The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 653 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #19561 of 20738 Old 01-13-2015, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,566
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
See what happens when you actually unwrap your movies?[emoji16]


Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
LOL Gone Girl had ZERO bass except for a little airport noise. However a great movie! A Walk Among the Tombstones tomorrow night. I actually feel like watching Maze Runner again. I might go as far to say that it is the bass movie of the year I picked Lone Survivor this year, maybe not the deepest bass, but great bass and plenty of it. At the last second, Maze Runner edged it out.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 01-13-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19562 of 20738 Old 01-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,779
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwhammie View Post
So The Maze Runner finally hit Redbox today. I searched online to find a copy of the bluray, but I'm only able to search for the DVD. I then looked online to see if I could find if they're only doing the DVD release of this, but I couldn't find any info. Does anyone know any info on potential Maze Runner on Redbox? I seem to remember another movie a year (I don't remember which movie) or so ago that they only had the DVD copy.

I was looking forward to picking it up since it looks to have good video in addition to audio. I may just have to be archaic (ha) and get the DVD.
Interesting RB does not have the blu ray. Netflix definitely does as I just got it in the mail.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19563 of 20738 Old 01-13-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,887
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL Gone Girl had ZERO bass except for a little airport noise. However a great movie! A Walk Among the Tombstones tomorrow night. I actually feel like watching Maze Runner again. I might go as far to say that it is the bass movie of the year I picked Lone Survivor this year, maybe not the deepest bass, but great bass and plenty of it. At the last second, Maze Runner edged it out.
Great to hear Reef I was looking forward to this hitting RedBox. Well no Blu ray so scrap that. With the PJ and Oppo with Darbee processing it's a serious difference. I accidentally put in DVD of the 2nd Transformers months ago and 25 seconds in my wife asks, "is this the dvd?" because it looked so bad. HD spoils you!

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #19564 of 20738 Old 01-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
GPBURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL Gone Girl had ZERO bass except for a little airport noise. However a great movie! A Walk Among the Tombstones tomorrow night. I actually feel like watching Maze Runner again. I might go as far to say that it is the bass movie of the year I picked Lone Survivor this year, maybe not the deepest bass, but great bass and plenty of it. At the last second, Maze Runner edged it out.
watched A Walk Among the Tombstones tonight - mostly dialogue driven film - not much action outside of 2 shootout scenes.
Gunshot fire in those scenes are hyper dynamic thou and pretty much rip through the room - very cool.

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
GPBURNS is offline  
post #19565 of 20738 Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,360
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
watched A Walk Among the Tombstones tonight - mostly dialogue driven film - not much action outside of 2 shootout scenes.
Gunshot fire in those scenes are hyper dynamic thou and pretty much rip through the room - very cool.
That's a new one...

Makes me think of cars.

Has anyone ever heard exotic or muscle dynamic?
bouf0010 likes this.
popalock is offline  
post #19566 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 03:06 AM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Well mail ran yesterday and received both The Maze Runner and Ragnarok.

I chose The Maze Runner last night. I enjoyed the film and it kept me guessing all along to what was this about. I'll be looking forward to the release of The Maze Runner: Scorch Trails in September.

From the ride up and the title showing on the screen as well as reviews here I knew it was going to be a great audio experience. I was not disappointed at all from the bass or the use of the surrounds as the maze shifted. I can only hope they continue the audio mix in the next installment.
Ray77085 likes this.
discone is offline  
post #19567 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Member
 
nb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argyle, TX
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
The bluray version of Maze Runner at Redbox is not available in my area either. I've also noticed lately that this is occurring with other recent releases as well.
Noticed that in my area as well. I did a live chat with them and RB said it depended on there supplier?? I really wonder what is behind this, as I noticed that some other movies are not available on BD from RB.

nb67 is offline  
post #19568 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,254
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL Gone Girl had ZERO bass except for a little airport noise. However a great movie! A Walk Among the Tombstones tomorrow night. I actually feel like watching Maze Runner again. I might go as far to say that it is the bass movie of the year I picked Lone Survivor this year, maybe not the deepest bass, but great bass and plenty of it. At the last second, Maze Runner edged it out.
LOL, the year is only two weeks old! That's a bold call so early.

Just kidding, I know you're referring to the fact that it was released in the Fall of 2014. But for some reason in my mind I think in terms of when it hits home theater, I guess because I rarely go to the theater anymore.
Hopinater is offline  
post #19569 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,023
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
LOL, the year is only two weeks old! That's a bold call so early.

Just kidding, I know you're referring to the fact that it was released in the Fall of 2014. But for some reason in my mind I think in terms of when it hits home theater, I guess because I rarely go to the theater anymore.
it hit HT in december

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPR-5 | XPA-1L x2 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #19570 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 AM
The Truth Hz
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,921
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Liked: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
That's a new one...

Makes me think of cars.

Has anyone ever heard exotic or muscle dynamic?
Have you watched Maze Runner yet? The bass is pretty garlicky in that one I also saw one guy at DB that said GotG had some great "macrodynamic swings" which had me pondering for a second...

