The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 700 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20971 of 20979 Old 05-01-2015, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I just watched Interstellar. OMG, the amount of continuous bass in it beats all the movies I've seen in the past.
>> Bass warning <<
Patzig likes this.

Last edited by Skylinestar; 05-01-2015 at 05:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20972 of 20979 Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
So...American Sniper. Yay or nay?
post #20973 of 20979 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4470 Post(s)
Liked: 1757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1234 View Post
So...American Sniper. Yay or nay?
The Blu-ray will only be available on May 19. ...Then we can all check the BASS in it; from both our ears (body vibrations too) and from its frequency chart.
And you can bet that I'll get the Blu on that date. ...And I'll share my own overall impression*; on all aspects. ...Bass included.

* And Ralph too.
post #20974 of 20979 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I'm hoping San Andreas delivers!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
post #20975 of 20979 Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I saw the Avengers: Age of Ultron on opening day in a newly renovated, ATMOS equipped theater. Damn good bass in that movie, there's a long section of really deep bass. It probably doesn't determine how the blu-ray will be, but it was a good movie to see in a theater!
post #20976 of 20979 Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
I just watched Interstellar. OMG, the amount of continuous bass in it beats all the movies I've seen in the past.
>> Bass warning <<
18-25 Hz at 101 DB i think.

And the payoff is never certain: Some observers contend that a generation has already been trained to be content with the small screen.
post #20977 of 20979 Old Today, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
^^^^^ That's Awesome!
post #20978 of 20979 Unread Today, 06:59 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Watched Man With the Iron Fists 2 last night which had a good amount of loud bass, although nothing real deep subjectively.

While not a movie, have to mention Gordon Goodwins Big Phat Band XXL DVD-A which I also listened to. This disc has fantastic low end as far as music goes and some extremely well recorded kick drum in particular which to me is a must to make my favorites list when it comes to music. Amazing recording/mix otherwise as well which will really show off a 5.1 setup!
lefthandluke likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #20979 of 20979 Unread Today, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Watched Man With the Iron Fists 2 last night which had a good amount of loud bass, although nothing real deep subjectively.

While not a movie, have to mention Gordon Goodwins Big Phat Band XXL DVD-A which I also listened to. This disc has fantastic low end as far as music goes and some extremely well recorded kick drum in particular which to me is a must to make my favorites list when it comes to music. Amazing recording/mix otherwise as well which will really show off a 5.1 setup!
have not heard that disc, but i do have "act your age" which is a fantastic recording and the music just kicks ass...

this is stuff you just have to CRANK...the louder it is the better it sounds!

at the zenith of his nadir...
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page