The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 645 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #19321 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
has anyone compared the non-atmos track to the atmos version? maybe we are starting to get what we all want, which would be a full extension track for us audio nuts, while the non atmos track can be for the HTIB and non HT people out there. you have to figure that the only ones that would be atmos capable right now would be the audiophiles anyway, right?
I don't think the Atmos track on NT digs down all the way, but I could be wrong. I'm guessing it starts to roll off around 20hz or so, but I am curious to see the measurements.
audiofan1 likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19322 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 134
even if it rolls at 10, that is much, much better than 30. for those of us that can get in the upper teens, losing between 30 and say 18, thats a big piece of the spectrum. i would take 10 any day....beyond that i don't think im missing much. or, let me rephrase...at this point im not willing to set up 10 18" subs with 10 million watts to experience 10 and below, nor do i want to spend that much money. but when you take a great action movie that is cut off at 30, and something blows up and it just "feels" like it's missing something to make it seem real....that's what i have issues with. especially when it's due to catering to the people that don't care enough to have a capable system. i just feel that if you are going to tout HD with bluray, it should be no holds barred and designed for the audio enthusiast. especially with the large amount of storage on a blu, there should be room for an audiophile grade track. either that, or neuter the non HD track for each disk and leave the other ones full bandwidth.
post #19323 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 763
"Don't care enough to have a capable system." WTH is that supposed to mean? I'm not the PC police, but I would never even think about degrading someone like that. That's like Popalock coming on and saying only people who can play down to 1Hz can participate on this thread. And audiophiles are usually 2.0 only and try to recreate the sound as it was recorded.
post #19324 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
even if it rolls at 10, that is much, much better than 30. for those of us that can get in the upper teens, losing between 30 and say 18, thats a big piece of the spectrum. i would take 10 any day....beyond that i don't think im missing much. or, let me rephrase...at this point im not willing to set up 10 18" subs with 10 million watts to experience 10 and below, nor do i want to spend that much money. but when you take a great action movie that is cut off at 30, and something blows up and it just "feels" like it's missing something to make it seem real....that's what i have issues with. especially when it's due to catering to the people that don't care enough to have a capable system. i just feel that if you are going to tout HD with bluray, it should be no holds barred and designed for the audio enthusiast. especially with the large amount of storage on a blu, there should be room for an audiophile grade track. either that, or neuter the non HD track for each disk and leave the other ones full bandwidth.
I agree. I am strong down to around 12hz in my room with my subs and well above reference level output 15hz and above. My buttkickers take over where my subs leave off. I am not about to overhaul my entire sub system for that last bit of extension, especially since I get it with my kickers.

post #19325 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I agree. I am strong down to around 12hz in my room with my subs and well above reference level output 15hz and above. My buttkickers take over where my subs leave off. I am not about to overhaul my entire sub system for that last bit of extension, especially since I get it with my kickers.
Sweet! Are we talking DIY or ???
post #19326 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Sweet! Are we talking DIY or ???
I'm running 3 PB13 Ultras and a 12/2 Ultra along with dual Buttkickers. I get big room gain (which I leave intact for movies, but flatten out for music with my SMS) from about 45hz until my subs run out of gas in my smaller 12x17.5 sealed room.
audiofan1 likes this.

post #19327 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
"Don't care enough to have a capable system." WTH is that supposed to mean? I'm not the PC police, but I would never even think about degrading someone like that. That's like Popalock coming on and saying only people who can play down to 1Hz can participate on this thread. And audiophiles are usually 2.0 only and try to recreate the sound as it was recorded.
simmer down there mongo. you are taking my statement out of context. "don't care enough" referring to people that don't care about home theater and think that listening through regular TV speakers is "really good." in other words, people like most peoples wives that get a demo with regular TV speakers and then a top shelf AV system, and look at you and say, "sounds the same to me." if i was badmouthing anyone that has less than what popalock has, i would be degrading myself too. simply put, that is not what i wrote, nor what i intended for those that can't decipher my "confusing" text. relax man, nobody is trying to call you names or ridicule your home theater system.
post #19328 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I'm running 3 PB13 Ultras and a 12/2 Ultra along with dual Buttkickers. I get big room gain (which I leave intact for movies, but flatten out for music with my SMS) from about 45hz until my subs run out of gas in my smaller 12x17.5 sealed room.
I was hoping not! lol! I misread and thought you wrote that you were overhauling!but i see now you said "not about to" I had strong coffee earlier and the wife was pressing me to go shopping while reading

I think you more than have your lows covered
Toe likes this.
post #19329 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
simmer down there mongo. you are taking my statement out of context. "don't care enough" referring to people that don't care about home theater and think that listening through regular TV speakers is "really good." in other words, people like most peoples wives that get a demo with regular TV speakers and then a top shelf AV system, and look at you and say, "sounds the same to me." if i was badmouthing anyone that has less than what popalock has, i would be degrading myself too. simply put, that is not what i wrote, nor what i intended for those that can't decipher my "confusing" text. relax man, nobody is trying to call you names or ridicule your home theater system.
I'm a lucky chap indeed my wife told me to buy duals when I was only going to buy one it took two years later but she was right on this one

Now I got the Dean Martin song in my head! sing along if you know the words

"How lucky can one guy be!!!!!
Toe likes this.
post #19330 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Back to the bass

Just finished Into the Storm This bad boy rocked and has a huge tactile & jolt factor! It does a good job of convincing one of the terror of an F5 and that your own dwelling just may implode on you! My wife made the that was terrifying comment! as I pushed it up to "0" It just got louder but remained clean, this one has great level and dynamic range a for that gets a subject 5. go big on this baby bump the sub by 5db and hold on

I keep hearing about The Maze Runner and if its like anything that's been coming out lately, it gonna be a treat.

My fellow bassheads it seems I was right in my prediction earlier this year! This has been a great year for bass!
Toe likes this.

Last edited by audiofan1; Yesterday at 11:01 PM.
post #19331 of 19333 Unread Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I own all of the TMNT movies and they had some good bass even way back during the first movie. The cartoon is also very good for bass. whoever is in charge of that franchise likes bass and LSD. The mushroom fungus cartoon episode was classic. (I have a 4yo).

Just watched the new planet of apes. Some decent bass but didn't see clip lights until the very end.

We also watched the first dolphin movie with Morgan freeman and the underwater scenes sounded great.
post #19332 of 19333 Unread Today, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The Maze Runner's sound mix was very impressive with properly placed deep bass. I streamed the movie via iTunes then purchased the blu yesterday! I would highly recommend picking it up! I saw on another thread that Target will be having it at $14.99 in a few weeks so keep your eyes open if you were thinking of picking this one up

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Marantz AV8801 pre-pro / MM8077 amp
Martin Logan Motion 50XT Center
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Fronts/40 Rears
REL R-528 SE (2)
Oppo BDP-103D/Playstation 4/Furman ELITE-20 PF i
post #19333 of 19333 Unread Today, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
Reading stuff like this pumps the sh[t out of me...can't wait to watch Ninja Turtles now!!!
I'll be watching it in 3D also!

Thanks everyone!

PS. It will be loud here!
All the reports sounding great

Checking out for sure when back from holidays
Only bass fix for me lately was the Black Keys show
In orlando on Weds. Kids and I got really close to stage for the show. Awesome night

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com