The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 760 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4984Likes

Old 09-10-2015, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6791 Post(s)
Liked: 3365
Utron wasn't recorded in a phone boot?

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 899

Can't believe how low the volume is on Ultron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5kSBn7.gif
Views:	583
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	933578  
Shreds likes this.

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Old 09-10-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3347 Post(s)
Liked: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post

Can't believe how low the volume is on Ultron
It has better extension though than he first avengers
Old 09-10-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1457 Post(s)
Liked: 1441
Quote:
Sorry Scott but they are completely different.
MM is way louder.
There's maybe a 10DB difference between both tracks (This is what I'm pointing at)
Avengers looks like it was made for earphones!

You know I'm sure it will probably hit hard at my place but I have a feeling I will have to listen @ +25DB on my Master volume

Just sayin'.
+ 25DB LOL! Only you FS I figure they wanted to out do the first one by seeing just how steep of a cliff they could drop off the bass from they could've of just asked this guy and gave us the goods!
Fatshaft likes this.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Point Source

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked: 2442
Wow. 10dB differential. Crank it up doods
KMFDMvsEnya and audiofan1 like this.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 4711 Post(s)
Liked: 3636
Old 09-10-2015, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Here you go Scotty

@beastaudio your avatar scares the crap out of me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Biwlkl.gif
Views:	1084
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	933722  
Shreds and Franky62 like this.

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's
Old 09-10-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
It looks like 5 dB less at 30hz, the same at 20hz, but 8 dB more at 10. The average level is very low so I bet this running hot sounds better than the first, more weight to it. I am still not thrilled though.

Marantz 7702 Atmos
3 Inuke NU4-6000 amps for all speakers.
Speakers- 7 Behringer B215XL's, 4 212xl's for ceiling speakers.
Front subs 8 SI 18ht ported SLLT powered by Peavy IPR 7500
Rear subs 4 SI 18HT ported SLLT powered by Inuke 6000.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Here you go Scotty
Yeah, definitely louder than Ultron. Thanks.

Not meaning to put you to work but is it possible to "level match" the graphs so we can look at the difference in PvA ignoring the difference in level?
Old 09-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Point Source

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked: 2442
Quote:
Here you go Scotty

I fixed it back to something normal I was just having fun for a bit
Old 09-10-2015, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Going off memory, Ultron does have more extension than the first, but there's not much of it. I usually listen at -10/-8 db, but cranked this up to -2 and went up 2 db on the sub level, too. Still seemed lifeless to me overall, not just the LFE.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
the audio is DTS-HD MA, but sounds like watching VCD
Agreed
WereWolf84 likes this.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Can adding DSP Cinema reverb, and enlarging the room's dimension help...with Utron soundtrack?

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Can adding DSP Cinema reverb, and enlarging the room's dimension help...with Utron soundtrack?
I'll let you know but it (CinemaDSP) does not do anything other than enhance the way the acoustically space is perceived. So a crummy soundtrack will still sound crummy ....just.... enhanced.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1293 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
MMFR and Avengers 2 are not even in the same galaxy. MM has about 15db advantage in the 20-50hz range on the average graph!!!
From 10-20hz, Aveng 2 has nothing significant and MMFR is between 15-25db louder on the average.
audiofan1, mo949 and Hopinater like this.

Last edited by Toe; 09-10-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
Avengers/marvel franchise is tired and has no oomph and terrible home video sound mixes. Not even going to bother streaming this one.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
I'll let you know but it (CinemaDSP) does not do anything other than enhance the way the acoustically space is perceived. So a crummy soundtrack will still sound crummy ....just.... enhanced.
Ok Scott, good enough.

You know...when I read someone mentioning that Disney is for kids and they don't want to scare them with too much low bass...because they want to make sure they feel no "pain" when purchasing all those Avengers U!tron products; figurines, t-shirts, baseball caps, coffee mugs, comic books, drawing books, crayolas, Halloween costumes, Avengers runners and shoes, caps, hammers, green plastic suits, latex spandex tights suits, ...all that U!tron stuff including stickers and tattoos; it all made sense @ the end.

And for older teenagers, like us, too bad we won't have all the bass we wish for, and we'll have to order some of them Disney 3D Blu-rays from overseas if we really want them...'Ratatouille' from PIXAR...just as one example.

But you guys, bass aficionados of the higher echelon, why don't you get D-Box like the true bass shaker champions you all pretend to be?
D-Box man...that's the way to truly put some serious trembling motion under your butts. Yeah, get them FOX Blu-ray titles encoded with D-Box motion and equip your home theater chairs with the appropriate gear...or just buy them chairs already equipped with D-Box motion...if you are too lazy to diy.

Hey, what da ya think of dat now! ...And I seriously mean that because once you experienced D-Box there is no coming back.
And I believe that it ain't just FOX Blu-rays that are encoded by such...but also from other Hollywood movie studios.

