The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 649 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts

Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Toe's Avatar Toe
09:33 PM Liked: 591
post #19441 of 19444
Yesterday | Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
what subs do you have? Because there is a TON more content in WOTW than Into The Storm. It really isn't close. But if your system only plays to where ITS has content and you just don't know all that you're missing from WOTW, then I can imagine you thinking they're comparable. They're really not.
I think he meant actual run time with bass in which case ITS would win. Of course WOTW wins for extension.
whatupdet's Avatar whatupdet
07:01 AM Liked: 14
post #19442 of 19444
Today | Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
what subs do you have? Because there is a TON more content in WOTW than Into The Storm. It really isn't close. But if your system only plays to where ITS has content and you just don't know all that you're missing from WOTW, then I can imagine you thinking they're comparable. They're really not.
I've got a SVS PB12-NSD which from what I read before I bought it was good to 20Hz before it starts to drop off and that 18Hz was possible depending on the room. The room I use it is about 1,500 cubic feet which is rather small but it's hard to decipher which movies here are going to be good for my system and which are going to seem empty because my sub can't play those lower frequencies.

Will the gain and/or volume I listen to movies have an effect on the bass I hear? I watch movies at varying levels though typically from -12 to -18, in rase cases I will listen at -7 to -10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I think he meant actual run time with bass in which case ITS would win. Of course WOTW wins for extension.
Yes I meant run time not extension.
wth718's Avatar wth718
07:19 AM Liked: 246
post #19443 of 19444
Today | Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatupdet View Post
I've got a SVS PB12-NSD which from what I read before I bought it was good to 20Hz before it starts to drop off and that 18Hz was possible depending on the room. The room I use it is about 1,500 cubic feet which is rather small but it's hard to decipher which movies here are going to be good for my system and which are going to seem empty because my sub can't play those lower frequencies.

Will the gain and/or volume I listen to movies have an effect on the bass I hear? I watch movies at varying levels though typically from -12 to -18, in rase cases I will listen at -7 to -10.
I used to run the PB10-NSD and have a similarly sized room. so have a pretty good idea what your system is capable of. Lots of factors come into play when you don't have full-bandwidth capability and trying to determine what will sound good in your room. I remember hearing about how great the F-ing Irene scene from Black Hawk Down was, and when I had the SVS I just didn't understand it. Now that I am pretty close to full-bandwidth, I do.

If there's lots of content below the tuning frequency of your sub, you will simply not experience it.

Here's ITS vs WOTW
Attached: post-17-0-90215500-1416315144.png (77.3 KB)  post-20-0-63595500-1385083576.jpg (86.4 KB) 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg
07:22 AM Liked: 806
post #19444 of 19444
Today | Posts: 3,878
No comparison between the two
Tags: The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr

Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Subscribe to this Thread