The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 710 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #21271 of 21273 Unread Today, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Just watched John Wick and enjoyed the nice bass and the soundtrack as well. It's a little over the top as far as plot's are concerned (okay, a lot over the top) but I'm comfortable with the suspension of reality when I watch movies so it didn't really bother me.

My wife on the other hand… well she hated it. In her words: "There was no redeeming quality to that movie". But she also thinks big subwoofers are unnecessary so her opinion doesn't count.

Most definitely NOT a chick flick.

Klipsch: KLF-30, KLF C-7, KG 5.5, KG 4.2
Power&Preamp: Elektra Theatron, Cary Cinema 11a
Subs: Dual Passive JTR 2400 Captivators
Power Amp: Crown XLS 5000
Viewing: Sony Bravia 850b 70"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21272 of 21273 Unread Today, 05:14 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
ok movie...sound was great but the bass was defnitly not below 30Hz. very hollow....actually sounded like bass from a 90's movie..

oh well..still fun to watch..

The bass actually extends down to about 15hz with a few single digit spikes as well. It's just that there is a HUGE 30hz spike in there which might make the stuff below that not stand out as much. I had to look this up since I remember liking the bass in this one on my setup, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Check out post #290 The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #21273 of 21273 Unread Today, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1567 Post(s)
Liked: 1421
Wel it's primarily a 30hz movie haha. Not enough 15hz content to call it a good bass movie imho. And when there is 15hz its not loud enough to matter
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
The Pacific Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Zombieland Blu Ray , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Star Wars , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Rambo Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Cabin In The Woods , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Windtalkers Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Total Recall , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Finding Nemo , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultr
Gear in this thread - Flight by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page