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread


Last edited by beastaudio; 01-14-2015 at 09:39 AM.
beastaudio is offline  
post #19571 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,254
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
it hit HT in december
LOL it just snuck in at the last moment.
Hopinater is offline  
post #19572 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Ragnarok has to be the LFE sleeper hit of the year! This track let's you know it means business right from the opening and there are many great LFE moments throughout (but more toward the end). Well worth a rent for bass heads. PQ held up well on my screen also.
didn't even know this one existed. Just added to the queue. Thanks
Toe likes this.
mo949 is offline  
post #19573 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
The bluray version of Maze Runner at Redbox is not available in my area either. I've also noticed lately that this is occurring with other recent releases as well.
Yep,
That really blows that Redbox doesn't have the BD of Maze Runner !!
I can't keep doing blind buys !!
I have other options to view it such as Directv etc, but I prefer the BD.
Another title not on BD is Snowpiercer ( I have yet to view that one).

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #19574 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Well mail ran yesterday and received both The Maze Runner and Ragnarok.

I chose The Maze Runner last night. I enjoyed the film and it kept me guessing all along to what was this about. I'll be looking forward to the release of The Maze Runner: Scorch Trails in September.

From the ride up and the title showing on the screen as well as reviews here I knew it was going to be a great audio experience. I was not disappointed at all from the bass or the use of the surrounds as the maze shifted. I can only hope they continue the audio mix in the next installment.
Glad to hear you enjoyed MR !! Is it worth a blind buy ? Man I have to stop doing these blind buys !!
discone likes this.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #19575 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,779
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
Yep,
That really blows that Redbox doesn't have the BD of Maze Runner !!
I can't keep doing blind buys !!
I have other options to view it such as Directv etc, but I prefer the BD.
Another title not on BD is Snowpiercer ( I have yet to view that one).
Netflix has both on blu ray. You could always just join for a month or so and rent these titles plus whatever else.
Ray77085 likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19576 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Newbie
 
Dynokween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can't wait to try some of these movies!

Thanks for the list guys

7."3" HT/TV/Gaming & 2 Channel Gym System
Marantz AV7701 | Sony Blu-Ray | Sony PS4 | WD Live | Samsung 65" LED | Panasonic 42" LCD (gym) | 2 x Sherbourn PA 5-200 |
Paradigm Monitor 90P V2 (gym) | Paradigm Studio 100 v5 | Paradigm Studio CC690 v5 | Paradigm Monitor 11 v2 (S-Back L/R) |
Paradigm ADP 350 (S-Side L/R) | 2 x Paradigm Sub 12 | Paradigm Sub 2
Dynokween is offline  
post #19577 of 20738 Old 01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 323
X-Men DoFP bass sucks. I though there was something wrong with my sub.

home theater addict
saprano is online now  
post #19578 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Netflix has both on blu ray. You could always just join for a month or so and rent these titles plus whatever else.
Good point Toe ! The wifey has a Netflix account, but it's the one for streaming/downloading ? I do find Redbox much more convenient, but may have to upgrade her Netflix account if Red is not going to carry certain titles on Blu.
I must have at least 10-12 redbox locations within a 1 to 10 radius of our home.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #19579 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
X-Men DoFP bass sucks. I though there was something wrong with my sub.
First time I watched it, I felt the same way and fell asleep on it.
Gave it a 2nd chance and watched it again, but this time following the recommendations of fellow bass heads on this thread and WOW !!
If I remember correctly do the following.
Crank the sub level up a few db's 2,3,4 on your AVR and the master volume on the avr a little higher than you normally listen at and the hidden bass will come alive.
Give that a try and report back !!

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #19580 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 03:01 AM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed MR !! Is it worth a blind buy ? Man I have to stop doing these blind buys !!

Thanks!

Well I shouldn't say yes it's worth a blind buy if you need to stop buying them! I don't want to be labeled as your enabler!!

Also since this is going to be most likely a trilogy you would then have to buy three BD's. I enjoyed the film and look forward to the others. I will say though like the films who copy another this is like Hunger Games, Divergent, Ect. Where it's set in the future and teens play a role, but still is worth a watch.

I agree with Toe about Netflix if even you just bump up your subscription to one BD out at a time you'll be able to catch movie's that Redbox may not have or get. I use Redbox as a fill in sometimes, but they only fill there boxes with so many titles where Netflix has a bigger library to chose from.
Ray77085 likes this.
discone is offline  
post #19581 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
First time I watched it, I felt the same way and fell asleep on it.
Gave it a 2nd chance and watched it again, but this time following the recommendations of fellow bass heads on this thread and WOW !!
If I remember correctly do the following.
Crank the sub level up a few db's 2,3,4 on your AVR and the master volume on the avr a little higher than you normally listen at and the hidden bass will come alive.
Give that a try and report back !!
I'll try that thanks. I looked at the charts over at data-bass and it extends down low. So i was expecting some good bass moments. But no. Things i thought would be loud deep bass was just a rumble.
wth718 and Ray77085 like this.

home theater addict
saprano is online now  
post #19582 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Thanks!