I have a big pile of Blus encoded with D-Box...I just need to get that chair...someday. Google it...you'll see what kind of "impact" I'm talkin' 'bout.
Just a simple and logical suggestion to all bass lovers. ...Because after all, there is no good bass like bad ass.
BillFree likes this.

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Avengers/marvel franchise is tired and has no oomph and terrible home video sound mixes. Not even going to bother streaming this one.
That is exactly why earlier I asked if U!tron was recorded inside a phone boot, with some echoes added to it to simulate a larger phone boot.
Kid's stuff man, kinder garden sand box for the easily sensitive type. ...With easy tears in their eyes when that hammer strikes.

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Have you ever tried out D-Box NorthSky? I have tried it several times at various Cedia shows and have never been impressed. It really does turn HT into some type of ride which might sound cool (and some think it is), but I thought it was very gimmicky and felt very separate from what the subs were doing which took me out of the presentation. I find a well set up Buttkicker (or Crowson I am sure) attached to a floor joist or riser of some sort MUCH more natural and convincing vs D-Box. That's just me though and obviously there are many who love it.
ambesolman and MatthewTyson like this.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Have you ever tried out D-Box NorthSky? I have tried it several times at various Cedia shows and have never been impressed. It really does turn HT into some type of ride which might sound cool (and some think it is), but I thought it was very gimmicky and felt very separate from what the subs were doing which took me out of the presentation. I find a well set up Buttkicker (or Crowson I am sure) attached to a floor joist or riser of some sort MUCH more natural and convincing vs D-Box. That's just me though and obviously there are many who love it.
No Toe, I've just read extensively about it...right from the beginning when it was invented/developed by these two Frenchmen in Longueil, Quebec...my native province and language.

There are various designs...and from all prices....$5,000-30,000+ depending on how many seats and levels of motion...apparatuses and their centrifuge force...motor's strength. ...You can have all four corners of a two-seater, love seat, or couch, covered for the u!timate experience/shake.

There must be some good theaters in Hollywood equipped with D-Box motion chairs...or are they the more private type?
Peter (CINERAMAX) probably has some knowledge...much more than I about D-Box and which theaters.

I don't know what type they had @ CEDIA in the past; can you give me a link?

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
I've watched a couple movies with D box and the one word that best described the experience is irratation.
Toe likes this.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
No Toe, I've just read extensively about it...right from the beginning when it was invented/developed by these two Frenchmen in Longueil, Quebec...my native province and language.

There are various designs...and from all prices....$5,000-30,000+ depending on how many seats and levels of motion...apparatuses and their centrifuge force...motor's strength. ...You can have all four corners of a two-seater, love seat, or couch, covered for the u!timate experience/shake.

There must be some good theaters in Hollywood equipped with D-Box motion chairs...or are they the more private type?
Peter (CINERAMAX) probably has some knowledge...much more than I about D-Box and which theaters.

I don't know what type they had @ CEDIA in the past; can you give me a link?
No, I don't have a link. Cedia has been held in Denver 5 times since 2006 or 2007 and I have gone each time. I couldn't tell you what exactly they were using in the demo each time. I would sure as hell hope a demo at Cedia would be optimally setup, but who knows. Just know that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be and when you factor in the price, it was even less impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
I've watched a couple movies with D box and the one word that best described the experience is irratation.
That was my experience as well!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Make sure you buy the latest D-Box equipment just out. Having followed D-Box for a long time and experienced it with 3D & top projector viewing, it is great. I haven't looked how the Dolby Atmos,DTS-X fits in to the system. D-Box has incredible amount of ready to experience D-box movies (thousands). Everytime I buy a new bluray i always look for the D-Box logo on back. D-box is expensive like Panamorpic lens, Kaleidescape streaming, (D-Box offered),we all want one.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFree View Post
Make sure you buy the latest D-Box equipment just out. Having followed D-Box for a long time and experienced it with 3D & top projector viewing, it is great. I haven't looked how the Dolby Atmos,DTS-X fits in to the system. D-Box has incredible amount of ready to experience D-box movies (thousands). Everytime I buy a new bluray i always look for the D-Box logo on back. D-box is expensive like Panamorpic lens, Kaleidescape streaming, (D-Box offered),we all want one.
Unless it has been dramatically improved from 2 years ago which is when I experienced it last, I sure don't want one in all due respect. There are a number of very expensive HT items that are WAY out of my price range that I would love to have (like a Sony 4k projector which I fell in love with), but D-box is absolutely not one of them from what I have experienced. I don't mean any disrespect though and respect that many enjoy it, I am just not one of them as I found it gimmicky and unnatural each and every time I have demoed it.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 875
+1 Toe

I'd read about it for several years and finally got to try it a few years ago. They played the opening scene from I am Legend where Will Smith is driving in the mustang. That seat was tossing me around everywhere. It makes relaxing and watching a movie next to impossible and you'd spill your beer!

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Toe likes this.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

We're just talking; I added another perspective to the movie "impact" experience...with motion...which is certainly a good aspect of intense low bass.

