JBL 4645c box rattle - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all,

I recently purchased two JBL 4645c subs for my home theater from a church that is going out of business. they have been sitting in my expedition outside for the last 2 weeks and I just had a chance to bring them in today. I hooked one up to my Crown 602D bridged and played some music through it as my theater is not set up yet. I was unpleasantly met with a box rattle from hell. the woofer seems to be just fine but when I removed it from the box and stuck my hand in I could freely move some of the reinforcing. it doesn't appear to have any screws and the glue joints seem to be broken.

my question is how do I re-solidify the box to make it as solid as new. I think I can get to all of the seems, should I just use wood glue or monster glue? will this hold under the tremendous stress that the woofer can create in this box?

any help would be really appreciated.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
If properly glued and clamped, with a high quality wood glue, or Gorilla Glue in some cases, you shouldn't have much of anything to worry about. If you don't feel comfortable in doing that or, especially, if you don't have the tools, you might want to check into outsourcing the repair. A professional, woodworking enthusiast, or sometimes even the local high school wood shop, should be able to fix that without fuss and for little cost.

If you can post a couple pictures it would help in determining exactly what might be entailed.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page