that movie.

Sub build

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub -Updating to Duals with UXL-18"s A bit different
post #18042 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post
Most of the LFE in Transformers AOE is around 30-60hz. There is a few scenes where it dips down to 10-20hz.
Yep loud boomy bass. The first one was ok, but to me it is just old and boring. I would have probably picked this up a couple of months ago when there was nothing fresh for weeks, but to much coming down the line here. I will pick Transformers when it is $9 dollars at BB. No Atmos for me yet and won't be till Gen 2. I would actually like to see the XMC 1 with Atmos. However by that time there Atmos will be out of date

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 11:01 AM.
post #18043 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 146
The Pulse scene in Godzilla were awesome. Lot of pressure in the ear, lot of LFE. The movie had a couple of new twist and for me, a buy down the road. EOT storyline was not that good. Hard to tell what type of bass will be on the BD.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #18044 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Don't be scared of EoT. The loudest part are those tones right at the beginning (which are hard limited/clipped). The rest of the track is unfiltered goodness, without hard limiting or clipping seen anywhere else, in my cursory look last week.

post #18045 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I thought TF4 was the best one since the first.
post #18046 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
+1 to both points. EOT, based off the PvA a few posts back is the first BR to actually make me fear playing it. I also like the X-Men series and I've been looking forward to DOFP since the little set-up piece at the end of The Wolverine.

The exact opposite is true for TF4. I'm sure it is loud and has lots of pretty people and colors but based off how bad each sequel has been, the fact that each has been worse than the last, and what a mess TF3 was, I have no desire to watch this. I tried watching TF3 a few months ago as I hadn't seen it since its BR debut and gave up within 30 minutes.

Hopefully the next Atmos movie is something worth watching. I'm looking forward to upgrading to Atmos but don't feel pressure to do so immediately with this as the sole announced title to date.
TF4 is much better then 2 & 3 imo...and I am not really a TF fan. I thought the change of actors made it MUCH more enjoyable.
post #18047 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Just finished Days of Future Past...what a bust. There are sooo many slow points with no bass in the movie, I almost fell asleep.
post #18048 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Are you saying the slow parts don't have any bass are are you saying the whole movie had no bass?
post #18049 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Are you saying the slow parts don't have any bass are are you saying the whole movie had no bass?
The slow parts which seemed like 3/4 of the movie.
post #18050 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
The Pulse scene in Godzilla were awesome. Lot of pressure in the ear, lot of LFE. The movie had a couple of new twist and for me, a buy down the road. EOT storyline was not that good. Hard to tell what type of bass will be on the BD.
I agree overall better than pacific rim in both audio and as a movie. I'll be picking this up when it gets to the bargain bin.

I also didn't have any of the black level issues a previous poster mentioned. At least not that I noticed.
post #18051 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 30
EoT is must recommendation. The intro is a sub killer. On iTunes i was very good although it's only 5.1
post #18052 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post
EoT is must recommendation. The intro is a sub killer. On iTunes i was very good although it's only 5.1
I was not expecting that intro... very much took me by surprise!

Watched the 3D BluRay... the sound was just like Nube's description.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #18053 of 18057 Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post
It was very very subtle in the theater, but I could tell it was going to be a monster at home... Too bad I am subless at the moment or I would give it a go...again...

post #18054 of 18057 Old Today, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I thought the New Transformers movie was awful. Storyline is getting way out of hand with the ridiculousness. It just seemed like a cheezy knock off movie. Marky Mark just didn't fit the role for me and it was WAY too long and drawn out.
Pawee likes this.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; Today at 02:17 AM.
post #18055 of 18057 Old Today, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
I agree IF the systems are calibrated properly. My unit does not have audyssey.
I know that with my amp at 0 on the MVL there's no way I can reduce my output levels to have reference level.

You make me wonder how can I setup my receiver to be @ reference when having my volume set to 0.
I think I might have to start searching...
thanks for your response

A lot of equipment was not designed to equate 0dB on the master volume readout to reference level. The 0dB = reference level is a THX standard that may or may not be used by non THX AVRs.

0dB MV on my AVR means the volume is all the way up.

-22dB MV means my system will reproduce a -30 dB FS test tone as 75 dB SPL. That is the "reference level" setting on my AVR. I use speakers with normal sensitivity.
post #18056 of 18057 Old Today, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
The problem comes from people with high sensitive speakers. The AVR can not go below -12 dBs automatically so it uses that as the lowest setting and can throw the levels way off as far as keeping 0 MV at reference. I have a pioneer elite reciever and t set my speakers 15 dBs too loud for 0 MV. So I I watch at 0 MV I am way over reference.

When are you going to get a "new" AVR? You need to keep your replacement time cycle intact!
post #18057 of 18057 Old Today, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post
When are you going to get a "new" AVR? You need to keep your replacement time cycle intact!

This was a new one, already selling it
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page