The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 633 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18961 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Sunday delivery came this morning around 9:30. Now which of these three movies do I want to spin first, T4, TIH or WoTW? I'm thinking T4.

Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
you really can't go wrong with any of those. i personally love TIH as far as just being a great movie, and the bass will beat you down! i have to be in the mood to watch WOTW all the way through...although i did throw it in the other day just to hear the pod emergence scene, lol. T4 is pretty good if you fast forward about 45 minutes to get to the actual movie part, and not the marky mark setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18962 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
you really can't go wrong with any of those. i personally love TIH as far as just being a great movie, and the bass will beat you down! i have to be in the mood to watch WOTW all the way through...although i did throw it in the other day just to hear the pod emergence scene, lol. T4 is pretty good if you fast forward about 45 minutes to get to the actual movie part, and not the marky mark setup.

Where exactly is the pod scene at in WoTW so I can go straight to that.

post #18963 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
The Incredible Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
What an incredible bass movie!!!! Love that flick
Picking up Hitman and want to get The Incredible Hulk. But confused which Hulk movie. Is this with actress Jennifer Connelly of Liv Tyler?
post #18964 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Picking up Hitman and want to get The Incredible Hulk. But confused which Hulk movie. Is this with actress Jennifer Connelly of Liv Tyler?

Edward Norton and Liv Tyler.

post #18965 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Edward Norton and Liv Tyler.

Hi Gamecock24, thanks.
Gamecock24 likes this.
post #18966 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Where exactly is the pod scene at in WoTW so I can go straight to that.

it's fairly early in the movie. i'm sorry i don't have the time stamp, but if you are in the scene selector menu, it is the third screen square i believe. third or fourth. but you will also want to watch the lightning scene as well because it hits hard and is super dynamic. very cool to watch that, then jump to the next scene which is pod emerge, and let it run all the way through the alien lasers wiping people out. you will get a great sense of what your system is capable of with these three scenes as they all are different flavors of bass. after watching those, i typically shut it off and watch something else, lol. the scene square shows a house with some storm clouds above the roofline, if that helps any.
post #18967 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
it's fairly early in the movie. i'm sorry i don't have the time stamp, but if you are in the scene selector menu, it is the third screen square i believe. third or fourth. but you will also want to watch the lightning scene as well because it hits hard and is super dynamic. very cool to watch that, then jump to the next scene which is pod emerge, and let it run all the way through the alien lasers wiping people out. you will get a great sense of what your system is capable of with these three scenes as they all are different flavors of bass. after watching those, i typically shut it off and watch something else, lol. the scene square shows a house with some storm clouds above the roofline, if that helps any.

I saw that scene and am about half way through when I realize I had the bass trim all the way down on my AVR. i was still impressed and usually only turn it up to -3db. I hope there is some more heavy bass later in the movie now that I have the bass trim turned back up.

post #18968 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

yeah, it would be worth your while to rewind then!
post #18969 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

I wish I could rewind it the wife had enough of the pommeling once I turned it up for the ferry scene.

post #18970 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Sunday delivery came this morning around 9:30. Now which of these three movies do I want to spin first, T4, TIH or WoTW? I'm thinking T4.

I'd watch in that order, leaving the king for last[emoji6]

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #18971 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
I saw that scene and am about half way through when I realize I had the bass trim all the way down on my AVR. i was still impressed and usually only turn it up to -3db. I hope there is some more heavy bass later in the movie now that I have the bass trim turned back up.
WHAT!!!!!!!! How in the world did the sub trim get there? Looks like some evil Gremlins have been messing with your HT setup.
post #18972 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
After recently watching T4 and TIH I would say save those two for last and finish up with TIH because that movie is an end to end bass fest.
post #18973 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
WHAT!!!!!!!! How in the world did the sub trim get there? Looks like some evil Gremlins have been messing with your HT setup.

I had turned it down last night while watching some college football because the commercials suck so bad and God awful loud. I don't need the iNuke pumping out commercial bass b

post #18974 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
My Denon 4520 has done some goofy stuff now and again. I have gone in and many things were changed, but never sub trims. I know I go in and take a peek every once in awhile and make sure all is good. I just think Audyssey is programed to come back on if you shut it off
post #18975 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Into The Storm was a fun movie. The bass seemed pretty good and made couch rumble almost the entire movie! This was not the lossless mix however. It was streamed via iTunes. The overall mix was fairly engaging and I actually liked the movie!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Marantz AV8801 pre-pro / MM8077 amp
Martin Logan Motion 50XT Center
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Fronts/40 Rears
REL R-528 SE (2)
Oppo BDP-103D/Playstation 4/Furman ELITE-20 PF i
post #18976 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

T4 was pretty awesome the front height speakers definitely got a work along with all the others. I usually listen with NEO X on but I went with the DSX and heights set to +5. I was hoping the Atmos mix might have some native front height content but it didn't. After WoTW and T4 I'm done for the night I need a break. I think the HST 18 maybe broke in now after today's content.

