The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 632 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18931 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Expendables 3- TrueHD Track

Very impressive audio on this - not sure how low it went but maybe my favourite audio track of the year so far.
my chest took a beating
love these type of action flicks and this disc delivered on all aspects - audio / video / action
Might have to blind buy since I own the other two. Thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Good to hear , I just put it at the top of the Que, will be nice to see if it can change my mind on Cap 2 for years best
Do we have confirmation that the rental is lossy since it's Lionsgate? Probably not since it's not out yet, but maybe there has been news of this somewhere?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP

Last edited by Toe; Yesterday at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18932 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
So you liked the movie? I seen on Rotten Tomatoes it received a 33% critic and 50% viewer rating. Worth a buy?

Did anybody get to spin the Guardians of the Galaxy yet? I see that is coming up along with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I heard Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was really good. Seen GOTG at the theater in the summer and thought it was pretty good.
Well you know what to expect - it delivers on that for sure - if watching on a tablet - meh
125 inch screen and top notch audio system - its pure fun

hope to get discs of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy this week
looking forward to both

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #18933 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Awesome. Can't wait to spin it with atmos!!$
report back for sure on the atmos - surround mixing is fantastic on 7.1

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #18934 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Anyone watch the Hunger Games Mockingjay in theaters? The first scene had a low rumble that was shaking the floor similar to Edge of tomorrow but not as deep. If I had to guess, it was probably around 25hz.
post #18935 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Did anybody get to spin the Guardians of the Galaxy yet?
Saw it yesterday in 3D at VERY LOUD VOLUME!
This is what 3D should look like..I completely enjoyed the movie.

Not much to brag about in the LFE but a couple of nice hits here and there. That's not what I want.
Wasn't overly loud IMO...The space scenes were freakin awesome to me especially on a JVC projector with it's excellent blacks.

Oh and this is on a 10hr use bulb

Can't wait to watch it again with my son.

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
post #18936 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Well you know what to expect - it delivers on that for sure - if watching on a tablet - meh
125 inch screen and top notch audio system - its pure fun

hope to get discs of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy this week
looking forward to both
Cool thanks. If I can get it for $18 I may grab it. I went to get In to the Storm and it was $25, no thanks. I always manage to get the best releases at a good price, it is the crappy ones that are more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
Saw it yesterday in 3D at VERY LOUD VOLUME!
This is what 3D should look like..I completely enjoyed the movie.

Not much to brag about in the LFE but a couple of nice hits here and there. That's not what I want.
Wasn't overly loud IMO...The space scenes were freakin awesome to me especially on a JVC projector with it's excellent blacks.

Oh and this is on a 10hr use bulb

Can't wait to watch it again with my son.
I guess we are still looking for that big bass monster movie of the year. I was hoping this might be the one before the end of the year. I am trying to think what is the best movie of the year so far? Lone Survivor ?
post #18937 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Haven't have time my system lately. But just got off work and picked up Into The Storm and Maleficent. Hope these are good with bass movies..
post #18938 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Are there any charts for Transformers 4? Is it filtered?

Also, in the December issue of S&V Greg P. Russell is talking about the mix for the movie. Just like he did with part 3, he created a home theater mix. There's also a home theater mix for Atmos too. I like the way his home mix for part 3 sounded. But I just don't understand why we can't have the theatrical mix for movies too. Isn't it less work just to transfer the theatrical mix to bluray instead of creating a whole new one?

home theater addict
post #18939 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Might have to blind buy since I own the other two. Thanks for the report!

Do we have confirmation that the rental is lossy since it's Lionsgate? Probably not since it's not out yet, but maybe there has been news of this somewhere?
Argh! come on Toe! I completely forgot about the Lionsgate lets give it the "made from concentrate contains 5% of the real thing treatment" Me forgetting is largely due to the buying spree lately this slipped my mind but Oh well maybe because its close to the holidays they'll have a change of heart
post #18940 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Argh! come on Toe! I completely forgot about the Lionsgate lets give it the "made from concentrate contains 5% of the real thing treatment" Me forgetting is largely due to the buying spree lately this slipped my mind but Oh well maybe because its close to the holidays they'll have a change of heart
Ha! That would be nice! I'm curious to hear if it's lossy if you end up renting it.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #18941 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
So you liked the movie? I seen on Rotten Tomatoes it received a 33% critic and 50% viewer rating. Worth a buy?

Did anybody get to spin the Guardians of the Galaxy yet? I see that is coming up along with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I heard Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was really good. Seen GOTG at the theater in the summer and thought it was pretty good.
Dawn of The Planet of the Apes had a couple of okay scenes but nothing spectacular.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #18942 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 117
i just saw big hero 6 in the theater with my kids. fun ride for sure. there were a few moments that seem like they will be boomers...but given the recent trend i guess we will have to see if it ends up neutered. the visuals should be spectacular on blu tho. kids loved it too, so it will be a definite buy.

i so can't wait for guardians to come out. my favorite movie of the year with cap 2 very close behind. maybe it won't be a bass monster, but the soundtrack should make up for it. such cool music that flows well with the movie.

expendables....meh, ill pass. i feel like i wasted almost 2 hours of my time watching part 1...i won't be fooled by parts 2 and 3.
post #18943 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
Are there any charts for Transformers 4? Is it filtered?

Also, in the December issue of S&V Greg P. Russell is talking about the mix for the movie. Just like he did with part 3, he created a home theater mix. There's also a home theater mix for Atmos too. I like the way his home mix for part 3 sounded. But I just don't understand why we can't have the theatrical mix for movies too. Isn't it less work just to transfer the theatrical mix to bluray instead of creating a whole new one?
http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.p...-closed/page-4
post #18944 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Is it just me or besides the opening credits. Edge of tomorrow doesn't have very strong bass.
post #18945 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 117
it's ok, but nothing memorable.
post #18946 of 18946 Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 463
The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
you should have rewatched the same part of the movie to make that decision. i feel like the second half of the movie was much more bass heavy since the first part was the retarded part where they were setting up marky mark's character. Talk about a waste of time in an otherwise pretty cool movie.

the 12 pack of surge that you ordered is just hilarious. at first though, i thought it was the old jolt cola. i thought you were going to be up for days!

"Made with real sugar and twice the caffeine!"

Too bad it tasted like old flat coke[emoji12]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page