The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 727 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 3865Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2015, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ I forgot what your compression sweeps look like as that will be a determined factor what frequency should be HP'ed along with how loud and how hot do you normally listen to? I would place it where it compresses down low for your listening level. You might not need a high pass at your norm level but as a safety net for those loud demo sessions, you would be better off having a high pass as with that 8db boost and if it's beyond your sub capability down low, it will distort and make bad noise. I don't have a minidsp so I don't know how that can be done.
If it's a sealed sub, why would you apply a HPF unless it's really called for? As in, he hears bottoming out or bad noises at volumes he listens at? And if that's the case, less boost should be applied instead of adding a HPF. The whole point of a sealed alignment is to get max extension--a HPF defeats that. But this is off topic...
wth718 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-08-2015, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
If it's a sealed sub, why would you apply a HPF unless it's really called for? As in, he hears bottoming out or bad noises at volumes he listens at? And if that's the case, less boost should be applied instead of adding a HPF. The whole point of a sealed alignment is to get max extension--a HPF defeats that. But this is off topic...
Yeah, I hear no bad noises even when pushing it up to 0MV...so obviously not at my normal -10 to -15MV.

I've actually considered boosting it a couple more db just to see what it sounds like, but that is probably completely unnecessary at this point. I'm more than satisfied with the bass as it is now.
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,431
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
If it's a sealed sub, why would you apply a HPF unless it's really called for? As in, he hears bottoming out or bad noises at volumes he listens at? And if that's the case, less boost should be applied instead of adding a HPF. The whole point of a sealed alignment is to get max extension--a HPF defeats that. But this is off topic...
Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Yeah, I hear no bad noises even when pushing it up to 0MV...so obviously not at my normal -10 to -15MV.

I've actually considered boosting it a couple more db just to see what it sounds like, but that is probably completely unnecessary at this point. I'm more than satisfied with the bass as it is now.
Then you are good as is without. I was thinking about protecting your subs with that much boost down low. I am sure you are running your subs a few db hot on top of the LS. Ok, back to regular bass program.
tvuong is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Member
 
wilesone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: washington
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I used a MiniDSP and applied a +8db low shelf filter, that was pretty much it.
Thanks Alan. What Freq did you start the shelf at? I've done the same with pretty good results except for a big null at 8 Hz that annoys the crap out of me but probably makes little real world difference.

To actually add to the thread- I watched the first Hellboy again the other day and enjoyed the hell out of the bass in it.
Kingsman- Really enjoyed the movie, not much that I remember standing out for bass.
Run All Night- Enjoy pretty much all Liam's movies, same as above for bass.
The Gunman- Pretty good movie, a bit slow. Some pretty nice bass moments but of course i wanted more.
wilesone is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilesone View Post
Thanks Alan. What Freq did you start the shelf at? I've done the same with pretty good results except for a big null at 8 Hz that annoys the crap out of me but probably makes little real world difference.
I started at 20hz (where it was dropping off without the MiniDSP). Here's a before/after graph.






And on-topic:

I finally watched Ragnarok the other night - as reported here, some really good low stuff and plenty of it. Not a bad movie either, had some really good tension building moments.

Watched Jupiter Ascending last weekend - I really enjoyed it. Not nearly as bad as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. I really liked Eddie Redmayne's character/performance. Oh yeah, and a TON of good bass!

Watched Maggie - who knew...Arnie can actually act! Had some nice, atmospheric bass.

Watched Kingsman - love, love, love Kingsman! What a fun movie, and the great bass is just icing on the cake!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsp.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	821170  
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,122
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2777 Post(s)
Liked: 2513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I started at 20hz (where it was dropping off without the MiniDSP). Here's a before/after graph.






And on-topic:

I finally watched Ragnarok the other night - as reported here, some really good low stuff and plenty of it. Not a bad movie either, had some really good tension building moments.

Watched Jupiter Ascending last weekend - I really enjoyed it. Not nearly as bad as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. I really liked Eddie Redmayne's character/performance. Oh yeah, and a TON of good bass!

Watched Maggie - who knew...Arnie can actually act! Had some nice, atmospheric bass.

Watched Kingsman - love, love, love Kingsman! What a fun movie, and the great bass is just icing on the cake!
That's hysterical about JA. While I enjoyed it I thought E. redmayne was the worst!!

Agree with the rest but now I have to rent Maggie
Brian Fineberg is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
That's hysterical about JA. While I enjoyed it I thought E. redmayne was the worst!!