We all have various taste in movies, in music, in quality recordings, on amount of bass, on satisfying impact, on thrill rides, on roller coaster rides.
The more folks joining the fun and with their experience, or not, that's what this thread is all about...master movies with great bass dominance and awesome encoding and decoding @ home. ...Like 'Interstellar'.

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
But you guys, bass aficionados of the higher echelon, why don't you get D-Box like the true bass shaker champions you all pretend to be?
D-Box man...that's the way to truly put some serious trembling motion under your butts.
Ugh.

Quote:
Have you ever tried out D-Box NorthSky?
Quote:
No Toe, I've just read extensively about it...
Yeah.. I can tell. You do not know of what you speak here, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
It's annoying as f**k and expensive too.

Fatshaft, Toe, coolrda and 2 others like this.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I'd read about it for several years and finally got to try it a few years ago. They played the opening scene from I am Legend where Will Smith is driving in the mustang. That seat was tossing me around everywhere. It makes relaxing and watching a movie next to impossible and you'd spill your beer!
You can adjust the level of motion...there are several levels.

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You are abso!utely right Scott; I don't have a single clue on what I'm talking about...no real first hand experience whatsoever.

But you do...and you didn't like it, and so Toe and others. I apologize...and let's get back to what you like...lots of bass, loud and low.
I was a little off topic, and four people hate D-Box.

No problemo, only what we do love.
coolrda likes this.

~ Bob
- Van Morrison
Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Here you go Scotty

Thanks for the comparison. It's pure utter crap is what Ultron is. Couldn't believe what my ears weren't hearing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Alien Vs Predator Blu Ray , Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Back To The Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy Digital Copy Blu Ray , Batman Begins Blu Ray , Battle Los Angeles Blu Ray , Battleship , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Bolt Blu Ray , Braveheart Blu Ray , Captain America The First Avenger Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Casino Royale Blu Ray , Clash Of The Titans Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Conan The Barbarian Blu Ray , Daredevil Directors Cut Blu Ray , Death Race 3 Inferno Blu Ray , Devil Blu Ray Widescreen , Disneys Wall E Blu Ray , Dredd 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Fantastic 4 Rise Of The Silver Surfer , Fast Five Blu Ray , Finding Nemo , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Gamer 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Ultraviolet , Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox 360 Game Ubisoft , Hanna Blu Ray , Harry Potter The Order Of The Phoenix Playstation3 Game Ea , Hellboy Science Of Evil Playstation3 Game Konami , Hitman Digital Copy Blu Ray , Hot Fuzz 2 Disc Special Edition Region 2 Dvd , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Hurt Locker Blu Ray , Immortals Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man 2 Single Disc Edition Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Jack The Giant Slayer Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Digital Copy Combo Pack , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Kill Bill Volume 1 Blu Ray , Kung Fu Panda 2 Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Kung Fu Panda Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Last Stand Blu Ray , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Looper Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray , Machete Blu Ray , Man Of Steel Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Marvels The Avengers , Matrix , Max Payne Unrated Edition Blu Ray , Monsters Vs Aliens , Mr Brooks Blu Ray Blu Ray 2009 , Ninja Assassin Blu Ray , Olympus Has Fallen Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Pacific Rim Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack , Piranha 3dd Blu Ray , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End , Pirates Of The Caribbean At Worlds End Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Pirates Of The Caribbean Three Movie Set Curse Of The Black Pearl Dead Mans Chest At Worlds End Blu , Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time Blu Ray , Project X Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Rambo Blu Ray , Real Steel Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Resident Evil Afterlife Blu Ray , Resident Evil Apocalypse Blu Ray , Resident Evil Retribution 3d Two Disc Combo Blu Ray Ultraviolet Digital Copy , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Sherlock Holmes Blu Ray , Skyfall Blu Ray , Skyline Blu Ray , Star Trek Blu Ray , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Star Wars , Subwoofers , Sucker Punch Two Disc Extended Edition Blu Ray , Super 8 Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Svs Pb2000 , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Cabin In The Woods , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Bat Cowl Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy , The Hunger Games Blu Ray Digital Copy , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , The Incredibles Four Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , The Last Airbender Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Pacific Blu Ray , The Raid Redemption , The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu Ray , The Worlds End Blu Ray Dvd Digital Hd With Ultraviolet , Thor Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy , Tomorrow Never Dies Pierce Brosnan Blu Ray Dvd James Bond , Total Recall , Toy Story 3 Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Two Disc Special Edition Blu Ray , Triangle Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , U 571 Blu Ray , Underworld Awakening Ultraviolet Digital Copy Blu Ray 3d , Unstoppable Blu Ray Digital Copy , Valkyrie Blu Ray , War Of The Worlds Blu Ray , Windtalkers Blu Ray , World War Z Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , World War Z Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Wrath Of The Titans Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Two Disc Ultimate Edition Blu Ray , X Men Origins Wolverine Uncaged Edition , X Men The Last Stand Blu Ray , Xxx , Zombieland Blu Ray