The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 631 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18901 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 661
I just watched Fight Club, fun movie and very interesting with some good bass. But I have to say I'm trying to figure out the 4.5 star rating. I think I would have given it a 4 star at best. But to be fair I just watch the Hulk the other day so I might have a warped perspective on all things bass right now.

It's funny how subjective this can be. Fight Club is currently ranked at 4.5 and I think that's a little generous and some are saying EOT should only be 4.0 and I think it should be a 4.5 or more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18902 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
Interstellar in IMAX was incredible. I've never felt and heard a theater and it's structure vibrate like that before.

Agreed! I saw it in our local Regal RPX theater - 100kW! It felt like the entire theater was about to blast off!
post #18903 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
EOT should only be 4.0 and I think it should be a 4.5 or more.
i quoted yours because most recent, but this goes to others about EOT....if that intro scene is removed, is your rating still the same? don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the movie and thought the overall presentation was great. i recently watched it and don't recall any amazing bass moments other than the intro...nothing else memorable. i'm not saying it was no good, just that most of the 4.5 and above have multiple memorable scenes. other than the intro, i don't know if i can think of another scene to jump to that would be considered demo material, you know? i'd agree with about a 4.0, but the intro would be an 8. lol.
post #18904 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
i quoted yours because most recent, but this goes to others about EOT....if that intro scene is removed, is your rating still the same? don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the movie and thought the overall presentation was great. i recently watched it and don't recall any amazing bass moments other than the intro...nothing else memorable. i'm not saying it was no good, just that most of the 4.5 and above have multiple memorable scenes. other than the intro, i don't know if i can think of another scene to jump to that would be considered demo material, you know? i'd agree with about a 4.0, but the intro would be an 8. lol.
Hmm… That's an interesting point. And now that you mention it you might well be right.

Well darn it, now I'll have to go back and watch EOT all over again while paying better attention to the movie and ignoring that opening sweep.
post #18905 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 115
hard to ignore the intro sweep for sure. i played it about 8 times in a row because it was sweet. again, not sure if that affected my perception of the rest of the bass in the movie, but i'm usually pretty good about picking more than one favorite scene bass-wise. different types of boom are always cool.
post #18906 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 10:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Maxmercy measured the EoT movie without the Intro and it still measures very well. The level lowers one notch but everything else is the same. The measurements say it has very good bass, not the best of all time, but very good. It also has the best opening ever but a few don't like.
post #18907 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post

I brought this up on data-bass and wondered the same thing. I expected the movie to measure great with or without that ridiculous opening sweep, but would people still be talking about this bass track to the degree that it has been discussed if that sweep never existed? We will never know obviously, but there is no doubt in my mind this bass track would not be getting this much attention if that out of place and overdone intro was not there.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #18908 of 18910 Old 11-19-2014, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I just watched Fight Club, fun movie and very interesting with some good bass. But I have to say I'm trying to figure out the 4.5 star rating. I think I would have given it a 4 star at best. But to be fair I just watch the Hulk the other day so I might have a warped perspective on all things bass right now.

It's funny how subjective this can be. Fight Club is currently ranked at 4.5 and I think that's a little generous and some are saying EOT should only be 4.0 and I think it should be a 4.5 or more.
I am in the minority here but I really disliked this movie. One of the most overrated films of all time especially for bass IMO! I will add that I have only watched this once and afterwards I realised it might have been a crap ripped version. That would account for the audio but the film still didn't do it for me. Donnie Darko is the best example of this type of genre for mine but does not belong on this thread.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #18909 of 18910 Old Yesterday, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygator View Post
Has anyone seen Earth To Echo? I just watched this and it has some great bass scenes. And it was only on DVD (Dolby Digital). Would like to check out the Blu-ray to see if the bass is as good (if not better)!
If you go back a few post's there has been talk that this film does have bass. I did watch the Blu-ray not the DVD so I can't compare, but the Blu-ray uses DTS and has less compression.

These are the 5-speaker surround formats (plus subwoofer):

(AC-3) This is the core technology for Dolby, very commonplace, available on all DVD's and HDTV broadasts, offering up to 5 speakers. Encoded at 24-bit/48kHz with a transfer rate of 640Kbs.

(Digital Theater System) This is DTS's core technology, not as common as Dolby Digital and has 5 speakers, too. It is also encoded at 24-bit/48kHz but has a higher transfer rate (1.5Mbs) than Dolby Digital and uses less compression:
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com