Agree with the rest but now I have to rent Maggie
There's something wrong with you Brian.




J/K! Different strokes for different folks!
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
wpbpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post

Watched Kingsman - love, love, love Kingsman! What a fun movie, and the great bass is just icing on the cake!
WoW! That's an impressive graph for 'Kingsman'
I thought it was a fun watch and very dynamic but I didn't pick up that kind of bass Time for a 3rd watch
wpbpete is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbpete View Post
WoW! That's an impressive graph for 'Kingsman'
I thought it was a fun watch and very dynamic but I didn't pick up that kind of bass Time for a 3rd watch
I don't think that was a graph of Kingsmen, but of the frequency response of his system. No way KM had that much full-bandwidth content.
wth718 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
I don't think that was a graph of Kingsmen, but of the frequency response of his system. No way KM had that much full-bandwidth content.
That indeed was NOT a graph of any movie, it's the response from my subs....but I'm pretty sure Pete knew that when he posted. I believe it was a good-natured jab to get us back on topic.
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
wpbpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
I don't think that was a graph of Kingsmen, but of the frequency response of his system. No way KM had that much full-bandwidth content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
That indeed was NOT a graph of any movie, it's the response from my subs....but I'm pretty sure Pete knew that when he posted. I believe it was a good-natured jab to get us back on topic.
I'm not that witty... My bad, I didn't catch that the thumb pic was the same as the large pic I see it now, thanks. Awesome system Alan
wpbpete is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coolrda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
That's hysterical about JA. While I enjoyed it I thought E. redmayne was the worst!!

Agree with the rest but now I have to rent Maggie
I don't know what made me laugh harder, his comment or yours commenting on his. Yeah I must say that was the biggest "dynamic range" in performances , especially back to back , that I've seen or remember. I think Redmayne had to be messing with them.
coolrda is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
AJ72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I thought Eddie Redpayne was quite ordinary............... but the bass extraordinary!
AJ72 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Member
 
wilesone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: washington
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[QUOTE=Alan P;35637154]I started at 20hz (where it was dropping off without the MiniDSP).

Thanks a lot Alan.
wilesone is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
I don't know what made me laugh harder, his comment or yours commenting on his. Yeah I must say that was the biggest "dynamic range" in performances , especially back to back , that I've seen or remember. I think Redmayne had to be messing with them.
I don't know, can't myself actually judge that as I have not yet seen Redmayne's academy award performance (only JA), but you might want to give comparison consideration to Halle Berry, who, if memory serves, was the first African American to win the Oscar for Best Actress for MONSTER'S BALL, then the next year attended the Razzies, Oscar in hand, to accept for Worst, for CATWOMAN. [For bonus points: name the only other African American actress to boast a Best Actress Oscar -- post Halle win...]
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coolrda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
I don't know, can't myself actually judge that as I have not yet seen Redmayne's academy award performance (only JA), but you might want to give comparison consideration to Halle Berry, who, if memory serves, was the first African American to win the Oscar for Best Actress for MONSTER'S BALL, then the next year attended the Razzies, Oscar in hand, to accept for Worst, for CATWOMAN. [For bonus points: name the only other African American actress to boast a Best Actress Oscar -- post Halle win...]
Ha! No way man. Hot chicks don't make bad movies(or maybe its I don't notice).
coolrda is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
Ha! No way man. Hot chicks don't make bad movies(or maybe its I don't notice).
Who said anything about "bad movies"? What I was responding to was candidates for greatest range in acting -- stellar to miserably mediocre, one way of putting it. I personally found Redmayne's villain in JA to be quite cringe-inducing, but have only his Oscar win to inform me of that range in THEORY OF EVERYTHING, which I've not seen.


Did see both MONSTER'S BALL and CATWOMAN however -- Halle Berry did span a chasm from brilliant to putrid in those two -- bone-raw, real, and gut-wrenching in MONSTER'S BALL, though in her head-scratching turn as Catwoman, I was utterly mystified as to what she was going for. Both awards (Oscar and Razzie) quite deserved in my mind. Incidentally, CATWOMAN was no slouch for LFE -- one of my go-to DVDs back in the day -- have no idea how it stacks up now.