dlbeck, ambesolman and DrMichael like this.
post #18977 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Into The Storm was a fun movie. The bass seemed pretty good and made couch rumble almost the entire movie! This was not the lossless mix however. It was streamed via iTunes. The overall mix was fairly engaging and I actually liked the movie!
this is good to hear. my daughter has been wearing me out about getting this movie. not sure i want to blind buy though. i can only imagine how cool the twisters sound with today's technology. i can remember the old movie "twister" was amazing at the time for surround material at the theater.
post #18978 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
this is good to hear. my daughter has been wearing me out about getting this movie. not sure i want to blind buy though. i can only imagine how cool the twisters sound with today's technology. i can remember the old movie "twister" was amazing at the time for surround material at the theater.
I think it's a safe blind buy for demo sound when it goes back on sale. I wouldn't pay full price for this one. It seems like one that will go to $12 for the holidays

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Marantz AV8801 pre-pro / MM8077 amp
Martin Logan Motion 50XT Center
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Fronts/40 Rears
REL R-528 SE (2)
Oppo BDP-103D/Playstation 4/Furman ELITE-20 PF i
post #18979 of 18985 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

i'd buy that for $12.
biotron2000 likes this.
post #18980 of 18985 Old Today, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
Welcome back bori !! We missed you around here ! Were you able to salvage some of your HT gear or did you have to replace some of the components ?
Yep you have some catching up to do, as there have been some really nice bass flicks that are out and ready for viewing.
T-4 is indeed a bass monster with a awesome sound track.
Post as you go .

Yes most of my electronic components survived. I was quick with that. Most Importantly My 200 pound Epik Conquest survived. This sucker is a bitch to move and lift when trying to avoid it getting wet. Thanks glad to be back. Already watched T4 and edge of tomorrow Started to watch Xmen but it seems like all this movies are going down hill compared to T4. Any recommendations on what new movies can compare to T4?
post #18981 of 18985 Old Today, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
T4 was good fun but I wouldn't place it into 5 star category. I prefer the bass to have a bit more detail and impact/weight than what was on offer here. Sure it had many, many sweeps and was a solid workout for the subs but it just didn't excite me like some of the greats have (Tron:Legacy, TIH, Hellboy2 etc). I also felt it was just more of the same from the previous films in the series but turned up to Eleven Nigel.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2 Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Rotel RSP 1570
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amps: Behringer EP 4000, Crown XLS 5000
post #18982 of 18985 Old Today, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Well I guess that depends on what time they are delivered. All those bass heavy movies would have to be over before my daughter goes to bed because if I have to turn it down per the wife then there is no point in even starting to watch them. Although T4 is the only one that I haven't seen yet so TIH or WoTW maybe late nights contenders to be watched at lower levels.

Don't know if it helps, but I'll describe my situation. I have a wife that hates sound below 200hZ and even with a low volume, she comes from the bedroom with an angry face, telling me to turn the volume down. Also, I have a 4,5 year old son and a 2,5 year old daughter. Oh, and I have a PB13 Ultra subwoofer in the living room after the fight of the century with my wife.

Anyway, to my surprise, when they fall asleep, even if i crank up the volume even close to reference levels, they don't wake up!

I can easily put the AVR at -10dB and noone will wake up, even if the bedrooms are 2m. away from the living room.
Of course, I close all the doors, but you should try it sometimes and be pleasantly surprised!

I have told my wife several times that I have played in very loud volumes and she says that she didn't hear anything (noticing of course that if she did, I would have known immediately!)
post #18983 of 18985 Old Today, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
So Last night I watched Lucy and it was a great bass flick....lots of deep pulsating bass, especially in the intro. I felt there could be some good ulf moments, I did not get to watch it very loud(-25) and my walls were shaking. I am guessing some 20hz stuff and it is recorded "hot".
post #18984 of 18985 Old Today, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 679
how was that as a movie? I was considering picking it up...

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

PSB Imagine B for sale:http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post987985
post #18985 of 18985 Old Today, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
Don't know if it helps, but I'll describe my situation. I have a wife that hates sound below 200hZ and even with a low volume, she comes from the bedroom with an angry face, telling me to turn the volume down. Also, I have a 4,5 year old son and a 2,5 year old daughter. Oh, and I have a PB13 Ultra subwoofer in the living room after the fight of the century with my wife.

Anyway, to my surprise, when they fall asleep, even if i crank up the volume even close to reference levels, they don't wake up!

I can easily put the AVR at -10dB and noone will wake up, even if the bedrooms are 2m. away from the living room.
Of course, I close all the doors, but you should try it sometimes and be pleasantly surprised!

I have told my wife several times that I have played in very loud volumes and she says that she didn't hear anything (noticing of course that if she did, I would have known immediately!)
I do the exact same thing - since birth both my kids sleep with white noise in their rooms and we do the same in our bedroom. Cant hear anything while youre in the rooms except maybe a little bit of bass, but nothing that would wake anyone up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com