The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 602 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18031 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Just watched the amazing Spider-Man 2 3d. Good flick! Sounded great on my setup. As others have mentioned, it could've used a little more midrange punch, but thought it was very good overall. The 3d was pretty good too. Can't wait until my sub is done so I can hit the 12hz stuff!

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Watched Godzilla 2014 last night streamed from iTunes. I liked the movie. To me is was vastly superior to Pacific Rim not only as a movie but the sound track was much better overall.

The bass was quite good other than the lack of depth on the foot steps and some of the monster on monster fight scenes. But overall a good use of the surrounds and good bass in most of the appropriate spots.

To me Pacific Rim was just one long bass note that tended to just drone on and on never changing and not really adding much to the movie. I don't recall the surround being used as well as in Godzilla either.

I'm betting that I would like the Godzilla sound track even better in DTS Master.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #18033 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Watched Godzilla 2014 last night streamed from iTunes. I liked the movie. To me is was vastly superior to Pacific Rim not only as a movie but the sound track was much better overall.

The bass was quite good other than the lack of depth on the foot steps and some of the monster on monster fight scenes. But overall a good use of the surrounds and good bass in most of the appropriate spots.

To me Pacific Rim was just one long bass note that tended to just drone on and on never changing and not really adding much to the movie. I don't recall the surround being used as well as in Godzilla either.

I'm betting that I would like the Godzilla sound track even better in DTS Master.
I also watched Godzilla the other day and was very disappointed. Horrible movie except for the audio. The black levels were really bad IMO. 90% of the movie was in the dark and maybe 10mn top of actual Godzilla footage. I also thought the acting was not very good. I'm glad I rented it and would never buy it even if it was in the budget bucket at Walmart for 5.00 lol.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #18034 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvtFoci View Post
The new Transformers is a tour de force. Even the lossy version kiss serious a$$, so much that it puts Godzilla to shame.
+1 and 3D looks gorgeous
post #18035 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Age of Extinction is the business! Best bass flick in a long time...Flawless!
audiofan1 and billpan like this.
post #18036 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 442
^^^ This is all good to hear , i'm looking forward to this blind buy
Reddig likes this.
post #18037 of 18037 Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
^^^ This is all good to hear , i'm looking forward to this blind buy
+1!
Can't wait to get Transformers 4 3d!!

JBL Pro Cinema
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page