No takers on the bonus? -- who is the only other African American woman to have achieved a Best Actress Oscar win? HINT: movie titles of both wins is somewhat coincidentally related.
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
BTW, to address whether CATWOMAN might be considered a bad movie simply due to Ms. Berry's puzzling performance, I personally found the movie quite delightful -- watched it maybe three times start to finish. Another point to be made is that it is barred from consideration as bad, due to pronounced LFE content -- window dressing like acting, and all the other non-essential peripherals, such as plot, dialogue, etc., cannot weigh against such a high value qualifier as LFE content.


Still looking for that bonus answer -- two, and only two, African American women hold Best Actress Oscars. Halle was the first. Who is the other? Lest you are thinking Lupita Nyong’o, there would be a few things wrong with that answer (not a win for Best Actress, and not African American)....
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
Still looking for that bonus answer -- two, and only two, African American women hold Best Actress Oscars. Halle was the first. Who is the other? Lest you are thinking Lupita Nyong’o, there would be a few things wrong with that answer (not a win for Best Actress, and not African American)....
for best actress?? pretty sure halle is the only one. best SUPPORTING actress has a few, but that includes lupita which you point out isn't for best actress....so i'm not sure where you are going here? the two ladies from "the help" were nominated, but only octavia spencer got the nod for supporting role.
digler84 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 433
oh yeah, thought i already posted this, but back on topic i took the kids to see Minions tonight. Before everyone gets excited, no...it doesn't seem like it will be anything noteworthy as far as bass is concerned. so why do i bring it up in this thread? well, the theater i was in just happened to be situated right next to the IMAX theater that was playing the new Terminator. HOLY SMOKES.....you could tell that flick was hitting THROUGH THE WALLS. My son even turned to me and said, "I wonder if that other movie will go off before ours starts? If not, it may be hard to hear the movie." LOL. I just turned to him and said, "son, it's just extra bass to enhance the movie we came to see." To which he replied, "I bet that movie next door would really shake our couch at home, wouldn't it?" "Let's hope it does buddy."
grtuck likes this.
digler84 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 8,632
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Nope. Should I??
No you are good as is. Glad that low shelf idea is working out btw.
Alan P likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 8,632
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 3360
Btw, Mad Max: Fury Road is a BASS FEST!
Toe, azz7686, mo949 and 1 others like this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
for best actress?? pretty sure halle is the only one. best SUPPORTING actress has a few, but that includes lupita which you point out isn't for best actress....so i'm not sure where you are going here? the two ladies from "the help" were nominated, but only octavia spencer got the nod for supporting role.
Just a little trivia fun, but definitely two -- Best Actress (not supporting). Second lady who won garnered wide acclaim in that role for her physical transformation, and seemed to have opened people's eyes and opened up her career for much broader offerings than previously.


Good reporting on the TERMINATOR flick -- just noticed it for pre-order at $20, so looks like it is going to be offered on the more reasonable side of new releases when that comes about. Possibly a new reference title? -- my anticipation builds! (won't tempt me into the theater though....)
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
AJ72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Eymach it's a good idea but with the google factor probably doesn't hold much interest as too easy to cheat. FWIW I believe (and I'm guessing here playing an honest game) you are referring to the girl out of that singing movie about Temptations? Jennifer Hudson? I thought it was for best supporting actress though? is it dream girls?
AJ72 is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watched another Arnold flick, Maggie.

Was a crap film, however, had a lot of (*wait for it*) unnecessary bass in it!

Seemed to me that the soundtrack had a lot of bass in it, as some of the quieter scenes were rumbling my couch like crazy! Just seemed like an overdose and unnecessary. Hahaha can't believe I'm saying that!! usually the more the better but in this film a lot of it was out of context.
Killer_Nads is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ72 View Post
Eymach it's a good idea but with the google factor probably doesn't hold much interest as too easy to cheat. FWIW I believe (and I'm guessing here playing an honest game) you are referring to the girl out of that singing movie about Temptations? Jennifer Hudson? I thought it was for best supporting actress though? is it dream girls?
HMMM, not sure Google going to be much help here -- you would think so, looking for the only other African American actress than Halle Berry, to hold the Oscar -- a win, not nomination -- for BEST ACTRESS (not in supporting role). She won that Oscar after Halle won it for MONSTER'S BALL. So a limited list, but Google might not yield results that will provide the answer -- maybe, we'll see. So a couple more hints that will probably give it away:

The second actress figures prominently in a new release getting major attention in this thread as a bass powerhouse.

