The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 618 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18511 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post
Be prepared to be disappointed with HTTYD 2. Rolls off after 20hz and there isn't any loud lfe scenes.
Is this based off watching the blu ray? Rolls off at 20hz from measurements or is this a subjective impression?

Thanks

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18512 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 260
lossy dts measurements, I hope I'm wrong though but usually not
post #18513 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Just scanned through it and got the same impression, but hoped i was wrong because i want playing it very loud. Sigh. This was the release i was most looking forward to.
post #18514 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I saw HTTYD2 in IMAX and it was overall very quiet for an IMAX film.
post #18515 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 545
This is all very disappointing news regarding HTTYD2, I was really hoping it was going to be great. Why would anyone release a movie about dragons and kill the bass in it? If there was ever a subject that allowed for great LFE it would have to be dragons. Sad.
post #18516 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
So I finally picked up EOT yesterday and plan to spin it tonight. But last night I had 5 spare minutes right before bed, so I ran upstairs and dropped it in real quick to hear that opening bass sweep everyones been taking about. It lived up to expectations. Pure bass heaven on dual SVS cylinders. I was actually surprised how clean it was. On the first pass I had the volume tamped down down to make sure I didn't blow anything, so I started cranking it up higher and higher. Fantastic.

After a few sweeps, I'm sitting there giggling like a kid, and my wife suddenly appears in the room, hands on her hips, and asks what the frack I'm doing. Feeling like I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I say, "Um, I was listening to bass sweeps from that new movie I told you about." Long pause. Play it for me, she says, and sits down. Surprised at this, I happily oblige, and let it rip at near reference.

After the room quits shaking, she looks at me and says, "That was awesome." I'd expected her to yawn, or say guys are such dorks, or whatever, but nothing like this. So I say, "You're kidding me, right? You're just messing with me." But she says, "No, I love bass like that. It was AWESOME." I nearly fell out of my chair.

True freaking story. Wife is a bass head. She'll probably "make me" play EOT tonight. Unbelievable.
Nice. What sub woofer do you have? You must have things firmly secured in your viewing room.
post #18517 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Winter Soldier was a fantastic audio track and definitely the best of the bunch of this seasons releases that I have watched so far. This track really puts the clipping/compression in Godzilla and T4 into proper context along with the lacking extension. I still enjoyed Godzilla and really enjoyed T4 bass/audio, but there is no question that WS is a clear step above those in general in dynamics, extension and is just the type of track you want to keep turning up because it sounds so good, clean and dynamic. I understand Maxmercy's comments better now about how fatiguing something like T4 or Into Darkness is in comparison to something like WS. WS reminded me of the audio on Three Musketeers to some degree which is also a track (to my ears at least) that is very dynamic, clean, mixed very well and with full range LFE support.

Also revisited Troll Hunter which is a really fun audio track/LFE movie!
Fully Agree on Winter Soldier - amazing all around
Troll Hunter lot of fun too
will have to check out Three Musketeers - I like Paul W.S. Anderson flics and having Jovovich does not hurt
Toe and discone like this.

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #18518 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
So sooo soooo very disapointed ................part one was literally was one of the best bass flicks ever made and now I hear the 2nd has been filtered .

Did Randy Thom have any say in this?...I thought I saw his name as one of the sound designers or something .

Words, cannot express how disapointed I am right now
ambesolman likes this.
post #18519 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post
So sooo soooo very disapointed ................part one was literally was one of the best bass flicks ever made and now I hear the 2nd has been filtered .

Did Randy Thom have any say in this?...I thought I saw his name as one of the sound designers or something .

Words, cannot express how disapointed I am right now
It was said that Xmen DOFP didnt have bass too before we saw any graphs. I am still holding out hope!
audiofan1 likes this.
post #18520 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Just finished watching HTTYD 2 in 3D...

I listened to it VERY loud and could've gone louder cause it did not feel loud.
The bass...very disappointing! Couple of rumble spots and all of it at the end...nothing to brag about on this one.
So disappointed

The movie was really good and well thought out.
If I re-watch it...I will put my subs 40DB hot

I feel like this now...

ON the next movie with lots of bass (don't know which one)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angry-homer.gif
Views:	82
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	320754   Click image for larger version

Name:	sad homer8.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	320762  
audiofan1 and berstuck like this.

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
post #18521 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Fully Agree on Winter Soldier - amazing all around
Troll Hunter lot of fun too
will have to check out Three Musketeers - I like Paul W.S. Anderson flics and having Jovovich does not hurt
I'm sure you will love Three Musketeers for audio!

Last edited by Toe; Yesterday at 08:50 PM.
post #18522 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigen View Post
Nice. What sub woofer do you have? You must have things firmly secured in your viewing room.
We've got PB12 NSD's, and yup things are pretty secure. Had to tighten down all the HVAC vents a few months ago during U-571. They were rattling bad.

Since then, the only thing that happens sometimes is a refreshing adult beverage might spill a little. :-0

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #18523 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 234
So, so, so disappointed. Pretty awful bass, considering expectations. So many opportunities lost. Does it seem like Randy Thom has mailed it in recently? The Croods was the last one i recall him doing and that was disappointing, too.

I also stand by my assessment of DOFP. Go back and watch First Class and then tell me how good DOFP was.
post #18524 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Say it isn't so Fatshaft! Man, I was SO looking forward to this release! Thanks for the report. Was the 3d good at least?

post #18525 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 463
I liked DOFP! I watch most movies at 8-10 dBs hot and this one had lots of deep stuff. The sweep was one of the deepest ever! Great movie and great overall sound, I love it! IMHO much better than TF4. I liked the overall sound better than EoT as well. First class had louder bass but this one felt more dynamic. Let's put it this way, all the x-men had awesome bass.
post #18526 of 18525 Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 33
HTTYD2 has a craptastic soundtrack. I was extremely disappointed. It seeemed like every scene that should have had some bass, had almost none. Then at the very end, when the tusk hits the ground you get the biggest bass blast in the movie(still lackluster though). Didn't make any sense. Just like to reiterate also what everyone else is saying here, DOFP was the exact opposite. Great soundtrack, and even more importantly great movie.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page