Help! Sub choice for under $900: Rythmik vs Hsu vs Epik (yet again) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 05-31-2011, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

Which SVS do you have? You should take your sub over there before you sell it and see how it sounds in his room to make a direct comparion. I would love to hear the HSU and its tactile feel that everyone talks about.

BTW, my puny SVS 12" sub will compete just fine with the 15" and 18" subs here in performance

I had the PC 13 Cylinder...sold it for $400.

We brought the Hsu over to my theater and WOW even at low listening levels this sub moves and shakes things around. There was a certian scene in Tron that almost busted out a window, it rattled everything in the room. I now have to get some isolators for all my bluray players!
Good thing my projector is isolated or my halogen bulb would of been toast!
The PC played a little bit louder but the Hsu lives below where satan resides! The PB Ultra never had this much feel!
I now know what the the guys in the review meant by "fun factor"! Im puzzled how Dr. Hsu is able to get this bass feel with such little power. It's like he found a way to sacrafice some spl's for more of a tactile feel. To put it one way the PB sounded like the the car subs that drive by...while the Hsu sounds like the same car going down the street but it makes your house rattle with less of the 40hz loudness...which i love! Like i said before...save your money, NO BASS SHAKERS REQUIRED!

I was not able to tweek the sub since i had it for only one night, but it seems i have a bass friendly theater it is 12x23x9 ft sealed and all solid wood walls and ceilings. I think because my theater has wood floors and solid 12x12 planked walls and solid celings(solid wood boxed room) im getting this fantastic bass!

The PC 13 is a GREAT sub but i just love the "feel" of the Hsu better.

matrixj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 421
The feel you are getting are not the lower frequencies. Every room response I have seen shows the ultra going deeper than the HSU.
post #93 of 96 Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

The feel you are getting are not the lower frequencies. Every room response I have seen shows the ultra going deeper than the HSU.

Same with the PB Plus. Enjoy your new sub Matrix. I would love to hear/feel one one day.
post #94 of 96 Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

Same with the PB Plus. Enjoy your new sub Matrix. I would love to hear/feel one one day.

I would love to see the frequency responses of both subs in the room.
post #95 of 96 Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

Try Yes "Symphonic" Chris Squire bass pedal organ" and Geddy Lee's bass pedal organ during the solo on "The big money" The Hsu hit MUCH harder!
The PC in my room did not have as much impact. I don't have any of equipment to measure but i have been to over 40 concerts and my local cathedral that has the massive pipe organ that hits that note that resonates concrete....ALL FEEL! Feels like the concrete church is about to vibrate and shatter like glass! It's crazy knowing you are in a solid structure but then that note hits and you don't feel safe in that building!!

Honestly i never go by numbers...i just know what i like.
Like i said, the SVS was a great sub...i sold it cheap as i got it for only 50 bucks at a garage sale. Some poor guys ex wife was selling some stuff really cheap and i guess of course she probably hated that SVS for the wrong reasons..but i made out like a bandit!

matrixj
post #96 of 96 Old 06-01-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixj3 View Post

Try Yes "Symphonic" Chris Squire bass pedal organ" and Geddy Lee's bass pedal organ during the solo on "The big money" The Hsu hit MUCH harder!
The PC in my room did not have as much impact. I don't have any of equipment to measure but i have been to over 40 concerts and my local cathedral that has the massive pipe organ that hits that note that resonates concrete....ALL FEEL! Feels like the concrete church is about to vibrate and shatter like glass! It's crazy knowing you are in a solid structure but then that note hits and you don't feel safe in that building!!

Honestly i never go by numbers...i just know what i like.
Like i said, the SVS was a great sub...i sold it cheap as i got it for only 50 bucks at a garage sale. Some poor guys ex wife was selling some stuff really cheap and i guess of course she probably hated that SVS for the wrong reasons..but i made out like a bandit!

50 bucks!!!??? wow!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page