Well I shouldn't say yes it's worth a blind buy if you need to stop buying them! I don't want to be labeled as your enabler!!

Also since this is going to be most likely a trilogy you would then have to buy three BD's. I enjoyed the film and look forward to the others. I will say though like the films who copy another this is like Hunger Games, Divergent, Ect. Where it's set in the future and teens play a role, but still is worth a watch.

I agree with Toe about Netflix if even you just bump up your subscription to one BD out at a time you'll be able to catch movie's that Redbox may not have or get. I use Redbox as a fill in sometimes, but they only fill there boxes with so many titles where Netflix has a bigger library to chose from.
Thanks for your thoughts on MR !! I'm definitely into sci-fi, future type movies and so It will end up being a blind buy especially with the bass !!
Last one !! (haha).....
discone likes this.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #19583 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Yes indeed Ragnarok was a bass feast!! As it has been stated for Bass heads it is worth a watch if even just one time. I enjoyed the movie for what it was and did not try to pick it apart for story holes, ect. I knew going in I was watching for the bass and was not disappointed at all.

This film did alert me to a problem though and it has been there before but not as pronounced. Due to the prolonged episodes of bass in this film the wife and I both noticed a resonating sound with the bass. It came and went before so quick we never gave it much thought and I had thought most rattles have been taken care of with Blu-tac and such.

It was coming from her curio shelving unit so I removed everything off and the sound was still there. Low and behold the backer board is slid into groves and is not tight which allowed it to vibrate giving off a weird resonating sound. So today's chore is to add some Gorilla glue in the groves so it can expand and hold that board tight. I'm hoping this improves the bass even more now without this sound adding to the mix.
grtuck likes this.
discone is offline  
post #19584 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,761
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1877 Post(s)
Liked: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
X-Men DoFP bass sucks. I though there was something wrong with my sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
First time I watched it, I felt the same way and fell asleep on it.
Gave it a 2nd chance and watched it again, but this time following the recommendations of fellow bass heads on this thread and WOW !!
If I remember correctly do the following.
Crank the sub level up a few db's 2,3,4 on your AVR and the master volume on the avr a little higher than you normally listen at and the hidden bass will come alive.
Give that a try and report back !!



DoFP had great bass on my system, no tweaking was required. An example that comes to mind is Blink's portals...sounded awesome!

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Alan P is offline  
post #19585 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,151
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Watched Transcendence on HBO the other day. Surprisingly, I actually saw the inuke's first clip light glow briefly at one point. There were a few points that seemed to go pretty low. Doesn't look like it's been measured at DB yet. Anyone else measured this?
Movie was ok, reminded me of an updated Lawnmower Man.


Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
ambesolman is offline  
post #19586 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post


DoFP had great bass on my system, no tweaking was required. An example that comes to mind is Blink's portals...sounded awesome!
Says the man with dual T-18's The level is super low on this one and only after a 4-6db bump does it really come alive, give it another go and bump it and hold on it's an entirely different beast
Ray77085 likes this.
audiofan1 is offline  
post #19587 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
mogrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Merica
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Ragnarok ... did alert me to a problem ... Due to the prolonged episodes of bass in this film the wife and I both noticed a resonating sound ... So today's chore is to add some Gorilla glue and hold that board tight.
Glad you found it so quick. Noise sources like that can hide. You know it's a great bass movie when it shows something new that needs fixed. I always fix 'em, but sometimes I can't help but be jealous of the 98.5% of people who never hear stuff like that, so never have to fix a thing.

Nah, that ain't right. I'm glad I can hear the difference. But it's a bunch more work that way. Come to think of it, being so picky costs us more too. :0
discone likes this.


Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
mogrub is offline  
post #19588 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post


DoFP had great bass on my system, no tweaking was required. An example that comes to mind is Blink's portals...sounded awesome!
I felt the bass but it was low. What was going on in the movie didn't match bass output.

I have an SB2000 that goes down to 13hz at 90db in my room and i'm flat throughout 20hz over 100db. So i should be able to feel things and notice when something is missing. Im going to turn up the sub and watch it at -10 next time and see if there's any diffeence.

home theater addict
saprano is online now  
post #19589 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,023
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Xmen DoFP was a monster for me in my system.

Favorite scene was the slow mo scene great low freq effects there!
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #19590 of 20738 Old 01-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Member
 
Homebrew101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
It was coming from her curio shelving unit so I removed everything off and the sound was still there. Low and behold the backer board is slid into groves and is not tight which allowed it to vibrate giving off a weird resonating sound. So today's chore is to add some Gorilla glue in the groves so it can expand and hold that board tight. I'm hoping this improves the bass even more now without this sound adding to the mix.


I know rattles can drive one nutz but many wood joints are best left "floating" to allow for expansion and contraction, careful it doesn't end up splitting one of the boards
discone likes this.
Homebrew101 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off