This actress was not African American at the time of her win, but is now.
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
This actress was not African American at the time of her win, but is now.



Trick question then??

Was it Rachel Dolezal?




EDIT: Well, you must mean Charlize Theron for "Monster", but have no idea what you mean by saying she is now African American.
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post


Trick question then??

Was it Rachel Dolezal?




EDIT: Well, you must mean Charlize Theron for "Monster", but have no idea what you mean by saying she is now African American.
You are correct, sir -- with the answer appearing after "EDIT", that is. She won for the 2003 film MONSTER, but gained American citizenship only after that win, so was only African before that. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Charliz e_Theron



Charlize Theron...is a South African and American actress, producer and fashion model. She has starred in several Hollywood films, such as Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).



Theron received critical acclaim for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003), for which she won the Academy Award.



Theron became a U.S. citizen in 2007, while retaining her South African citizenship
Emaych is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3062 Post(s)
Liked: 1896
Yup, trick question.

South African-American is not the same as African-American, at least in the generally accepted definition of the term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

Quote:
African Americans, also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, is an ethnic group of citizens or residents of the United States with total or partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.[3][4] The term may also be used to include only those individuals who are descended from African slaves.[5][6] As a compound adjective the term is usually hyphenated as African-American.[7][8]
Alan P is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Emaych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Yup, trick question.

South African-American is not the same as African-American, at least in the generally accepted definition of the term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American
I wouldn't say "trick" -- it required some out-of-the-box insight, such as you applied, but pretty straightforward. Yes, I am aware of the common vernacular usage, but that is what made it an interesting exercise in insightful thinking, otherwise, as our friend AJ72 pointed out, you could just look it up, and there's no real fun there.

Anyway, just an intriguing bit of trivia to add to what promises to be a bass fest for the ages, that being MAD MAX FURY ROAD, from most accounts. I think I do not so much trust what people are hearing in the theaters though -- I have to wait for the blu, but thanks to the early reporting, I have another promising title to long for...for so so many months!
Emaych is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Alien Vs Predator Blu Ray , Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Back To The Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy Digital Copy Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Battleship , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Bolt Blu Ray , Braveheart Blu Ray , Captain America The First Avenger Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Casino Royale Blu Ray , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Conan The Barbarian Blu Ray , Daredevil Directors Cut Blu Ray , Death Race 3 Inferno Blu Ray , Devil Blu Ray Widescreen , Disneys Wall E Blu Ray , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Fantastic 4 Rise Of The Silver Surfer , Fast Five Blu Ray , Finding Nemo , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Hanna Blu Ray , Harry Potter The Order Of The Phoenix Playstation3 Game Ea , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Hitman Digital Copy Blu Ray , Hot Fuzz 2 Disc Special Edition Region 2 Dvd , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Hurt Locker Blu Ray , Immortals Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man 2 Single Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Digital Copy Combo Pack , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Kill Bill Volume 1 Blu Ray , Kung Fu Panda 2 Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Kung Fu Panda Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Last Stand Blu Ray , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Marvels The Avengers , Matrix , Max Payne Unrated Edition Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Pirates Of The Caribbean Three Movie Set Curse Of The Black Pearl Dead Mans Chest At Worlds End Blu , Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Rambo Blu Ray , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Resident Evil Afterlife Blu Ray , Resident Evil Apocalypse Blu Ray , Resident Evil Retribution 3d Two Disc Combo Blu Ray Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Sherlock Holmes Blu Ray , Skyfall Blu Ray , Skyline Blu Ray , Star Trek Blu Ray , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Star Wars , Subwoofers , Sucker Punch Two Disc Extended Edition Blu Ray , Super 8 Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Svs Pb2000 , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Cabin In The Woods , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Bat Cowl Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Hunger Games Blu Ray Digital Copy , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , The Incredibles Four Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , The Last Airbender Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Pacific Blu Ray , The Raid Redemption , The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu Ray , The Worlds End Blu Ray Dvd Digital Hd With Ultraviolet , Thor Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Total Recall , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Two Disc Special Edition Blu Ray , Triangle Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , U 571 Blu Ray , Underworld Awakening Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray 3d , Unstoppable Blu Ray Digital Copy , Valkyrie Blu Ray , War Of The Worlds Blu Ray , Windtalkers Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Two Disc Ultimate Edition Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Uncaged Edition , X Men The Last Stand Blu Ray , Xxx , Zombieland Blu Ray
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off