Subwoofer Installation in Car... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2011, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, I know this question has probably been asked and answered so many times.

The debate over "clipping" speakers can be debated until the sun burns out, but I'm here to ask something because I really don't think my subwoofers are putting out enough. Prior to having the current system, I had a Soundstorm F2350 MOSFET 700w AMP, bridged 4 ohm with 2 JVC Warren G signature series woofers (1000W Max, 350RMS). Everything was fine and dandy for 2 years, then the one subwoofer stopped working. I began to wonder if it may have failed to get proper contact so I investigated. The tinsel wire on the + lead burnt off at the center of the speaker. I know this could be repaired but I bought two new subwoofers and a new amp.

NOW, I wonder to myself if this woofer burnt tinsel because of clipping. I had the settings pretty cranked on the amp but I never heard this screaching or squealing of the speakers or heavy distortion.

Question of the day is....I now have 2 P126DVC 4-ohm 2350W MAX subwoofers installed and wired in series, bridged to a 2000W 4-ohm amp. They each can receive 1250RMS wattage, and when bridged the amp is outputting 2000W exactly. Can I turn the bass boost up or the gain? It seems like it does next to nothing without any sensitivity or boost. I also cannot tell if it is distorting or not....I'm so confused. I don't want to blow the speakers or damage them or the amp....but I also built the system to be louder and stronger than the one previously owned by me.....

Thanks a lot guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 72
This is the wrong forum for this question - you might want to try the car audio forum.

Good luck

HT: Denon 3808ci | NAD T763 L/C/R | Klipsch KLF 20s | Klipsch KLF C7 | Klipsch KLF 10s | Klipsch KG 1.2s | 24" THT | Bash 300S | Panamax 5300PM | Panasonic 55VT60 | Oppo 103 | PS4 | X1
Family: Pioneer SP-SB23W | Pioneer Elite Pro 111 | PS3
2 Channel: Yamaha R8 | Cambridge Audio D500SE | Klipsch Heresy HBR