The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 634 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18991 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
this is good to hear. my daughter has been wearing me out about getting this movie. not sure i want to blind buy though. i can only imagine how cool the twisters sound with today's technology. i can remember the old movie "twister" was amazing at the time for surround material at the theater.
Ha, yea I remember the guys that installed my dad's first surround system used that and "Lost in Space" as their two demo tracks for his surround system. I think that was when my sickness began...all those years ago in the basement of our old house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
Don't know if it helps, but I'll describe my situation. I have a wife that hates sound below 200hZ and even with a low volume, she comes from the bedroom with an angry face, telling me to turn the volume down. Also, I have a 4,5 year old son and a 2,5 year old daughter. Oh, and I have a PB13 Ultra subwoofer in the living room after the fight of the century with my wife.

Anyway, to my surprise, when they fall asleep, even if i crank up the volume even close to reference levels, they don't wake up!

I can easily put the AVR at -10dB and noone will wake up, even if the bedrooms are 2m. away from the living room.
Of course, I close all the doors, but you should try it sometimes and be pleasantly surprised!

I have told my wife several times that I have played in very loud volumes and she says that she didn't hear anything (noticing of course that if she did, I would have known immediately!)
You are flirting with disaster my friend! haha. You'll be watching that movie one night that has a big bass hit you didn't expect and then boom goes the doghouse door.... I can't do movies anywhere near -10 with my full sub system on and the wife is 2 floors above me! To her defense it rattles that whole side of the house pretty intensely.
Surfdrifter likes this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18992 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
Yes most of my electronic components survived. I was quick with that. Most Importantly My 200 pound Epik Conquest survived. This sucker is a bitch to move and lift when trying to avoid it getting wet. Thanks glad to be back. Already watched T4 and edge of tomorrow Started to watch Xmen but it seems like all this movies are going down hill compared to T4. Any recommendations on what new movies can compare to T4?
What a monster to move around a 200 pound Epik Conquest subwoofer !! T4 in my opinion is definitely a solid performer with the use of bass and surrounds, but falls a wee bit short on really deep extension like TIH and X-Men FC !! Godzilla 2014 is one you may want to check out as it has plenty of what I call mid bass, again nothing really deep.
I gave X-Men FC a spin yesterday and quickly remembered how good that bass was in that one ! My couch and floor felt as though somebody was in the room stomping around.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #18993 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Where exactly is the pod scene at in WoTW so I can go straight to that.
Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
Estimated timing...

00:15:15 Lightning
00:21:40 Pods emerge
00:23:35 Ground implodes
00:26:15 Heat ray
00:39:20 Plane crash
01:03:00 Boat
ambesolman and Gamecock24 like this.
post #18994 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
Watching Into the storm. Finally something with good bass. Besides T4.
Good deal on Into the storm as I have yet to see and hear that one. Looking at other post in this thread these have bass, Earth To Echo and The Expendables 3.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #18995 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Has anyone seen Snowpiercer? The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are pretty good, I'm just wondering how the audio/bass is.

thanks
post #18996 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Has anyone seen Snowpiercer? The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are pretty good, I'm just wondering how the audio/bass is.

thanks
I thought the bass supported the film very well and there is nothing to complain about IMO. Having said that, it certainly wont make your "demo" list for bass in light of the competition. I enjoyed the film, but opinions like most movies are all over the map so might be best to rent first.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #18997 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I thought the bass supported the film very well and there is nothing to complain about IMO. Having said that, it certainly wont make your "demo" list for bass in light of the competition. I enjoyed the film, but opinions like most movies are all over the map so might be best to rent first.
Thanks man. I'm looking for what to get next on Netflix (disk not streaming) for this coming weekend, my wife and I usually watch 1 movie each weekend.

Trying to decide between Snowpiercer, 22 Jump Street, or just go for the crappy movie but great sound (Into the Storm). We watched X Men this last weekend, that will be tough to beat I really enjoyed it.
Toe likes this.
post #18998 of 19007 Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:

thanks
Just watched it friday. Interesting movie - like hunger games on a train. Lots of violence.

Parts of it have really deep bass, I think it was tested on data-bass and was unfiltered.
post #18999 of 19007 Old Today, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The new x-men was pretty disappointing.
post #19000 of 19007 Old Today, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

The levels are low, but it is all there, turn the LFE up.

AVR-Yamaha A830
amps-5 Adcom 555 in 850 watt monoblock mode
sub amp-Sanway FP14K
LCR-Dual stacked BFM DR-250's
Surrounds- Dual stacked BFM W10's
subs-12 SI 18's ported 6hz.
post #19001 of 19007 Old Today, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
How is the movie "Moon"? I didn't have much luck on the search. Kept getting the Transformers movie instead.
post #19002 of 19007 Old Today, 11:46 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Thanks man. I'm looking for what to get next on Netflix (disk not streaming) for this coming weekend, my wife and I usually watch 1 movie each weekend.

Trying to decide between Snowpiercer, 22 Jump Street, or just go for the crappy movie but great sound (Into the Storm). We watched X Men this last weekend, that will be tough to beat I really enjoyed it.
http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.p...scussion-poll/

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #19003 of 19007 Old Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

post #19004 of 19007 Old Today, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe it's because it has been awhile since I've watched a movie in my room but I was impressed. I do run the bass pretty hot though.
post #19005 of 19007 Old Today, 01:49 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
I thought the LFE was great in this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #19006 of 19007 Old Today, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Jurassic World trailer out today
http://www.jurassicworldmovie.com/

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page